Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Production Challenger SRT-8 Interior Pics

BrewSwillis

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love the gauges, otherwise dark and bland and square. Really, did they think surroundeing the gauges with silver and doing the steering wheel spokes the same way would liven it up? Not as atrocious as many Chrysler interiors, but not something that will seal the deal. Lucky for Chrysler no Challenger buyers are going to need an A++ interior to seal the deal.

NOthing great but who cares? It's an SRT8, what's under the hood is what COUNTS!

not so bad. better than the loserish camaro interior. its an upgrade over the other LX's even though it still has some of the bad parts of them. fortunately, buyers of this sort of car don't get as obsessed as the euro bangers tend to.

How is this better than the Camaro? Seriously, it looks like something that came out in 1999. Plus it could belong to ANY car in Chrysler's lineup.

TED:

Point taken. Not that I LOVE the concept's interior but it's a WHOLE lot less generic.

NOS: U wanna get me going? :rolleyes:

If Mercedes can build a world class sport coupe as a hardtop with EXCELLENT

safety ratings than so can Chevrolet.

The Benz costs $47+ thousand you say? True but a four door sedan E-class

starts at $52K so obviously the cost of making the C-pillar strong enough to

compensate for the missing B, the regulators and such is NEGLIGABLE!!!

Plus the Camaro's lower price will have to do with the lack of standard luxury

items that the Benz must have these days, like a 7-speed auto w/ 2 reverse

gears, leather, navi, real burl walnut trim, 10-way poer seats, and other silly

luxury bull$h! that I do not need nor WANT in my muscle car.

But I guess unless you opt for a luxury car you have to put up with an ugly

& clumbersome B-pillar and glued in glass as if you bought an '85 K-car 2dr.

But don;t forget to remind me that I instigated this argument. <_<

68, can you please STFU with your insane B-pillar rants? NO ONE CARES. Find something meaningful to post...

Read the thread. I posted a quick opinion & NOS was the one who chimed in with the B-pillar.

Wow, almost forgot about the B-Pillar didn't ya?

TED:

Point taken. Not that I LOVE the concept's interior but it's a WHOLE lot less generic.

NOS: U wanna get me going? :rolleyes:

If Mercedes can build a world class sport coupe as a hardtop with EXCELLENT

safety ratings than so can Chevrolet.

The Benz costs $47+ thousand you say? True but a four door sedan E-class

starts at $52K so obviously the cost of making the C-pillar strong enough to

compensate for the missing B, the regulators and such is NEGLIGABLE!!!

Plus the Camaro's lower price will have to do with the lack of standard luxury

items that the Benz must have these days, like a 7-speed auto w/ 2 reverse

gears, leather, navi, real burl walnut trim, 10-way poer seats, and other silly

luxury bull&#036;h&#33; that I do not need nor WANT in my muscle car.

But I guess unless you opt for a luxury car you have to put up with an ugly

& clumbersome B-pillar and glued in glass as if you bought an '85 K-car 2dr.

But don;t forget to remind me that I instigated this argument. <_<

I was actually kidding and not looking for an argument. :smilewide:

:chillpill:

The interior isn't bad, and the overall design is ok, but the details disappointed me. I loved the gauge cluster design of the concept's and the integrated center stack, as well as the horizontal pleats on the seats that were a nice retro touch. The worst offender by far though is the ugly steering wheel. Ford can put a unique wheel in the Mustang and Chevy can do one with the Camaro, surely it couldn't cost that much.

Still, the design is ok overall, some brightwork on the center stack would be nice. Then again, people won't buy this car for the interior...it just would be nice to see the envelope pushed a little.

Edited by Dodgefan

I like the interior enough. I wasn't that in love with the concept's interior. I just wish they could have used a different steering wheel. I also wonder if the R/T version will get silver around the radio and climate controls instead of the carbon fiber. I wonder if that would look better by giving the interior more contrast, and looking more like the concept.....for those that really liked the concept.

However, I don't think the production interior would dissuade anyone from purchasing the car if they were interested in one. It could actually convince people to buy it if they use nice materials.

And for the people that will say it's the same as the Charger.....it actually is quite different. Not so different that you can't tell the cars are related, but if you look close, I don't think it shares any actual interior panel pieces.

Challenger_Int_01m.jpg

int_charger_phtgal_13.jpg

I like the interior enough. I wasn't that in love with the concept's interior. I just wish they could have used a different steering wheel.

Bang on as far as I'm concerned.

The concept interior was gimmicky, not what I like at all.

The production interior (IF this is it) looks MUCH better, but that steering wheel in a Challenger is borderline laughable. It detracts from the interior 10X more than most realize.

CHANGE THE STEERING WHEEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol

I love the SRT interiors of the other LX cars, if the Challenger had a decent wheel I would probably like it too.

