Sign in to follow this  
damien

2010 Oldsmobile 88 concept

8 posts in this topic

damien    0

Here's a retro Olds that was the original basis for my Buick Special in the previous post.

If Olds was still around maybe this could work?

2010 Oldsmobile 88:

325hp Aurora V-8, optional superchaged 425hp Aurora V-8

RWD, w/ IRS ( the good kind of IRS)

olds88.jpg

Edited by damien

ocnblu    776
Hey damien, that's pretty cool, even if it does remind me of that one Dodge concept from a few years past. I like how you've integrated old and new styling clues.

I've seen older cars with the A-piller pulled back like that. Helps show off the wraparound windshield. That being said, while I liked his buick concept, this one has too much of an 80's front and a 50's midsection to be a coherent styling excercise.

Personally, like the overall feel, something needs to be done with the front sheet metal to bring it all together.

Chris

balthazar    2,004

Having driven many and owning one car with vertical A-pillars, I can tell you from direct comparison that they offer much greater visibility than a severly-sloped A-pillar. Vertical A-pillars also offer much greater structural strength & safety.

dimitri0917    0

Front looks like a Renault. Rear looks like a Charger. The middle seems a little lost. Find a stylistic look and commit to it. This sketch is a mash-up of too many ideas. Good ideas, but too many different ones.

damien    0

I appreciate the feedback. I did this one in pen so I couldn't go back and change anything but I'll take all these comments into consideration for my next Olds concept

Edited by damien

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this