Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Igor2

FIRST LOOK: Ford's new SONY Audio systems

16 posts in this topic

that's a very handsome setup. I'm not totally a fan of all this integration, but I can't disagree that it looks good.

That's nice... but nowhere as cool as the MKT Concept's iPhone-esque interface.

well yeah - but this is for FORD vehicles - Lincoln is a completely different animal and uses THX - and will move more to entirely touch-scree interface like many other makes.

Igor

It's cool, but if Ford throws the same design into every vehicle it kind of defeats the point. Integration is so nice because it allows for more unique center stacks from car to car. Take a look at Honda's center stacks, no 2 look like.

It does look quite nice though.

It's cool, but if Ford throws the same design into every vehicle it kind of defeats the point. Integration is so nice because it allows for more unique center stacks from car to car. Take a look at Honda's center stacks, no 2 look like.

It does look quite nice though.

well yeah - just like GM - Ford is not ready to design unique face plates for each model - for now they will have have the same poke-through buttons in all (most of) their models with the actual faceplate covering it modified for each interior .... but they will not have unique interiors like Honda or Mazda.

Igor

With the exception of a television that we once owned, ever Sony item that we ever owned had poor quality and performance. Sony of Today is like RCA in the late 70's. The name will probably live on but the company wont.

well yeah - just like GM - Ford is not ready to design unique face plates for each model - for now they will have have the same poke-through buttons in all (most of) their models with the actual faceplate covering it modified for each interior .... but they will not have unique interiors like Honda or Mazda.

Igor

Not quite if you look at the CTS and the Camaro, GM appears to be using unique designs for each model so far.

nice looking. like a mini system at home.

i guess there are no more american made hi-fi systems out there worthy of being in a vehicle. other than bose... but they are known more for speakers though.

even in the pontiac g8 they are using "Blaupunkt".

nice looking. like a mini system at home.

i guess there are no more american made hi-fi systems out there worthy of being in a vehicle. other than bose... but they are known more for speakers though.

even in the pontiac g8 they are using "Blaupunkt".

Blaupunkt is actually quite good, IMO. The GTO has that and it's a pretty good stock system, I think.

Not quite if you look at the CTS and the Camaro, GM appears to be using unique designs for each model so far.

I have no doubt Cadillac will start getting unique models - but Camaro is a one model designed in Australia - not a good exanple - heck the G8 has a unique interior.

If you recall the images of the MCE Lambdas and MCE Aura/Malibu interiors, they all were using a new integrated HVAC/HU console - much better looking than what they have now, abut a pretty standard "brick" (it was not actually rectangular) across the models.

Igor

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0