:scratchchin:

Yes, but you could have ignored it..

I'm sick of being told I'm stupid for wanting an affordable modern hardtop

... esp. by people who I think nitpick the mosgt trivial crap like the grain

on a dashboard, "quality" of the door panels and other B.S. that I do not

even notice, EVER.

Maybe the whole world has turned into a bunch of pu$$ies.

I wonder if Jay Leno has ever had a problem with the ergonomics of the

seat-back on his '31 Duesenberg SJ? You think he spends hours

contemplating weather the generic "MOMO" style steering wheel in his

'97 McLaren F1 detracts greatly from the fact that the car will cruise

comfortably at 185mph with three people inside & 200 lbs. of luggage?

Or, perhaps... on days he takes out his Porsche 911 turbo he might get

a bit frustrated with the lack of steering wheel controls for his radio.

When cars were CARS the factory gave you the option of a B-pillar or

not, and either way the rear window was NOT glued in. It opend up

at least half way as does my 1959 Buicks'. Also the mouse-fur on the

visors, center console and door panels was of little concern, unless

you had a vagina, in which case you still had better taste in cars than

most of today's MEN.

I'd rather drive a Dodge LeFeme than most of today's "masculine" cars.

It makes me sick to live in an era when guys brag about the "great

shift linkage & trunkspace" in their new Honda Accord. Seems like these

days a FWD, midsize, V6 family sedan is perfectly accepteble for a guy

going through a midlife crisis when he's trading his 4-cylinder FWD one.

If I ever go through a midlife crisis I'll build a hardtop GTO with a 572,

not pretend to take my balls out of my wife's purse by getting my

FWD Camry/Accord in RED metallic instead of the beige.

That's what most of you remind me of... so very willing to compromise

antything & everyhing the safety/green nazis tell you is out of reach.

/annoyed with the 21st century.

I like the interior enough. I wasn't that in love with the concept's interior. I just wish they could have used a different steering wheel. I also wonder if the R/T version will get silver around the radio and climate controls instead of the carbon fiber. I wonder if that would look better by giving the interior more contrast, and looking more like the concept.....for those that really liked the concept.

However, I don't think the production interior would dissuade anyone from purchasing the car if they were interested in one. It could actually convince people to buy it if they use nice materials.

And for the people that will say it's the same as the Charger.....it actually is quite different. Not so different that you can't tell the cars are related, but if you look close, I don't think it shares any actual interior panel pieces.

Looks like very minor trim differences between the Challenger and Charger...the placement of the light switch, HVAC controls, etc is identical...I suspect the internal structure of the dash is the same, with different outer plastic coverings.. but it still looks better than the Avenger/Sebring. Hopefully they will offer some color choices beyond black and gray...

Edited by moltar

FWIW, it looks like they share gauges, but that's not a big deal. I think the Camaro's and Mustang's will be unique though.

I rather be .5% safer than have a hardtop. It really isn't a deal-breaker for me in the least. So call me a big ol' va-jay. In the end, you are what you eat... :smilewide:

:rotflmao:

Edited by NOS2006

I rather be .5% safer than have a hardtop. It really isn't a deal-breaker for me in the least. So call me a big ol' va-jay. In the end, you are what you eat... :smilewide:

:rotflmao:

68 needs to realize it's not 1968, or else he needs to build a time machine and go back there... his constant arguing for something that's never going to happen is just delusional..besides, he doesn't buy new cars, so why all the bluster?

Looks like very minor trim differences between the Challenger and Charger...the placement of the light switch, HVAC controls, etc is identical...I suspect the internal structure of the dash is the same, with different outer plastic coverings.. but it still looks better than the Avenger/Sebring. Hopefully they will offer some color choices beyond black and gray...

It's fairly different. Sure the placement of the controls are the same, as is the placement of the gauges, but the panels are all different and FWIW the HVAC controls are different.

Chrysler should spend a little cash and buy a damn personality for each of their interiors.

Sorry, but the Camaro's interior design flat out owns the Challenger's, and we've only seen the pre-production cars so far. At least you won't find yourself asking, "Wait, am I sure I didn't buy a [insert other Dodge model here] again?" unlike the Camaro, which actually has an interior design language specific to the car and reminds you, "Hey, I'm not just another Chevy coupe."

I'd rather drive a Dodge LeFeme than most of today's "masculine" cars.

It makes me sick to live in an era when guys brag about the "great

shift linkage & trunkspace" in their new Honda Accord. Seems like these

days a FWD, midsize, V6 family sedan is perfectly accepteble for a guy

going through a midlife crisis when he's trading his 4-cylinder FWD one.

If I ever go through a midlife crisis I'll build a hardtop GTO with a 572,

not pretend to take my balls out of my wife's purse by getting my

FWD Camry/Accord in RED metallic instead of the beige.

:yes:

Amen brother!

68, I think the problem is that you're unique in your opinions and strong willed. (That's not a bad thing) It's the same thing I went through back in the day where I alienated myself from 70% of the board. About half will end up accepting you and half of the board will 'try' to make fun of you.

Just stick to your guns man. Your opinion is just that and you are entitled to it just as much as the next poster here.

Wait... I thought this threat said "Challenger" interior pics... This is just a slightly more special Charger interior. Oh wow, they smoothed out the dash, added some shiny silver plastic, and integrated the controls just a tiny bit... How... Exciting. Atleast it matches the totally original exterior.

There's a difference between wanting something and endlessly bashing vehicles that don't fit your hugely unrealistic ideals. If you toned it down and started contributing to the forums like you used to... People wouldn't have such a problem with you. As it is, you just come off as annoying and lacking personality. B-pillar this, FWD that, and modern cars blah blah blah. Is that all there is to you?

Edited by blackviper8891

Thanks FoG.

Moltar (and the rest of the "it's not 1968 anymore..." brigade)

Again I ask, if MB can build modern hardtops without much

(if any) cost added than why can't Chevy?

Going back to my argument I've already proven that a

simillary equiped Mercedes E-class sedan costs JUST as

MUCH as the CLK hardtop which shares it's motor & most

of its mechanicals. Actually the E-sedan is MORE than the

CLK, and the CL class hardtop has been proven to be as

safe, & in some cases SAFER than a comprable 2dr sedan.

Fifteen, no even ten years ago mot of us would have

argued that 400+ horsepower in a Dodge/Chrysler sedan

with RWD, made possible by a hemispherical pushrod V8

(yeah yeah, it's not a REAL HEMI) would never again

happen, or at least not in our lifetime. But guess what?

It has. And most of us were shocked, and maybe someday

when hardtops are in vogue again you'll all be surprised.

Stop compromising and being complacent, you're all acting

like the 21st century is all about sucking it up & being

grateful for anything with RWD and a V8. Aim higher. I say

we can do better. Why NOT dream big.

I remember being told in 2004 on this very forum over &

over again, after bieng told for years elsewhere that I needed

to "get over it" the Camaro was dead and that was that.

Pony cars do not sell, insurance, shrinking coupe market,

practicality, SUVs, blah-blah-blah...

And how WRONG you were.

Maybe lightning will strike twice. :)

This is by far the nastiest interior I've seen for 2009, IMO. There's absolutely no design sense or thought to it; I prefer both the Mustang's and Camaro's to this interior.

I do like the exterior, though, especially in silver.

Edited by empowah

I remember being told in 2004 on this very forum over &

to "get over it" the Camaro was dead and that was that.

The Camaro was at that time and, dare I say, still is dead. It's not alive until it's being produced. To me, it's just as dead today as it was in 2003 because I cannot go into a showroom tomorrow and take one for a test drive. The day it's back on the line being mass produced, it will alive again.

The only place it's alive is in our hearts and a few buildings that you and I can't get into.

Edited by NOS2006

Stop compromising and being complacent, you're all acting like the 21st century is all about sucking it up & being grateful for anything with RWD and a V8. Aim higher. I say we can do better. Why NOT dream big.

:confused0071:

This makes me think of a quote that goes, "You say, 'If I had just a little bit more, I would be very satisfied.' However, you are mistaken. If you aren't content with what you have, you would not be satisfied if it had been doubled," or something to that effect. You can only ask for so much of what you want before you get greedy.

I agree that a modern hardtop coupe would a nice option on a more mainstream, affordable coupe or even a sedan and that it would catch my attention. However, I am not going to get bitter because I cannot buy a hardtop coupe and that one is not going to be built. In fact, I could ultimately care less if a hardtop option isn't offered on a new car. If I want a hardtop, I'll make a trip not more than ten miles down the road and buy a '67 Camaro and restore it (which I actually might buy that '67, if my budget manages to get a little more flexible in the next few months); it wouldn't be new, however, and I would like to have a new car before I head off to college and before CAFE starts it's witch-hunt throughout the auto industry and burns cars like the Camaro at the stake.

The upcoming Camaro is everything I wanted it to be, it meets all of my standards one-hundred percent: it's powerful (even in V6 form), it's affordable, it's very well designed, and it has all of the basic credentials right (manual transmission, rear-wheel drive). I am not compromising here or sucking it up. And I wasn't being greedy when I set those standards down when the Camaro entering production was made official and I decided I would try to own it in some form when it came out, I was rather being quite reasonable. And I'm quite happy knowing all of my standards were met.

