2004 Malibu BURNOUT!!!

Derek77

Don't, you say? Uh... oops. :lol: :P Actually haven't tried in the Grand Am yet. Kind of have, but not officially. I mean, those front tires have alot of grip for what they are.... And it only has 150hp. So, I guess when I do it "officially", I'll just have to... set the parking brake and rev the hell out of it. :D

That guy got ran over twice... he is surely dead!

[post="31108"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

That was a news story from out here....dude was okay afterwards and didn't break anything (he's a dancer, which had something to do with saving himself from real harm). The driver was being a complete prick and is in the legal trouble he deserves.

Have you guys ever been to a burnout competition? They use something to chock the front or rear tires to allow max power to the drive wheels, most of the time a concrete parking lot bumper. Are those not burnouts since they use something to hold the car in place? How about drag cars with line-lock to keep the car in place? Not a true burnout? Just to stir the pot....

Saw this on Ebaums a while back. How impressive, he pins the car against a Ford Aspire and THEN burns out. How very difficult. :rolleyes: Probably could do that wthe opther way around (aspire doing the tire roasting) FWD cars CAN burnout but you can't steer wihtthe throtle and drift or just do donuts like wiht a RWD car. Hope the retard got a few minutes of quality time wiht "Bubba" in thre local pen. <_<

this is more impressive. :)

Posted Image

Yeah. All I buy a car for is to do donuts.

[post="31776"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

It's called a "powerslide" there Northern Lights boy. http://www.cheersandgears.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/AH-HA_wink.gif

LIke I just said, a FWD car doign a burnout just sitts still or possibly nudges forward slowly: LAME.

A RWD car can really get your heartrate going, nothing like steering wiht your right foot. Edited by Sixty8panther

It's called a "powerslide"  there Northern Lights boy.  http://www.cheersandgears.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/AH-HA_wink.gif

[post="31802"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

...or just do donuts...

There, car-whose-name-was-contrived-out-of-nowhere boy. http://www.cheersandgears.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/AH-HA_wink.gif

Like I just said, a FWD car doign a burnout just sitts still or possibly nudges forward slowly: LAME.

A RWD car can really get your heartrate going, nothing like steering wiht your right foot.

Bah... I'd rather steer with my right hand. B)

Also, that black Grand Prix doesn't look like it's "sitting still or possibly nudging forward slowly." Nope. And what's fun about a car that is easy to do a burnout in? Like a car that's easy to drive (auto tranny)? Or easy to fit 7 people in (minivan)? Same thing, right? :D

Besides, the ability to do burnouts and such is not a deciding factor when buying a car.

Now, unless you want to see more FWD burnout pics, I'd advise you to be quiet. :lol: :P

Saw this on Ebaums a while back.

How impressive, he pins the car against a Ford Aspire

The car he hit was a Corolla FX.

FWD cars CAN burnout but you can't steer wihtthe throtle and drift or just do donuts like wiht a RWD car.

I guess you never saw that Prelude in the movie New Jersey Drive.

I'll give you drifting, however.... Edited by LosAngeles

That Asspire only weighs 1500lbs, the Malibu should have moved it somewhat, at least.

[post="32397"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

You the resident Toyota fan and you don't know a Corolla FX when you see it?

http://videos.streetfire.net/playlistbuild...05-3B6BC93123BB

FWD Burnout:  The equivalent of watching your dog drag his ass on the carpet.

RWD Burnout: The equivalent of lighting ten dollar bills on fire and tossing them to the wind.

[post="32550"][/post]

I'll agree wiht the FWD annalogy. :D

But here in Mass there's a junkyard that has a $5.00 a tire special every last saturday oif the month. SO when I did this it was like burning ONE ten dollar bill. My car doeesn't break crap when I abuse it. A $5000, 377 horse crate GM "ZZZ350"motor bolted to a TH350 auto trans and a ten bolt rear end can take a couple minutes of this kind of abuse at 7000rpm just fine.

BV: get a burnout photo of your Grand Am into Car Craft if you want to impress me. Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image Edited by Sixty8panther

BV: get a burnout photo of your Grand Am into Car Craft if you want to impress me.

No offense, but that makes little sense. Wrong magazine. I bet I could get one into a magazine like Sport Compact Car. And (using your own tricks) I'd like to see you get your Camaro into that magazine... :D That and my power to weight ratio is pretty poor compared to your Camaro's. Not to mention that I can't afford to ruin my tires... or to replace anything that could possibly break (crappy GM quality anyways... <_< ). It's my daily driver. I have nothing else, unlike you. So, all these factors are against me. What was your point again, honey? :P

Also, don't think I don't enjoy a good RWD burnout either...

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Okay, one more FWD one..

