The Av is gone

K.C.

Sorry to hear that. The fact that you went unconscious is a good thing. It removes the tension from your body and helps prevent (further) injury. I'm glad to hear you are doing better!

Besides, look at the bright side! First of all, for the low low price of excruciating pain, you can now have everyone around you at your beck and call. "I feel awful. It is like nothing will numb the pain inside my heart. Nothing, except maybe a Jamba Juice and that new Dennis Quaid movie that just came out on DVD..." Second of all, you now have 100% unfettered access to a wide variety of pain killers. Believe me, you are going to be one happy individual for the next month. If there is any doubt now, everyone in your life is going to be absolutely certain that you love them. This can include (but is not limited to) your neighbor, postman, newspaper delivery boy, pizza delivery man, and the clerks at the grocery store. My roommate confessed his intense feelings & heartfelt thanks for to every nurse, candy striper, and doctor in the hospital when he had appendicitis. Thirdly, you now have a chance to buy a new car!

There is a phrase in Spanish that best describes the above statement: "No hay mal que por bien no venga." The non-literal translation of that is "Every cloud has a silver lining". The exact translation is, "There is no bad that cannot be followed by good". Basically, concentrate on what is going well in your life. You have kids/family that love you, an exciting chance to go car shopping, and plenty of chances to get rubbed and touched by attractive male physical therapists. You're going to be fine!

I am glad to be home. I missed my dogs and thank God they were not with me when this happened. I have 3-5 weeks before the Acadia arrives. I "should not" drive for 1-2 months, so by the time I'm recommended to drive again, the Acadia will be here.

Now I didn't have Internet access at home for almost two weeks, and even at work the last week it was hard to find time to visit C&G. Did you ever make an announcement that you ordered an Acadia? I must have missed it along the way if you did! Btw, how are you feeling today?

Now I didn't have Internet access at home for almost two weeks, and even at work the last week it was hard to find time to visit C&G. Did you ever make an announcement that you ordered an Acadia? I must have missed it along the way if you did! Btw, how are you feeling today?

GMTG, I've learned what to do and not to do to keep from hurting. I have noticed that people are trying to cheer me up by making me laugh, but it hurts my sides pretty bad when I laugh. Not being able to do my usual routine has gotten be down, but I am trying to stay occupied the best I can.

The announcement about the Acadia is in this thread:

Acadia

I ordered the Acadia the week before. It's probably 3-5 weeks out I guess?

First of all, for the low low price of excruciating pain, you can now have everyone around you at your beck and call. "I feel awful. It is like nothing will numb the pain inside my heart. Nothing, except maybe a Jamba Juice and that new Dennis Quaid movie that just came out on DVD..."

:lol:

I have noticed that people are trying to cheer me up by making me laugh, but it hurts my sides pretty bad when I laugh.

Whoops, my last post in this thread must have been hell for you then-as it was essentially one big laugh-fest. Or at least that was it's intention... :-D

Anyway, i hope you feel better. The bottom line is bad things happens, but things work themselves out. Always.

Whoops, my last post in this thread must have been hell for you then-as it was essentially one big laugh-fest. Or at least that was it's intention... :-D

Anyway, i hope you feel better. The bottom line is bad things happens, but things work themselves out. Always.

Yeah, it was, I had to close the window. :lol: But thats ok, its the thought that counts and I do appreciate it.

I feel for you K.C.

I'm sure you know how lucky you are to be alive. Get well soon man.

Life is good, still hurting in the injury spots, but not generally sore anymore. The major swings in temperature haven't been helping. It's hell to get old. Right 'blu? Right Camino? Right PCS? :P