Just because everyone else isn't crying, "Make it a hardtop, goddammit!" like a two-ton opera singer during a soprano doesn't mean that they are compromising and sucking it up, Sixty-8.

Edited by YellowJacket894

moltar: >>"besides, he doesn't buy new cars, so why all the bluster? "<<

Did you ever stop to think that 68 doesn't buy new cars BECAUSE there's no hardtop and that's a feature he values?? Hmmm....

>>"B-pillar this, FWD that, and modern cars blah blah blah."<<

manual transmission this, soft-touch lower dash that, NAV, blah blah blah.

>>"I remember being told in 2004 on this very forum over &

to "get over it" the Camaro was dead and that was that."<<

:lol::metal:

1. Manual transmissions were around way before automatics and are still the preferred transmission for most performance vehicles.

2. Not many vehicles have soft-touch lower dash panels.

3. NAV is a great feature that many people use. I imagine whipping out a map can't be very convenient in today's hustle and bustle...

Mock all you want, my post was trying to help the situation while keeping my opinion out of it, not escalating it like you're doing.

Edited by blackviper8891

When or how common the features I mentioned are is irrelevant; the point was that some people will not buy a car without them. It's no different than someone else not buying a car that's not a hardtop bodystyle- it's an individual preference, end of story.

The difference is, one is quite unrealistic in today's market. I don't blame Sixty8 for wanting affordable hardtops... I certainly don't oppose anything he wants. He's just sort of like PCS in that he's over the top in expressing it. I don't think anyone would ever have a problem with him elsewise simply because of his wants.

Sure Sixty8 can seem pretty repetitive and crazy when he complains about the car not having B-pillar...but so what? So many of us here bitch and piss and moan when the plastics in the dash are not soft enough or textured to their liking so it interrupts their ability to practically f@#k the damn thing in comfort.

He wants to buy some GM product that is a hardtop. Is that so much to ask? The Camaro is maybe understandable but there is no reason why the CTS Coupe couldn't have it.

For me it doesn't matter. Hardtops are awesome but I don't mind hidden B-pillars and owning a classic hardtop would satisfy me plenty, but seriously guys, the way some of bitch you about the stupidest things, constantly, you really shouldn't tell him to shut up and expect him and the rest of us to listen to your bitching too. It's a two-way street.

Edited by Dodgefan

Sure Sixty8 can seem pretty repetitive and crazy when he complains about the car not having B-pillar...but so what? So many of us here bitch and piss and moan when the plastics in the dash are not soft enough or textured to their liking so it interrupts their ability to practically f@#k the damn thing in comfort.

He wants to buy some GM product that is a hardtop. Is that so much to ask? The Camaro is maybe understandable but there is no reason why the CTS Coupe couldn't have it.

For me it doesn't matter. Hardtops are awesome but I don't mind hidden B-pillars and owning a classic hardtop would satisfy me plenty, but seriously guys, the way some of bitch about the stupidest things, constantly, you really shouldn't tell him to shut up and expect him and the rest of us to listen to your bitching too. It's a two-way street.

And the "Well said" award goes to...........

*drumroll please*

:AH-HA_wink:

Well, my criticism towards the interior is based on the fact that isn't this car about $40,000? This interior is SO far off if it is.

The Mustang Shelby GT500 has the same problem---$20k car interior with a $40k price tag...they upgrade the performance and price tag, but leave the interior at the entry price point..

Chrysler should spend a little cash and buy a damn personality for each of their interiors.

Sorry, but the Camaro's interior design flat out owns the Challenger's, and we've only seen the pre-production cars so far. At least you won't find yourself asking, "Wait, am I sure I didn't buy a [insert other Dodge model here] again?" unlike the Camaro, which actually has an interior design language specific to the car and reminds you, "Hey, I'm not just another Chevy coupe."

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, you can sit in a new Camaro and look at the steering wheel and say "Hey, is this a 1980's Dodge Omni?" Not "just another Chevy" alright, it's a recycled DAWRDGE!

The Camaro interior is borderline terrible. It is a complete DETRACTOR from the car.

I look back at old musclecars, which these things are SUPPOSED to emulate, and can't help but laugh at some of these posts.

Ooohhh, it's not as plush as a Bentley! Ohhhhh, look at the interior, it's not leather wrapped gas and brake pedals.....

:rolleyes:

My GAWD!

GO DRIVE IN A 1960's MUSCLECAR!!!!!!! SOME OF YOU NEED A DOSE OF REALITY!!!!!!!

Rubber floor mats and upholstered seats were about it as far as "luxury" went.

Maybe stick to your ugly looking useless SUVs and leave the musclecar talk to those who remember what a musclecar was?

:scratchchin:

</rant of rants>

Edited by CMG