For Those of You Who are a Little Religious..

NOS2006

Could you please send out a prayer to help my grandfather up to God's home? I would really appreciate it.

He's one of the greatest, wisest men I've ever met, and he's everything a grandpa should be. He worked a really hard life since the time he was 16 on the railroad tracks, then the military, then multiple other jobs (including Packard and Chrysler, where he retired after about 25 years). About 8 years ago he had a heart attack and since then has been fairly weak, and just in the last two years he's been having many more heart problems. These last few months he's been incredibly fragile (but still mentally functional), and this last week he's been hallucinating and just gone far downhill. He's even reached the point where he told my grandma he wishes he would just die, and this is coming from a man who has always feared death more than anything else.

Unless something very unexpected happens, this will be the first significant person in my life taken to the next step in this eternal system of God's plan. I'm very strong with most things, and I'm hoping to stay strong through this to help the rest of my family (especially my mom and grandma) through this because I know they won't be able to do it on their own.

So if you could please pray for him to be taken in with open arms, I would appreciate it more than you could imagine. I just want what's good for him, whether that be for him to get better or be taken from us. I'm not selfish, so I don't want to keep him here in pain against his will, so ask God to do what's right for him.

Thank you very much,

Frank

My thoughts and my prayers are with you and your family, Frank.

I lost my grandfather last year and I can tell you we're never ready even when their departure is to be expected (as it was with my grandfather). Remembering the good moments with loved ones that have departed is my coping strategy.

I lost my grandfather last year and I can tell you we're never ready even when their departure is to be expected (as it was with my grandfather). Remembering the good moments with loved ones that have departed is my coping strategy.

That's how I have it in my head. I know it's been expected for awhile, and everybody knows it'll happen soon, but it's just nobody lets it gets to their conscious mind how soon it'll really be. I've been doing the same.. remembering the good moments and knowing that he'll be in a better place. I hate to say it, but I might be more than ready for his time to come, but that may be for the better since I should be able to help everybody else cope. My mom and grandma are hysterical right now, I'm sure.

Also, thanks you two.

Edited by NOS2006

My prayers go out to you and your family Frank. Even though it's been over 10 years since I lost my grandmother, I still miss her. There's so much more I want to talk to her about as an adult.

he's lived his life believing and doing good things. his faith is strong and his legacy is cemented. It is guaranteed he will experience the grace promised to him soon. Prayers for him and your family. His story is very inspiring and your family will be blessed because of it.

it is guaranteed.

Edited by regfootball

I'll you and your family in my prayers.

I'm blessed to have my grandparents on my dad's side still alive... My grandparents on my mom's side were older... so my Grandma MacDonald died in 1979 of a heart attack. My grandpa MacDonald was one of those small town Nova Scotia Presbyterian ministers... A rampant individualist who drove around in a station wagon loaded to the brim with everything he needed because "Preachers don't drive trucks". He was born in 1915 and took ill and was hospitalized about 2 months before I was born. I only met him once when my parents traveled with me to Nova Scotia... He baptized me on his deathbed and died about a month later... I don't remember the man, but at the same time I'm very thankful for what he did for me.

My point is no matter how little time you spend with someone, there's always time to bond with them and make an impression on them, and them on you. You should be proud of the relationship you built with the man and know that there are things you learned from him you can apply to your life so he lives on inside of you.

Frank, I will definitely keep your situation in prayer. Losing grandparents is tough, and watching them deteriorate over such a long time is heartbreaking. I lost the only two that I knew eight years ago - they both died long, drawn-out deaths six months apart - and it still stings. As they grow older the elders in the family end up being the oil that keeps the different sects within the extended family going. I pray that your grandfather, for whatever he is going through, knows that he has a family that loves and cares for him, and may his days between now and the end be as peaceful and painless as possible. I pray for peace and strength for you, your family, and your grandmother as the inevitable occurs. Try to find solace in the fact that, though you'll miss him here, he's going to a place where he feels no pain, and you'll see him again. Take these lyrics, snipped from MercyMe's "Homesick", to heart:"

"In Christ, there are no goodbyes

And in Christ, there is no end

So I'll hold onto Jesus with all that I have

To see you again

To see you again"

Frank,

Thoughts/prayers coming to you and your grandfather.

You have my cell# if you need anything.

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve&pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"The thing I find most amazing in amazing grace is the chance to give it out" ... Brandon Heath ... 'I'm Not Who I Was'

You have my prayers. I just went through this with my Dad in June. You dont wish for recovery but for them to not suffer and to go and meet God as soon as is feasable. It sounds wierd until you are in this position. Then it makes perfect sense.

You and your family are in my prayers as well, NOS.

My grandfather went much the same way, but for all I still miss him, I know we will meet again.

May your moments and memories with your grandfather give you strength and blessings for the rest of your life.

Update on the situation...

Thank you all for your prayers and well wishes, it means a lot. My grandfather is seemingly doing better. I haven't been able to see him since, after I got back from the weekend in Indiana I've had a cold since, so I rather not risk infecting him. However, from what my mom says, he's not hallucinating or feeling real ill anymore.

Thanks again. :)