Posted Image

With a FWD car, you can steer with your right foot, too. Just let go...

http://www.modernracer.com/tips/frontwheel...eoversteer.html

[post="32713"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Eh... that link is neat but inducing oversteer with a FWD car is like working on your car with a plumber's wrench, sure it can be done but you should just use the right tool for the job to begin with. With a FWD car the oversteer is pointless, it's not prepelling you around the corner anfy quicker. Sure it looks cool (it does) but it's fairly lame and get's old quick. Not to mention it's less stable and even when you do have it "under control" it's really useless.

Now if you have ever seen a World Rally Championship race car (AWD, usually rear wheel biased) powerslide around a 180* corner you can see it's not just cool as hell to look at but it's the quickest way around the corner.

That amateur diagram illustrates the superiority of RWD in preformance applications. A car has four wheels, if only two of them are being "driven" then it should be the two that are not streering so that the tire's contact patches are being maximised to power/turn/stop the car.

WTH is the point of the rear wheels just "hanging out" in the back in a lateral slide while the fronts strugle to power the car by pulling it's entire mass forward AND simultaneously change direction.

I've done a lot of crazy/stupid/extreeme things in both FWD, RWD and AWD cars and I just can't imagine someone actually prefering FWD for a performance application.

I can't afford to ruin my tires... or to replace anything that could possibly break (crappy GM quality anyways...  <_< )

That's erroneous. A stock FWD car is not meant to butrnout... ever. FWD cars break whenn abused because they ar meant to be practical not sporty. That being said GM has some of the best and most durrable FWD cars unlike all those Hondas with spindley axles and whimpy lightweight internals. RWD cars from GM are equal to or more durrable than any other manufacturer's, money being equal. I'm on this Forum as a hughe GM fanatic because I believe 85% of the time GM has excellent quality.

Fly: How is that '69 Camaro pointless? <_< That's one of the most sought after classic cars of all time. How about a '59 Electra 225, '62 Ferarri GTO, '97 McLaren F1, '67 Porsche 911 & '70 Olds 442 all pointless and or lame cause they're RWD and I mention them often? :huh:

Fly:  How is that '69 Camaro pointless? <_<

That's one of the most sought after classic cars of all time. How about a '59 Electra 225, '62 Ferarri GTO, '97 McLaren F1, '67 Porsche 911 & '70 Olds 442 all pointless and or lame cause they're RWD and I mention them often? :huh:

[post="32743"][/post]

Posted Image

Stop reading into things so much.

That's erroneous. A stock FWD car is not meant to butrnout... ever. FWD cars break whenn abused because they ar meant to be practical not sporty. That being said GM has some of the best and most durrable FWD cars unlike all those Hondas with spindley axles and whimpy lightweight internals. RWD cars from GM are equal to or more durrable than any other manufacturer's, money being equal. I'm on this Forum as a hughe GM fanatic because I believe 85% of the time GM has excellent quality.

No car is meant to do burnouts. When engineering a vehicle, those working on it do not do make sure it can do a burnout... ever. Again, no car is meant to do burnouts. RWD, FWD, AWD... So, that's erroneous. Also, I wasn't talking about something breaking due to it being FWD. That isn't going to happen. Get real. I was talking about GM's "excellent" quality. Because of vehicles like that POS Blazer sitting in my driveway, I don't fully trust it. In newer vehicles, I can because I know GM is making huge strides. But older vehicles like my GA that happens to have a "spectacular" reputation... I don't think so. Besides, my mom only had FWD vehicles before the Blazer. She abuses the hell out of any vehicle. I'll say that atleast half of the Blazer's problems are her fault. If the FWD componants didn't break with her, they are not going to by doing a simple burnout.

Honey, we really need to work on some issues before we lose our marriage. This isn't healthy and the kids are getting annoyed. Pretty soon they are going to ban us from speaking to them or coming in their rooms. If realize each other's opinions and beliefs, stop the lies, and focus on our simularities, perhaps we won't have to get a divorce and have our kids adopted. http://www.cheersandgears.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rotflmao.gif Edited by blackviper8891

Ooooookay. :blink: Anywho... PLenty of engineers will tell you that F-bodys were tested by the R&D teams and at the proving grounds with many a burnout. That's why V8 poewred '68 Caamros have multy-leaf springs unlike the '67 M.Y. after an employe working on the axle hop problem by buring out with a development car. Edited by Sixty8panther

Quick history lesson BV:

Perhaps you are refering to Camaros being drag raced... is that redneck-ish? So I guess the Corvette Z06 is a redneck heap too since it was enginered so well it can pull off massive burnouts like a champ.

