First Camaro engine bay shots (v6)

Camino LS6

http://jalopnik.com/photogallery/09chevyca...spy1/1000600007

Hell yeah! Integrated key into fob! And see that piece of plastic on the shift trim plate that's behind the shifter? $5 says that'll be an electric e-brake like the CTS. I'm excited!

http://jalopnik.com/photogallery/09chevyca...spy1/1000599999

And dual climate control!

Edited by NOS2006

And see that piece of plastic on the shift trim plate that's behind the shifter? $5 says that'll be an electric e-brake like the CTS. I'm excited!

I'm pretty sure there's a pic in another set of spy pics that shows the e-brake handle on the far right side of the center console.

I'm pretty sure there's a pic in another set of spy pics that shows the e-brake handle on the far right side of the center console.

It's more of a brake for parking on a hill. I'm sure it would be in addition to the manual e-brake or that would make drifting retarded... unless of course you were going off of pure power :AH-HA_wink:

And you're right on the location of the manual e-brake:

http://jalopnik.com/photogallery/2009Chevy...tSpy/1000579021

Edited by NOS2006

That interior is lookin' pretty good!

Still, at this point I'd rather build my own "C.A.R.S." chassis '69 hardtop.

It would cost me the same and I'd be proud of having built it myself!

>>>"...what's the hazard lights button doing down amongst the hvac controls?"<<

For as often as it's used, down low and being a black button is far preferable to a bright orange button up high in the middle of the dash, where every passenger can gaze at it helplessly.

Actually, I prefer something so singularly utilitarian & infrequent in purpose/usage go back where it belongs, on the steering column, discretely out of general view.

Sorry to say, but that is a single-zone HVAC system. The knob to the left controls fan speeds and the knob to the right controls teh temperature settings. Look at them again, on the left knob you see the white notches denoting fan speeds and on the right you see blue (cold) & red (hot) markings.

And in this picture - http://jalopnik.com/photogallery/09chevyca...spy1/1000599999 - look underneath the hazard lights button and see the CENTRAL LOCKING system. Pretty cool feature if I say so myself. Is this GM's first model to offer central locking???

- look underneath the hazard lights button and see the CENTRAL LOCKING system. Pretty cool feature if I say so myself. Is this GM's first model to offer central locking???

Isn't that on everything today? One button to lock/unlock all the doors? Common...

I think he means just integrated into the ICS. Many cars have them on the driver's and passenger's door armrests.

The driver's door is definitely a better place than on the dash, IMHO... power window and door lock switches on the console are one of the things that I've always found annoying about BMWs and Mercs...

Edited by moltar

I actually like it on the ICS. It's easier to find. Half the time I go to unlock the doors in any of the cars I drive, I've gotta look around on the door panel to find where the unlock button.

Then again, I'm probably borderline retarded.

Cup holders in the center console between the armrest and the shifter are bad news. Anyone that has driven a m6 4th gen knows what I am talking about, they are absolutely useless!

I thought that the air scoop on the hood would be functional? Hopefully it will be on the V8 cars.

• 2 weeks later...
Cup holders in the center console between the armrest and the shifter are bad news. Anyone that has driven a m6 4th gen knows what I am talking about, they are absolutely useless!

I thought that the air scoop on the hood would be functional? Hopefully it will be on the V8 cars.

i hear you... the cupholder in my best friends camaro BLOWS

Who cares! I wish my car, and the new Camaro for that matter, didn't have any cup holders! How are you supposed to drink and shift/drive anyway? The only thing my cup holder is good for is keeping my cell phone in one place...

Who cares! I wish my car, and the new Camaro for that matter, didn't have any cup holders! How are you supposed to drink and shift/drive anyway? The only thing my cup holder is good for is keeping my cell phone in one place...

I am with you here as Cup Holders, GPS and Cell Phones have caused more problems that good.

Whats next an indash microwaves and folding trays.

Can't anyone just drive anymore?

How are you supposed to drink and shift/drive anyway?

Perfect hand-to-eye-to-leg coordination? :smilewide:

I prefer the uncomplicated stuff myself, but buyers expect to be pampered with a bunch of different goodies nowadays.

>>>"...what's the hazard lights button doing down amongst the hvac controls?"<<

For as often as it's used, down low and being a black button is far preferable to a bright orange button up high in the middle of the dash, where every passenger can gaze at it helplessly.

Actually, I prefer something so singularly utilitarian & infrequent in purpose/usage go back where it belongs, on the steering column, discretely out of general view.

The one positive thing about it being on the column is keeping it away from button pushing passengers.

I am with you here as Cup Holders, GPS and Cell Phones have caused more problems that good.

Whats next an indash microwaves and folding trays.

Can't anyone just drive anymore?

If a simple task like those is too much to handle and prevent you from driving well, you shouldnt be driving in the first place. :P

If a simple task like those is too much to handle and prevent you from driving well, you shouldnt be driving in the first place. :P

I will remember that the next time the guy punching his GPS is moving into my lane as I try to drive past him.

I just tired of the folks who can't drive that are doing everything but driving. These are the people that may prevent us from getting old because of their lack of skills and brains.

My life and family are worth more than someones slurppy.

Nice quote I just found:

Am I upset that more pictures leaked?

Yes.

Am I smoking -- or having a heart attack -- or having a stroke?

No.

Interestingly -- (and predictably....) a few more people are warming to the interior - and this is with horrible shots.

This will be a driver's car. It HAS to be. It's a CAMARO!

(do you think John Heinricy and a few others would allow a Camaro to be engineered and designed when it didn't deserve this hallowed nameplate?)

I truly believe -- when the final product hits the streets -- that most -- if not all -- of you will like what has been done.

(and you haven't seen the coolest stuff yet!)

:smilewide: