Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Production Challenger SRT-8 Interior Pics

BrewSwillis

Thanks FoG.

Moltar (and the rest of the "it's not 1968 anymore..." brigade)

Again I ask, if MB can build modern hardtops without much

(if any) cost added than why can't Chevy?

Well, the MB starts around $50k. Could GM really build a $19k-30k 2dr ht? And it would add weight compared to the Camaro coupe..the coupe would weight as much as the convertible probably (which lacks the b-pillar).

I think hardtops are great...I've driven vintage ones. But I don't think most car buyers today care...with air conditioning, rarely ever drive with the windows down.

Stop compromising and being complacent, you're all acting

like the 21st century is all about sucking it up & being

grateful for anything with RWD and a V8. Aim higher. I say

we can do better. Why NOT dream big.

Nothing wrong with dreaming, but reality is another thing... in the real world, companies have to compromise... this isn't spare-no-expense Porsche or Mercedes, this is meat-and-potatoes and bean counters GM we are talking about..

Repeating your rant about B-pillars over and over and over and over again isn't going to make it happen..

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I look back at old musclecars, which these things are SUPPOSED to emulate, and can't help but laugh at some of these posts.

Ooohhh, it's not as plush as a Bentley! Ohhhhh, look at the interior, it's not leather wrapped gas and brake pedals.....

:rolleyes:

My GAWD!

GO DRIVE IN A 1960's MUSCLECAR!!!!!!! SOME OF YOU NEED A DOSE OF REALITY!!!!!!!

Rubber floor mats and upholstered seats were about it as far as "luxury" went.

Maybe stick to your ugly looking useless SUVs and leave the musclecar talk to those who remember what a musclecar was?

:scratchchin:

</rant of rants>

Heh-heh..

I've driven a few '60s muscle cars..they tend to be pretty damn basic inside...my '69 Mach 1 has a black vinyl interior, manual seats with fixed seat backs, am radio, manual windows, and a giant, non-adjustable steering wheel. Fast in a straight line, but nothing pleasant inside for the daily commute.

This is 2008..I want a modern muscle car with actual handling, power, and with modern conveniences---10 way heated power seats, iPod jack, 6-disc CD player, power windows, heated power mirrors, automatic headlights, etc...-- all the modern, basic features I'd expect in a $30-40k car...

Edited by moltar

Heh-heh..

I've driven a few '60s muscle cars..they tend to be pretty damn basic inside...my '69 Mach 1 has a black vinyl interior, manual seats with fixed seat backs, am radio, manual windows, and a giant, non-adjustable steering wheel. Fast in a straight line, but nothing pleasant inside for the daily commute.

This is 2008..I want a modern muscle car with actual handling, power, and with modern conveniences---10 way heated power seats, iPod jack, 6-disc CD player, power windows, heated power mirrors, automatic headlights, etc...-- all the modern, basic features I'd expect in a $30-40k car...

LOL

30-40 grand ain't what it used to be.

Neither an all out Challenger OR Camaro will be 30K with top of the line performance and opulent interiors. 40K will get what you want in either car I bet (depending on your tastes of course) but as far as a true "musclecar", these guys are kidding themselves.

I see in the Camaro thread someone thought people were complaining about "MATERIALS" of the Camaro's interior.

LOL

Plush opulent interiors cost money and increase weight. Two things that won't go far in the musclecar wars......

:AH-HA_wink:

Just like the dreaded B pillars, MONEY is the bottom line.

Keyboard car guys can argue all night long every night, but corporate accountants will dictate what's gonna happen down the road. And leather wrapped rear view mirrors won't be high on ANYBODY's list at Chrysler OR GM.

Mock all you want, my post was trying to help the situation while keeping my opinion out of it, not escalating it like you're doing.

There's a difference between wanting something and endlessly bashing vehicles that don't fit your hugely unrealistic ideals. If you toned it down and started contributing to the forums like you used to... People wouldn't have such a problem with you. As it is, you just come off as annoying and lacking personality. B-pillar this, FWD that, and modern cars blah blah blah. Is that all there is to you?

Yeah.

Plush opulent interiors cost money and increase weight. Two things that won't go far in the musclecar wars......

I'm not talking 'plush opulent' interiors...all the features I mentioned are in my $30k Jeep, just basic, modern features...

I'm not talking 'plush opulent' interiors...all the features I mentioned are in my $30k Jeep, just basic, modern features...

But throwing that in a $30,000 Jeep and comparing it to what you expect in a VERY high performance musclecar...? The money was spent on the drivetrain etc in the musclecar, both the Camaro and Challenger are NEW platforms. Cost cost cost?

The interiors shouldn't be "bare bones" like the 60s, but for a NICE interior people are gonna have to PAY for the interior to be upgraded, don't you think? It only makes sense...

WORK TRUCKS nowadays are 30K-40K. Prices are crazy.

Yeah.

Sure, if you take it out of context. Anything posted by me is likely to be my opinion. My comment was based on the automotive substance behind all this. Likely the lesser evil, but that was point, however vague it was. But, yes, by all means, I included my opinion on him while excluding my opinion of the topic at hand. That's what I meant, it just wasn't very clear.

And still, the point behind what I said remains. It's not what Sixty8 says, it's how he says it. You guys are all sitting here defending his wants, but I don't think anyone has a problem with his wants. That, is what I'm trying to say.

But throwing that in a $30,000 Jeep and comparing it to what you expect in a VERY high performance musclecar...? The money was spent on the drivetrain etc in the musclecar, both the Camaro and Challenger are NEW platforms. Cost cost cost?

The interiors shouldn't be "bare bones" like the 60s, but for a NICE interior people are gonna have to PAY for the interior to be upgraded, don't you think? It only makes sense...

WORK TRUCKS nowadays are 30K-40K. Prices are crazy.

True, if my GC were an SRT8 instead of a Laredo, it would be well over 40k...I think what I was saying is the level of equipment and options needs to be appropriate for the price points....

Sure, if you take it out of context. Anything posted by me is likely to be my opinion. My comment was based on the automotive substance behind all this. Likely the lesser evil, but that was point, however vague it was. But, yes, by all means, I included my opinion on him while excluding my opinion of the topic at hand. That's what I meant, it just wasn't very clear.

And still, the point behind what I said remains. It's not what Sixty8 says, it's how he says it. You guys are all sitting here defending his wants, but I don't think anyone has a problem with his wants. That, is what I'm trying to say.

Yes...it's the endless, repetitive harping...no B-pillar--waahh... FWD sucks... BOF.....waah...waaah... it justs get really, really, old. I just wish he would contribute something meaningful and new to the conversations, rather than the same old, same old..

True, if my GC were an SRT8 instead of a Laredo, it would be well over 40k...I think what I was saying is the level of equipment and options needs to be appropriate for the price points....

After watching Barrett-Jackson I'm not sure what price has to do with anything anymore....

I think the Mustang will be less expensive than either the Challenger or the Camaro. It's a proven product and Ford has the musclecar platform down pat as far as the Mustang goes. I can't see the Challenger OR the Camaro matching the Mustang's prices.

I don't find the interior of the Mustang to be opulent, I don't find it to be luxurious. It's a nice "musclecar interior" as far as I'm concerned. Maybe I'm easy to please...?

30 grand isn't a high end car anymore. Even Kias and Hyundais cost more than I ever would have thought.

Bringing down a price is either going to mean less quality, cutting corners, less features, whatever. A balance is going to have to be found, Challenger and Camaro. The lower the cost with the best product that still supplies PROFITS is what is going to work IMO.

Selling features will be what brings people into dealerships to look at the cars, and the Camaro's interior design and the Challenger's STEERING WHEEL will be the stuff people will be rolling their eyes at I'm willing to bet.

Both cars will sell, but how long they have continued sales success is what I wonder, it will be the tale of the tape IMO.

Oh... and there are alot of pics of the Challenger at Autoblog.

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2008-dodge-...-srt8-4/625221/

Some interesting details...unusual that the grille badge reads SRT instead of SRT8 like it does on other SRT models.. the bumpers seem very thick/tall... I like the wheel design compared to the concept. I'd like to see one in white.

Yes...it's the endless, repetitive harping...no B-pillar--waahh... FWD sucks... BOF.....waah...waaah... it justs get really, really, old. I just wish he would contribute something meaningful and new to the conversations, rather than the same old, same old..

Some guys get stuck.

I see all sorts of repetitive irritating stuff, hell I contribute repetitive irritating stuff too!

:lol:

It's tough getting over the top of a hill, and heading towards the next one....

After watching Barrett-Jackson I'm not sure what price has to do with anything anymore....

I think the Mustang will be less expensive than either the Challenger or the Camaro. It's a proven product and Ford has the musclecar platform down pat as far as the Mustang goes. I can't see the Challenger OR the Camaro matching the Mustang's prices.

I don't find the interior of the Mustang to be opulent, I don't find it to be luxurious. It's a nice "musclecar interior" as far as I'm concerned. Maybe I'm easy to please...?

30 grand isn't a high end car anymore. Even Kias and Hyundais cost more than I ever would have thought.

True...30k is entry level, IMHO.... that's the starting point for pretty much any vehicle I'm interested in. Overall, I like the Mustang interior..some of the plastics are hard and cheap feeling, but since the V6 model is sub-20k, that's understandable...(though I'd like to see higher quality materials in the GT and Shelby versions, i.e. price point-appropriate materials).... Overall, though, the equipment/option list on the GT is decent for the price point...

Edited by moltar

Some guys get stuck.

I see all sorts of repetitive irritating stuff, hell I contribute repetitive irritating stuff too!

:lol:

It's tough getting over the top of a hill, and heading towards the next one....

We all do, at times. Some of us seem to know when to move on more than others. :P

Getting back on topic...

I hope they offer it in more colors... That is quite the depressing interior, as is. It's needs a burst of color.

Yes...nothing more depressing than an all flat gray interior, IMHO...I couldn't imagine driving it once, let alone day after day, year after year.. I wonder how the quality of materials are...my big frustration with Chrysler products in recent years is they have had materials in $40k cars that look worse and feel cheaper than a $15k Hyundai interior... they need price point-appropriate interiors!!!!

You keep making statements about this being a $40K car.....but it's also a $25K car. In the $40K version, you are mostly paying for a huge engine, and performance upgrades to the suspension, brakes, rims, tires, transmission, and exhaust. You are not buying a "luxury" vehicle. You are buying a sporty coupe that has a ton of power. There is a reason why they also make the Charger and 300 SRT-8's. If you want them to upgrade the $40K SRT-8's interior to meet your $40K expectations (for some reason you forget about the cost of all the performance enhancements), then your $40K SRT-8 Challenger with a completely different, "special" interior, is now like $46K.

Most people who want a Challenger SRT-8 will not change their minds after seeing the interior. It's a non-issue when you are mostly paying for the 425 HP. There are no 425 HP vehicles that you can buy for $40K, other than another LX vehicle. Shelby Mustang come the closest at $42K.

I don't think the radio surround trim is CF:

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2008-dodge-...-4/625253/full/

Also, those the THE most boring damn door panels to have ever been built.

Oh, and did you note the location of the e-brake?

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog...gersrt8_051.jpg

WTF!

You keep making statements about this being a $40K car.....but it's also a $25K car. In the $40K version, you are mostly paying for a huge engine, and performance upgrades to the suspension, brakes, rims, tires, transmission, and exhaust. You are not buying a "luxury" vehicle. You are buying a sporty coupe that has a ton of power. There is a reason why they also make the Charger and 300 SRT-8's. If you want them to upgrade the $40K SRT-8's interior to meet your $40K expectations (for some reason you forget about the cost of all the performance enhancements), then your $40K SRT-8 Challenger with a completely different, "special" interior, is now like $46K.

A few different-colored trim pieces wouldn't cost $6k. That price is more closely associated with a fully-wrapped leather interior, not a few trim pieces. Leather, design, and manufacturing for that fully-wrapped interior costs quite a bit, changing the color of the trim pieces is much easier and cheaper.

Also, leftlanenews is reporting a 0-60 of 4.9sec, which is about 0.4 - 0.6 sec slower than the heavy ass GT500.

Edited by NOS2006

You keep making statements about this being a $40K car.....but it's also a $25K car.

The problem is that a lot of Chrysler's $25k car interiors look like they came from a $15k car.... they aren't even price point competitive at $25k, let alone $40k.

Getting back on topic...

08challengersrt8_059.jpg

I hope they offer it in more colors... That is quite the depressing interior, as is. It's needs a burst of color.

You know....I like it. It may not be a flashy design, but it seems to fit the exterior design of the car. Challenger was/is a sporty interpretation of a mainstream sedan....so a more sedan-ish type dash fits this car IMHO.

Camaro and Mustang, however, are more overtly sporty musclecars and should have more distinctive interiors. My issue with the Camaro's interior is, in my eyes, it's an ugly combination of interior design cues. Nothing seems to fit the car in my opinion. It's like the interior designers had dreams of a concept-car interior on a Cobalt budget. I'll wait to see a production interior.

