New to me car....

Drew, I'm going to stand out here and say that you should have all the woodgrain siding removed. This generation of Buick B-body wagons look so much better without the woodgrain IMHO. With the sedan's frontend, I think it would look hot.

I actually agree with you, however it isn't my car. He also doesn't want to pay to have the entire car painted. We're only having the front clip and hood painted. Removing the paneling would require the whole car getting done.

well the woodgrain is staying, however, we're not putting the woodgrain on the front fenders. Dominic's opinion is that original woodies were just wooden bodies, so it's ok to leave the wood off the front fenders.

I am going to drive it for a bit as is because I need the wheels. I plan to go to Germany in late May so I might have it painted while I'm over there.

I expect she'll be whole by tonight and a trip to the shop for inspection will happen tomorrow.

Cool.

I'd dump the woodgrain too, but I see his point.

She popped a brakeline tonight. :angry: :angry: :angry:

Uh. Not sure I'm liking the visual on this one....

It didn't happen while you were driving the car, did it? I sure hope not....

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve&pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"How do we explain something that took us by surprise?" ... Richard Marx ... 'Hold Onto The Nights'

Could have been much much worse.

*nods*

Indeed it could've been. Thank goodness it wasn't!

"A promise you can't take back" ... Shenandoah ... 'I Wanna Be Loved Like That'

All brake lines <metal and rubber>, rear air shocks, possibly calipers, coolant flush and fill, inspection, emissions = $1,800 worst case scenario = more than was even spent to buy the car and all the parts needed to reassemble it.

Drove the Roadmaster tonight. Dominic is taking her to work tonight <he works the graveyard shift at UPS> and is going to sort out some odds and ends during the day tomorrow. She has all new brake lines, new rear shocks, and a few other incidentals. Since she was driven less than 5,000 miles in the last year, she didn't need an emissions test but I don't think there is any fear of her failing that. She ride quiet and smooth... just as a roadmaster should.

I pick her up tomorrow.

Great sadness. The CTS is gone.

It was truly my most dependable vehicle ever.

I'm going to go cry now.

Aye ... this is the one you drove to meet up when I was in PA a couple years or so ago, right?

Dang.....

"You were never really ever here" ... Goo Goo Dolls ... 'Here Is Gone'

Congrats on the success of the Roadmaster. Sorry to hear your CTS is gone. No matter which car I pick next, I will truly miss having the Park Avenue. Just keep thinking "Germany." I may have not followed the entire story... will you and Dominic continue in a long-distance relationship?

Congrats on the success of the Roadmaster. Sorry to hear your CTS is gone. No matter which car I pick next, I will truly miss having the Park Avenue. Just keep thinking "Germany." I may have not followed the entire story... will you and Dominic continue in a long-distance relationship?

heh... I was wondering if that would get mixed up.

Dominic isn't my BF. Dominic is my BFF.

No, Dominic is staying here. Albert, my BF, might move to Germany 3-4 months after I go over.

• 4 weeks later...

A few weeks ago the power steering was cutting out intermittently. Turns out that the water pump was leaking... directly on the fanbelt. This caused the power steering pump to slip very easily without squealing. The power steering pump is run by the back of the serp belt, not the grooved side. The water pump is run by direct drive... it's connected to the camshaft via a spline shaft coming out of the front of the block.

She now has a new water pump.

img047.jpg

img046.jpg

On wednesday of last week, one of the power steering lines blew. I'm not sure which one it was because they were both so rusted out it realistically could have been either. My guess is that it was the high pressure line... just cause.

Replacement involves removing the alternator, mechanical fan assembly, supplemental serpentine belt assembly, ABS controller, air injector system and 3 out of 6 of the water pump bolts.

Took me all day Friday and some of Saturday morning because I had to order a sensor.

I forgot to hook up the connector for the air injection system so she threw a code. Not knowing what she was complaining about, I took her to Advanced Auto and borrowed their code reader. Found the trouble, crawled under the car and hooked the connector back up, and then cleared the code.

She runs great again.

Didn't take pics this time. I'm sick with allergies and just wanted to get this done.