Look! A groundhog! thump thump thump

ocnblu

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A beautiful black on black two-door Tahoe with BARN DOORS; it was the closest I've ever come to carjacking somebody!

That's got to be kind of rare...I have a friend that has one of the last ones badged as a Blazer ('94?). A red 2dr w/ barn doors. Neat truck.

I saw a new Chrysler minivan for the first time today, wasn't quite sure what it was at first--the styling is rather European, big, clean, boxy..very different profile from the Asian minivans.

I saw a clean bright red '67 Camaro RS also, had the headlight doors open, no front bumper, cowl hood, black Z-28 style stripes...

That's got to be kind of rare...I have a friend that has one of the last ones badged as a Blazer ('94?). A red 2dr w/ barn doors. Neat truck.

I saw a new Chrysler minivan for the first time today, wasn't quite sure what it was at first--the styling is rather European, big, clean, boxy..very different profile from the Asian minivans.

I saw a clean bright red '67 Camaro RS also, had the headlight doors open, no front bumper, cowl hood, black Z-28 style stripes...

Correct.

'94 was the last year for the Blazer nameplate.

'74 or '75 Century sedan in Harvest Gold (to match your 70's refrigerator) with saddle vinyl bench interior... in perfect condition, being driven by a little gray-haired lady.

Seriously, somebody should do a photo book on perfectly-preserved old cars owned by little old ladies. I think the oldest such daily driver I remember was a little lady in Maryland with like a '52 Chevy, a black 2 door sedan, seemingly untouched by time except for pitting in the chrome plating. This phenomenon is amazing to me.

'74 or '75 Century sedan in Harvest Gold (to match your 70's refrigerator) with saddle vinyl bench interior... in perfect condition, being driven by a little gray-haired lady.

Seriously, somebody should do a photo book on perfectly-preserved old cars owned by little old ladies. I think the oldest such daily driver I remember was a little lady in Maryland with like a '52 Chevy, a black 2 door sedan, seemingly untouched by time except for pitting in the chrome plating. This phenomenon is amazing to me.

Yeah, it would make a neat coffee table book... when I lived in an apartment, there was a neighbor who drove about a baby-blue 1950 Plymouth 4dr....amazing to see something like driven in the '90s.

Yeah, it would make a neat coffee table book... when I lived in an apartment, there was a neighbor who drove about a baby-blue 1950 Plymouth 4dr....amazing to see something like driven in the '90s.

Agreed. When I was a kid, there was an old lady right around the corner from me that still daily drove a 1966 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight convertible; it must have been the last new car she ever owned. It was maroon with a black top and a black interior. What an amazing car that was; it was the only car us kids never minded stopping a baseball or street hockey game for as it was a treat to watch the old lady maneuver that big dinosaur down the street. There's another old lady in the neighborhood now that still drives a 1971 Pontiac Catalina sedan every day. Not nearly as exciting as that big Oldsmobile was, but still a thousand times cooler than any new vehicle on the road today.

Leaving the movie theater about twenty minutes ago with the girl, we saw a riced out Saturn SL with four dorky high school kids in it t-bone a Scion xB and crease the whole side in from front to back; it was awesome!

Forgot to mention... Checked out the new Toyota Matrix. Not as ugly in person, but the interior is a definite downgrade in quality. It's nearly as bad as current Chrysler interiors. As well, it's not designed all that well either. The seperate digital clock is placed below the climate and audio controls in front of the shifter... but the shifter blocks sight of it. Just a pitiful place to be, overall.

Saw a first-gen Viper GTS on the way home yesterday, same color as my car. This gentleman obviously has impeccable taste.

Speaking of bright yellow, there's a C6 Z06 in that color sitting in front of the local Hummer dealer. And across the highway from it, the local Mazerati/Ferarri/Lamborghini/Bently/Rolls-Royce dealer had a (guess what color) Gallardo Superleggera sitting outside their service bay. :wub:

Looked just like these:

SideView.jpg

10243-2007-Chevrolet-Corvette.jpg

90086655_1.jpg

-RBB

Edited by RBB

Well lucky for you for having nice enough weather and people with money around you to drive those cars at this time of year... :P

The weather was nice - there's an inch of sleet on the ground today. And I have to drive through a richer part of town to get to work - only the Viper was on the road; the other two were on dealer lots:

Corvette

The Superleggera must have been someone's that was in for service, because it's not on the dealer's website. However, check this out!

