Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Look! A groundhog! thump thump thump

ocnblu

Ewwwww... at the Toyota dealership, saw a base model new Matrix in gray and a new green Corolla today in my travels. Not an auspicious start, but hey, it can only go up from here I guess.

Has anyone seen anything out of the ordinary yet this month?

Edited by ocnblu

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brand new Impreza STi, all black, very cool, with the wide-spoke wheels as opposed to the multi-spokers, which are ugly, imo. $36,000 MSRP!!! And the guy said it was "the base model". :o

The article in the new Road & Track has one with a price-as-tested at over $39k!! Reading the article, I was surprised how heavy the Sti and Evo have become..they aren't little lightweight AWD toys anymore---the Sti is over 3500lbs, the Evo over 3700...

An old man driving a pristine early 1980's Pontiac Parisienne that was a beautiful jade green color, factory fender skirts; it was gorgeous. I should have chased him down and demanded that he sell it to me!

Surprisingly, I saw an `08 Malibu LT (beige) at work the other day--looks beautiful. I saw also an Enclave (someone apparently bought one--I've seen it in the parking lot for 2 weeks now), and then last night on my way to my date, I saw a red `08 Malibu LT V6--again, absolutely beautiful. Really a stunner.

Saturn saleschick agrees... she set me up with that one, as we were on the test drive, she said "the base model wheel covers look..." she glanced over at me and I put the ball in the basket, "Pep Boys?" I finished. She said "That's good, yes."

Saturn saleschick agrees... she set me up with that one, as we were on the test drive, she said "the base model wheel covers look..." she glanced over at me and I put the ball in the basket, "Pep Boys?" I finished. She said "That's good, yes."

Are those wheel covers the ones that appear on the Saturn website? They look :yuck:

GM should have offered the 5-spoke steel wheels some Astras have over here. This is an Astra Enjoy wheels (16 inch 5-spoke steel wheel with covers):

astra_enjoy_wheel.jpg

Edited by ZL-1

Shoot, Chevy and Pontiac use the "fascia spoke" steel wheel with integral cover as a slightly upscale alternative to a standard full wheel cover, why couldn't Saturn see fit to equip Astra XEs with them? Your photo looks much better than the XE wheel covers we get here.

A pristine 60's Chevy pickup. A very well maintained machine driven by a ol' southern gentleman.

Astra is a stop gap vehicle. They just need it here for 24 months and then they can give us better options with Delta II. I think like Europe they should offer here in two or more bread and butter engine levels.

Can we please have one of these types of threads that is Toyota free?

Corollas and Avensis: Traffic Brigade cars, on TV news :P

Yesterday: Lexus IS300 Sportcross. I didn't know Lexus had ever had any kind of wagon, so I thought someone had taken a Hyundai or something and rebadged it. :P

Test drove a random bunch of vehicles yesterday while car shopping with a friend. During this, I have realized that Suzuki Aerio's have the worst manual gearbox ever made, Hyundai Accent's are world's better, Dealers lie, Dodge Intrepids bore my friend, you shouldn't let someone learn to drive manual while test driving cars, and Chrysler LHS's have awesomely backlit gauges.

Test drove a random bunch of vehicles yesterday while car shopping with a friend. During this, I have realized that Suzuki Aerio's have the worst manual gearbox ever made, Hyundai Accent's are world's better, Dealers lie, Dodge Intrepids bore my friend, you shouldn't let someone learn to drive manual while test driving cars, and Chrysler LHS's have awesomely backlit gauges.

Hah! That's what I wish I had done myself today...great realizations on your part :AH-HA_wink:

What have I seen...well, it wasn't immediate...but a Smart in ever color, trim, model, etc. at the dealer here. Didn't see them all until this past weekend, and it still is a bizarre experience to see such a thing, in Pennsylvania or anywhere US.

Also, never until this past week, but a Black Granite Malibu LS, then a Silverstone LS, followed by a Sandstone (yuck) 2LT V6...there were none, and now I think the effect of the sales explosion is starting to be seen.

haha Oh yeah, they were GPs... :lol:

There's a really clean silver w/ red vinyl top '76 GP around here I see occasionally... I like those mid '70s ones. I haven't seen a '78-80 in years, I've always liked that style..

Edited by moltar