Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zulehan

Lincoln MKC Sportcoupe

10 posts in this topic

I think Lincoln is on a roll with its revitalization. The upcoming MKT and MKS will be perfect contenders for its typical market. But they direly need fresh, youthful cars to target a younger upscale demographic, if they hope to rival the premium segment leaders, Lexus and Audi.

Enter the MKC. This sporty liftback coupe, based on the D2C platform is sized and powered to compete with entry coupes such as the Volvo C70 and Infiniti G37, but with a unique utilitarian twist. The current Lincoln design language, as illustrated in the recent MKR and MKT concepts, graces a lean, fastback sportiness with youthful results. A 107 inch wheelbase and 170 inch length results in short overhangs and a perfect size for its class.

offered as the base 3.5 model, in convertable form, or as the 3.5 Turbo, this car could be priced just under its competitors by utilizing the flexible platform that underpins the current Ford Mustang, while being powered by currently offered Lincoln engines.

Lincoln-MKC-35-rear-view.jpg

Lincoln MKC 3.5, rear view

Lincoln-MKC-35-Convertable.jpg

Lincoln MKC 3.5, convertable form

Lincoln-MKC-35-Turbo.jpg

Lincoln MKC 3.5 Turbo

interior view coming soon

Really cool, but make the wheelbase longer....looks to squished.

Really cool, but make the wheelbase longer....looks to squished.

yeah.. alittle. otherwise, pretty damn cool.

Actually I think that's just because I made the wheels on the Turbo way too big. If you consider it's got the dimensions of the Mustang, those must be 24's. :duh: I got carried away. I'll fix that at some point.

The wheels a re a little large but I think the main problem is still the short wheelbase.

Sort of looks like Lincoln's version of the Crossfire. Reminds me of something else, too, but I can't put my finger on it. :P

Lower front fascia is straight from the Aura. Other than that and the wheelbase, it looks damn good!

Sort of looks like Lincoln's version of the Crossfire.

QFT

However, Chrysler only wishes that the Crossfire was this graceful.

Bow wave should stay on both models.

Id almost say to just make it a 2+2 coupe, no hatchback, but with a shorter deck lid than on the d2c mustang so as to improve rear seat headroom.

I love the tail lights and the bow wave front end (looks so much Like a first generation Mark VIII). the only other thing it needs is for that C to change to either a 9 or IX, and its good to go!

Bow wave should stay on both models.

Id almost say to just make it a 2+2 coupe, no hatchback, but with a shorter deck lid than on the d2c mustang so as to improve rear seat headroom.

I love the tail lights and the bow wave front end (looks so much Like a first generation Mark VIII). the only other thing it needs is for that C to change to either a 9 or IX, and its good to go!

I'm glad everyone likes it. But I don't think it's quite time yet to succeed the Mark series. I want that more than anything for Lincoln, but I think the Mark IX needs to wait until a true, full out GT luxury coupe can be made to compete with the CL and 6 Series. I don't have the capacity to design what I wish that would end up being.

Oh and "bow wave"?

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0