HOW 'BOUT THEM GIANTS!!!!

thegriffon

Eli was just phenomenal, as he was the entire postseason. Considering all the flak he's taken since the day he was drafted, I couldn't be happier for him. That game-winning drive was just an absolute masterpiece.

GO BIG BLUE!!!!!

What sux even MORE than having New England loosing the big one after a 18-0 season?

Knowing GM is too pussy-whipped by the safety Nazis to make a hardtop Camaro or CTS-coupe. :(

Sigh... :angry:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT

That game sucked. Brady blew pass after pass. They had it in the bag, then they failed at sacking Manning on the Giant's 4th down, leading to Manning's amazing escape of the entire Pat lineup so he could go for a ridiculous pass that happened to land in Tyree's hands way down the field.

The game was trash all up until the last 5 minutes.

The Patriots may have been undefeated before this game, but the Giants were, by far, the best team in the playoffs, so I wasn't that surprised when the Giants won. I know it wasn't very high-scoring, but I thought the game was incredibly exciting. The Giants defense played one of the best games I've ever seen. Manning may have the MVP trophy, but the real MVPs were the Giants D-Line, IMO.

Edited by Enzora

Chuck Nole (Pittsburgh Steelers) REMAINS the NFL COACH with the MOST _SUPER BOWL_ WINS (4). New England's Bill B still has ... 3.

NEW YORK GIANTS 17

New England Patriots 14

And, some of my favorite commercials...

Budweiser (all of 'em)

Fedex (carrier pidgeons)

careerbuilder.com (some)

cars.com (some)

eTrade.com (baby)

Bridgestone (forest animals screaming)

Coke (the balloon characters chasing the balloon coke bottle with Charlie Brown winning)

BTW, anyone else notice in FOX's spot for the running of the 50th Daytona 500 the name "impala" SS appearing on the car at the end of it? Wonder how much Ch#$r%*et paid for that, considering this 50th Daytona 500 coincides this year with the 50th anniversary of the Impala...?

*pauses*

OK ... racing and baseball seasons right around the corner ... following March Madness, of course!

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve&pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"There's a freeway runnin' through the yard" ... Tom Petty ... 'Free Fallin''

I wanted to see the Pats win just to see history, though I don't really care about either team. On that crazy play by Manning, both Pats players were clearly being held (or pulled from behind, whatever, same thing). The play should have never gone into the books.

Damn, that was a great game!! I normally dislike all NY teams, but I made an exception because I will never ever root for the Patriots. They got too smug and everyone need to lose every once in awhile to get a reality check.

Smugness: Not a good quality.

Beyond that, it was just a great game. Very close and the ending was especially exciting. I'm happy for Eli Mannings and the whole organization.

What sux even MORE than having New England loosing the big one after a 18-0 season?

Knowing GM is too pussy-whipped by the safety Nazis to make a hardtop Camaro or CTS-coupe. :(

Sigh... :angry:

Good God man, give it a rest already. :deadhorse:

Damn, that was a great game!! I normally dislike all NY teams, but I made an exception because I will never ever root for the Patriots. They got too smug and everyone need to lose every once in awhile to get a reality check.

Smugness: Not a good quality.

Beyond that, it was just a great game. Very close and the ending was especially exciting. I'm happy for Eli Mannings and the whole organization.

The Giants have always been, even in their down years, one of the classier sports franchises - from the owner on down. Few sports teams, even the Yankees, can compare to the Giants organization.

I lost a lot of respect for Belichick for not coming back on the field with :01 remaining. Not a good show of sportsmanship at all.

There's never been a more appropriate time to bring up this clip: SHIPOOPI

Way to go New Jersey!

Enjoyed the game...watched it with a group of friends that are mostly Patriots fans, though, so they were disappointed by the result. NE just never seemed to click as a team last night.

Edited by moltar

We had to drive the grandson home (40 miles one way) through a mini-blizzard last night, so we missed most of the game on TV. Although we listened to the game on the radio in the car, we did get home to catch the last 6 minutes, which was all we really needed.

Even though the Bears were blown away by the Colts last year, I think the Mannings are great people and Eli must have received some instruction from his brother this year.

The Pats must have been listening to the media hype about the "Perfect Season" too much. The game is never over until Joe Buck finally shuts up!

As an after thought, the Trailblazer was great to drive in the snow. It's one of the best auto purchases I've ever made.

It must handle so well in the snow because of the strong b-pillar. :AH-HA_wink:

The game is never over until Joe Buck finally shuts up!

And it was great to finally hear him shut up. I hate how he calls MLB games and acts as it they should stop playing and hand Boston the title. He was relatively speechless at the end of the game, and I enjoyed it.

I was really shocked at how much the patriots underperformed.

I'd hate to say it, but that game was more about the Patriots disappointing than it was about the Giants succeeding... Neither team played exceptionally well...

I'd hate to say it, but that game was more about the Patriots disappointing than it was about the Giants succeeding... Neither team played exceptionally well...

Yeah, whatever.

The Giants d-line played exceptionally well. Games are still won and lost in the trenches.

Funny story, I was on the phone with someone in Foxborough tonight (the Bass Pro there is apparently quite near Gilette Stadium) and while making small talk I asked if they had watched the game, failing to remember that I was talking to a New Englander. Needless to say, I was subjected to a combination of tears and vulgarities.

You sound like Gene Wojciechowski after he realized that his 15 reasons the Patriots would win didn't result in the Patriots winning.

Like what was already said, the Giants' front 7 made the Pats' offense look anemic.

So, does that make Eli Manning a Jolly Green Giant, since he got the keys to an Escalade Hybrid? :scratchchin:

LOL, O.B. you're a class clown. This forum would not be the same without you.

this is awesome! my house is less than 5 minutes away from Giants stadium and I grew up as a huge fan of both NY teams... altho i do prefer the Jets i cheer for both unless they play each other... watching that game and seeing a team i hate for mulltiple reasons (Jets rivals, cheating, Bill Belichick, sore losers... the list goes on) get pushed around and abused by a team I've been cheering for all season made me really happy

and that Manning to Tyree play on 3rd and long in the 4th... has got to be one of the top 5 superbowl moments of all time... right up there with The Catch and The Immaculate Reception