-RBB

haha I love yellow cars! Thanks for the dedication to me over YJ.. :P:lol:

Funny story. I love yellow cars now, right? Well, when I was little, I apparently hated the color yellow. My mom would always wonder where the yellow crayons were because I'd always hide them or throw them away because I hated the color. I don't remember any of this, but she still finds it a mystery as to why I own a yellow car. haha

haha I love yellow cars! Thanks for the dedication to me over YJ.. :P:lol:

Funny story. I love yellow cars now, right? Well, when I was little, I apparently hated the color yellow. My mom would always wonder where the yellow crayons were because I'd always hide them or throw them away because I hated the color. I don't remember any of this, but she still finds it a mystery as to why I own a yellow car. haha

OK, now, that's a trip. :lol:

At least you can find decent-enough cars in your color... I'd love to see a new hunter green one that wasn't made by Toyota or Honda. :(

The weather was nice - there's an inch of sleet on the ground today. And I have to drive through a richer part of town to get to work - only the Viper was on the road; the other two were on dealer lots:

Corvette

The Superleggera must have been someone's that was in for service, because it's not on the dealer's website. However, check this out!

-RBB

And while I'm poking around on the Bentley website, this is a raging bargain :wub::wub::wub: - as long as you don't mind the stigma of buying used.

I think I'll get a couple.

-RBB

Edited by RBB

Went to the Saturn dealer today (time for another oil change for the Aura) and looked at a brand-new black, five-speed Saturn Astra XR 3-door, optioned out, well, exactly the way I would do it if I was going to buy one. And, God help me, I walked away just plain smitten with it.

Too many of y'all like those yellow cars! It's hard to keep up! :lol:

Oh, you and the NOSman both totally missed the point of my self-imposed edit.

A yellow GTO. C'mon. Look up what the color was called. :smilewide: :AH-HA_wink:

Edited by YellowJacket894

:huh:An '88 Taurus GL sedan in Grandma Tan, all factory stock... except for one of those gigantic, fat, uber-ridiculous w-shaped fiberglass wings, painted in Grandma Tan to match!

hmmm must be in the same family as a guy that works at a local mexican resturant in my town...

picture if you will a 1985 ish buick riviera... tan like yours with a tan vinyl padded roof and a huge aluminum pep boys wing on the back right at the level of the roof... words cant do it justice.

Maybe they're trying to be ironic? :wacko:

More likely oblivious... I never understand the people who try to individualize their mainstream cars and end up making them look stupid..of course, kids did the same thing when I was young...tinted headlight and taillight covers, cheesy ground effects, etc..

More likely oblivious... I never understand the people who try to individualize their mainstream cars and end up making them look stupid..of course, kids did the same thing when I was young...tinted headlight and taillight covers, cheesy ground effects, etc..

Indeed. I always found it funny that when people try to customize their car to make it stand out from every other (insert car here) they just ended up making it look like every other customized car out there, regardless of make or model.

A fantastic shape all-original bright yellow '82 Camaro Berlinetta, lowest of the low, vinyl interior with no options, 6 cylinder, factory hubcaps and all. It's amazing that such a plain Jane car would survive so well after all these years.

:huh:An '88 Taurus GL sedan in Grandma Tan, all factory stock... except for one of those gigantic, fat, uber-ridiculous w-shaped fiberglass wings, painted in Grandma Tan to match!

I share your anxiety... the other day over at the G6 forum, some idiot showed us his car, it was a G6 in base trim, wheel covers, and was in the sandstone colour. He put an aluminium spoiler on it. And to add to the insult, he claims he's putting candy orange decal stripes on it.

How very odd... I never thought I'd see two vehicles from extreme opposite ends of the spectrum in my town, in one day... within 20 minutes of each other... but I saw a grayish-blue R8, AND a red Smart today. :huh: And I realized, they have something in common... swatches of silver running up their midsections. Edited by ocnblu

A couple interesting sights in the commute today--

a late '90s gold Chrysler Sebring convertible w/ basic hubcaps and a totally lame bi-level, curvy 'Fast & The Furious' style boy racer rear wing, painted to match...

a faded terra cotta pink (probably was bright red 38 years ago) 1970 Plymouth Duster...it was rust free but faded, and I'm pretty sure it was a '70 because it had the flat decklid without the strengthening crease that was added later.