Top 500 songs since 1980

Satty

Very long list, I wont bother to copy it all over here. I will say this, some very very not good songs on it. Clicky for full list
I have to admit, seeing Too Drunk to F*ck on any best songs lists is awesome, Hunger Strike should be higher than 471, Jump by Kriss Kross (seriously, wtf?) The list is bogus, complete crap, like four good songs on it. We should destroy Blender magazine. I mean come on, the list has the Macarena in the top 200.

woohoo!! sucker mc's is AWESOME. C.R.E.A.M. at 477, not too bad i'm shocked "Run" is at 151, that's a pretty new track that didn't get the play cream did daft punk at 157, woohoo! hahahaha, quad city dj's "ride the train", brilliant. "damn it feels good to be a gangsta" deserves to be higher up, in my opinion, but "mind is playin' tricks on me" is about where it should be. classics. overall i would buy this, if it was all on ONE CD.

Damn it Feels Good doesn't get the respect it deserves, since most people know it from the movie Office Space where it is edited if I remember correctly.

[post="31064"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

yeah, they did a number on that track. it doesn't feel the same at all in the movie.

(i'm from houston, and heard it quite some time before office space came out.)

That reminds me, I need to update the sig. God, I still cant believe that list. Bawitdaba is on it. Ok, seriously, that song was decent for that week when everyone liked Kid Rock, I fell for it like every other high school freshman did. But I grew up, apparently nobody from Blender has. Well, that really should be a given since Avril, Britney and the Backstreet Boys are all on there, yet I only saw one Green Day song. And why so much Outkast? My brain is now sad.

This list is pretty bogus...going by the songs I know, there are WAY better Def Leppard songs than "Pour some sugar over me." This seems like a list of best pop hit songs, not by musical quality. I figured Smells Like Teen Spirit would make the top 10...it never fails. :rolleyes: How did Britney Spears make #9? Are they joking? I agree with "The Message" getting #12...that's a great song. I didn't see anything Dream Theater or Queensryche on there, two bands that deserve to have at least one song each on that list. If "Mmmbop" or anything Aaron Carter is hiding somewhere on this list, I'm declaring it bunk.

This list should just be titled "Blender's 500 Favorite Songs As of This Writing". Britney, Fiddy-Cent, Eminem, and the Backstreet Boys make the top 20, but Billy Joel and Bryan Adams (two of the greatest songwriters of all time) are nowhere to be found, and the first Springsteen song is at #252. If it looks like :bs: and smells like :bs:, it's probably :bs:, so don't bother tasting it.

This list should just be titled "Blender's 500 Favorite Songs As of This Writing". Britney, Fiddy-Cent, Eminem, and the Backstreet Boys make the top 20, but Billy Joel and Bryan Adams (two of the greatest songwriters of all time) are nowhere to be found, and the first Springsteen song is at #252.

If it looks like :bs: and smells like :bs:, it's probably :bs:, so don't bother tasting it.

[post="31137"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Well, "Fiddy-Cent" did sell the most albums in one week since the Beetles......

Just because people buy it doesn't make it good.  Just look at the Camry.

[post="31246"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Hey, I own that CD, and I dont own a Camry. I didnt read the list though, because I could care less who they think are good. I buy what I like, I dont need to be told what someone else likes.

Re-reading the list, I think it should be named the "500 Songs that suburban white kids think they are cool for listening to." If they made a multi-disc album of all these songs, I'd feel compelled to go buy a used Honda, throw on a backwards baseball cap, pop my collar, put disc one in, turn the bass up and drive around pointlessly. Oh wait, they dont have to make an album, this list is just the crap they play on Clearchannel and Journal Broadcast Group radio stations.

Re-reading the list, I think it should be named the "500 Songs that suburban white kids think they are cool for listening to."  If they made a multi-disc album of all these songs, I'd feel compelled to go buy a used Honda, throw on a backwards baseball cap, pop my collar, put disc one in, turn the bass up and drive around pointlessly.  Oh wait, they dont have to make an album, this list is just the crap they play on Clearchannel and Journal Broadcast Group radio stations.

[post="31262"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

you wouldn't hear C.R.E.A.M., around the world, sucker m.c.'s and whatever else i mentioned on clearchannel.

We quit after the first one hundred. I can see this is the sheeple list. Ive never heard of 75% of those songs, I suspect many of them are not even music. Seems funny MJ, Madonna and Prince made more than a few but yet not one SamHalen or Vanhalen, yet Rat and Brian Adams are on there. (top 100 or so) Is this based on weeks high on "chart" ? that would explain. Thats all drivin by teeny boppers. Non commercial music - forever ! Im with Mustang and Z28 on this one. Bull crap !