The 1st gen. Camaro and Firebird were raced in the Trans Am 5.0 liter class. MOst of their development in terms of chassis and drivetrain/suspension durrability was geared towards this end with the old school "win-on-sunday-sell-on-monday" philosophy. They kicked ass and as a result the names Firebird Trans Am and Z/28 are now legendary.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'm pretty sure no one on this board would say that 60s Trans Am racing is a redneck sport. Quite the opposite. People like Smokey Yunick, Penske, Donahue and amny others convinced the world that the Camaro was a worthy sports car. These race cars were not much more than showroom stock chassis with roll, cages and race modifications.

...which brings me to my second point, this FWD car that you posted those FWD burnouts of was raced in a "redneck" sport even though it shares NOTHING with the actual race car other than a few emblems/decals. I guess maybe the fact that both are pushrod powered counts as a similarity. :rolleyes:

Persoanlly I don't use derogatory names like Redneck in a demeaning way unless instigated but I do think modern NASCAR sucks.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Sixty8panther

Holy crap... :blink:

Seriously. I was kidding. See where I said that in my post? Yeah...

All of what you told me in your "history lesson", I pretty already knew from either reading about it or from one of your previous posts. Again, I was kidding about the redneck comment. I don't think about Trans Am racing that way.

Also, the more I read into this, the more I think you're trying twist the facts to your liking. No car is engineered to do burnouts. Using burnouts to solve problems, like axle-hop, is not engineering it to do burnouts. If a car can do massive burnouts, it is not because it was engineered to. Like the Z06. Do you really think the engineering staff were thinking "we need to make sure this thing can do burnouts better than anything else"? No. Cars are not engineered to do burnouts and cars are not bought to do burnouts. Period.

...which brings me to my second point, this FWD car that you posted those FWD burnouts of was raced in a "redneck" sport even though it shares NOTHING with the actual race car other than a few emblems/decals. I guess maybe the fact that both are pushrod powered counts as a similarity.

Persoanlly I don't use derogatory names like Redneck in a demeaning way unless instigated but I do think modern NASCAR sucks.

And what does NASCAR have to do with anything in this thread? Besides the fact that they can do massive burnouts? Seriously? Leave NASCAR out of this. I know the fact that the cars not being anywhere close to stock is retarded. I also know the abundance of oval-racing is retarded. But guess what else is retarded... a mediocre car like the Camry out-selling its competitors. Whether you or I like it or not, the majority seems to like all of this over the other things offered. That's why the G6 isn't the bestselling car and why other Motorsports aren't the most popular.

Personally, if you leave out that the cars aren't stock and that the tracks are mostly oval; I don't see what's your problem. RWD, pushrod powered cars... I would have thought that you would like that. Whatever.

Do that... especially when I blatantly say "Relax! I'm only kidding!"

BTW, I'm glad that Jeff Gordon finally got back to winning. If he continued to suck, I was going to say the hell with NASCAR. Too bad he's out of the points race, though. Oh well... there's always next year to get his 5th Championship.

I would and could respond to that without holding back... but seeing as how my warning level was 60% yesterday and now it's 80% it seems once again that some mod/admin thinks I'm the asshole. Whatever. Not that I got a PM about why or when or anything. Just all of a sudden I'm up to 80% as if I was the one who posted that blowjob video. There's a lot of hypocracy on this forum. <_< BV: your type of joking around is derogatory and insulting. Stop hiding behind the "I was only kidding" card. You can't insult people and then go into triades about your beliefs while insulting again. Keep "rednecks" out of it... besides I could quote you on several of your habits/beliefs that would fit that stereotype better than I ever will. nuf said.

I would and could respond to that without holding back... but seeing as how my warning level was 60% yesterday and now it's 80% it seems once again that some mod/admin thinks I'm the asshole. Whatever. Not that I got a PM about why or when or anything. Just all of a sudden I'm up to 80% as if I was the one who posted that blowjob video. There's a lot of hypocracy on this forum. <_<

BV: your type of joking around is derogatory and insulting. Stop hiding behind the "I was only kidding" card. You can't insult people and then go into triades about your beliefs while insulting again. Keep "rednecks" out of it... besides I could quote you on several of your habits/beliefs that would fit that stereotype better than I ever will. nuf said.

[post="33139"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

That 80% was a mixup. You were warned appropriately previously and I warned you and the others again accidently not realizing it was already done. Its been corrected.

As far as you and BV goes, you've done your own share of insulting others with 'yuppie-bashing' that differs little from redneck-bashing. You've also hit being the 'kidding' card with your insults. That doesn't make what he's saying/doing right, but the fact is you both do it.\

I suggest both of you cease this baiting/retorting now. I could care less if you bitch at each other all day in PMs or AIM or whatever, just keep it off here.

Period.