What's the Temperature where You Are?

As I sit typing this, snow blows and falls outside... The temperature? -46 Degrees. That's right, skin will FREEZE within four minutes. But that's by far not the bad news in this case... It's supposed to stay like this until Friday. Should I burn some Toyotas to keep warm? ^_^ I can't be the only one bearing the brunt of winter- What's the weather like where you are?

:CanadaEmoticon:

Holy Cow....hasn't gotten that cold around here yet. It's got down to about -20F which is about -30C if I am doing my math right. There is a BIG difference between -30C and -46C though. I feel for you though. I know what it is like to be out in those kind of temps. Haven't felt them for almost a year but they are hard to forget. Literally takes your breath away when you step outside.

Last January when it was about -45F (close to the same temp as you are at now i think) one night outside I did an experiment. If you take a cup of almost boiling water and throw it up in the air, it will completely steam away before it hits the ground. Give it a try, the steam looks pretty damn cool as well, almost like fireworks. Also at that temp, if you spit, it will freeze before it hits the pavement.

The weekend was nice, sunny and 50s, today is supposed to be sunny and upper 40s. But there is a lot of snow coming down in the high country, which should get here to the Front Range by tomorrow, so it will back to snow and cold..

:blink:

Hold on.... there's... an American who uses Celsius?

Guys, they've figured out our code! Crap!!!

:lol:

God ... you must think we're real dumb. You just multiply F by 3/5ths or is it 5/8ths or maybe 13/16ths. Then you get C ... or is it big C or little c.

Who cares. I'm not going out until spring.

God ... you must think we're real dumb. You just multiply F by 3/5ths or is it 5/8ths or maybe 13/16ths. Then you get C ... or is it big C or little c.

Who cares. I'm not going out until spring.

well its subtract 32 then multiply by 5/9... but thats beside the point... ever heard of a joke?

36F, or 2.22C here in the Philly suburbs right now.

Reading posts above...holy geez. I thought it was FREEZING when it got to 10F here not long ago. And before that, the lowest I ever really remember was -2F (I think) when we lived in western PA, a.k.a. Siberia of NA. Or, at least we thought it was.

Reminds me, why never to live much farther north or out in the north-midwest :AH-HA_wink:

43 in Chicago - I saw the temp display while riding home on the CTA train.

Yes ... but tomorrow ... oh, tomorrow (Tuesday) will be FUN.

WARM temps (40s) in the morning ... then, starting around noon, we are under a Winter Storm Warning (er, I think that's what we're under). Anyway ... falling temps drastically into the SINGLE DIGITS....with rain, ice and snow.

Oh the evening commute will be FUN FUN FUN!

;)

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve&pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"I see something that I don't like" ... Sheryl Crow ... 'Real Gone'

Much like Cort but take a few degrees off that. We are forcast for 40-50 mile an hour winds tommorrow night and about -10F. After we get about 4-7 inches of snow. The Equinox will get tried once again. Moms Aveo too. Right now it is 40F.

Edited by 2005 EquinoxLS

Turns out ... commute wasn't bad at all ... because the temps didn't drop as soon as they had forecasted. It wasn't until the 6p hour or so that it really dropped ... like a rock. Now blowing and drifting of 1-2 inches of snow. Wonderful.

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve&pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Something's wrong in the world today" ... Aerosmith ... 'Living On The Edge'

Its about -1 with 40 mph winds. It was I think the worst drive home I have ever had. I couldnt see most of the time. There was black ice under everything. VERY shiny. We have about 5-6 inches of snow. The Equinox handled it very well.