Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
damien

2010 Oldsmobile 88 concept

8 posts in this topic

Here's a retro Olds that was the original basis for my Buick Special in the previous post.

If Olds was still around maybe this could work?

2010 Oldsmobile 88:

325hp Aurora V-8, optional superchaged 425hp Aurora V-8

RWD, w/ IRS ( the good kind of IRS)

olds88.jpg

Edited by damien

Hey damien, that's pretty cool, even if it does remind me of that one Dodge concept from a few years past. I like how you've integrated old and new styling clues.

pretty cool, ...the A pillar is in the door though..?

I've seen older cars with the A-piller pulled back like that. Helps show off the wraparound windshield. That being said, while I liked his buick concept, this one has too much of an 80's front and a 50's midsection to be a coherent styling excercise.

Personally, like the overall feel, something needs to be done with the front sheet metal to bring it all together.

Chris

This sketch lacks a common theme, as well as having a few proportions off. Otherwise, I do like individual elements of the sketch, like the headlights.

Having driven many and owning one car with vertical A-pillars, I can tell you from direct comparison that they offer much greater visibility than a severly-sloped A-pillar. Vertical A-pillars also offer much greater structural strength & safety.

Front looks like a Renault. Rear looks like a Charger. The middle seems a little lost. Find a stylistic look and commit to it. This sketch is a mash-up of too many ideas. Good ideas, but too many different ones.

I appreciate the feedback. I did this one in pen so I couldn't go back and change anything but I'll take all these comments into consideration for my next Olds concept

Edited by damien

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0