Mustang interior is just fine, let down by some nasty details such as the handbrake lever and the auto-trans gear shifter. I especially like the Mustang's interior when combined with one of the upscale interior options that add the silver/aluminum/fake carbon fiber trim in the dash. One new option is a stitched leather-like dash cover (similar to the CTS, etc.) that comes off quite nicely when equipped with the optional leather seats.

WTF!

A few different-colored trim pieces wouldn't cost $6k. That price is more closely associated with a fully-wrapped leather interior, not a few trim pieces. Leather, design, and manufacturing for that fully-wrapped interior costs quite a bit, changing the color of the trim pieces is much easier and cheaper.

Also, leftlanenews is reporting a 0-60 of 4.9sec, which is about 0.4 - 0.6 sec slower than the heavy ass GT500.

First, the person complaining didn't say they just wanted different color panels. They said they wanted a full luxury interior befitting a $40K vehicle, like it was just some regular $40K coupe or something. Again, name a luxury coupe with 425 HP that you can buy for $40K......name any coupe with 425 HP that you can buy for $40K??

You are seriously comparing the 0-60 of first run Challenger to the GT500?? :rolleyes: Why don't you wait till it gets a manual transmission next model year, and while you are at it, you could also wait till the SRT has over 500 HP in it's next iteration (next model year). Then I think you will have a more fair and accurate comparison to the GT500.

You could also say that the more mainstream Challenger R/T with a manual transmission and 380 HP 5.7L is going to totally own the more mainstream Mustang GT with only 300 HP.

Also, a little edit to the price of the 08 Challenger SRT8, per the official press release:

With a U.S. Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $37,995 (including $675 destination), the all-new 2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 arrives in Dodge showrooms this spring.

That's a sticker price of under $38K!!! :omfg::metal:

My issue with the Camaro's interior is, in my eyes, it's an ugly combination of interior design cues. Nothing seems to fit the car in my opinion. It's like the interior designers had dreams of a concept-car interior on a Cobalt budget. I'll wait to see a production interior.

I think the dash gauges laid out to emulate the 69 Camaro's is the FIRST mistake. My brother owned a 69 Camaro, the dash was his biggest complaint, he didn't like it. Toss it in a modern car and it's even WORSE.

I think the Chevy camp should be using their forums for INPUT, in hopes somebody at GM reads a forum or two, cause otherwise that's the interior that the new Camaro will be stuck with.

:(

Th design I'm warming up to but damn, put some color in the interior guys....I bet that would make a world of difference. Steering wheel still sucks though.

Yup, the steering wheel has GOT to go. It will be a sore point for many if that's what it comes out with IMO.

Also, a little edit to the price of the 08 Challenger SRT8, per the official press release:

That's a sticker price of under $38K!!! :omfg::metal:

But in reality, with dealer 'market adjustment', it will probably be north of $50k... :(

First, the person complaining didn't say they just wanted different color panels. They said they wanted a full luxury interior befitting a $40K vehicle, like it was just some regular $40K coupe or something. Again, name a luxury coupe with 425 HP that you can buy for $40K......name any coupe with 425 HP that you can buy for $40K??

And why not...a $40k car should have an interior worthy of a $40k car, not the interior of a $25k car.. horsepower has no relationship to interior quality and content.

425 hp doesn't mean much when it weighs 4100 lbs... I'd like to see a road test comparison between the Challenger and a 335i, for example...

I really want to like the Challenger...I like the styling overall, but if it were my money, for $40-45k or more, I don't think I could justify one over a 335i coupe..the BMW would be way nicer inside to live with day-in day-out and a much more enjoyable drive (better overall performance).

Edited by moltar

The Challenger's interior is not acceptable for a $25k car, either. The Accord and Malibu have better interiors than it and they start at $20k.

Agreed...that was the overriding point I've been making about recent Chrysler interiors...some of them are so dodgy that a $15k Hyundai outshines them. Chrysler needs to upgrade all their interiors across the board, IMHO.

Thanks Balthazar. (And you too Dodgefan) :)

Some of us get it, others don't.

I guess the average person on this forum has yet to ever take a ride in a hardtop,

nevermind DRIVE one. I seem to remember Fly telling me how quickly the idea

won him over when he bought the '76 LeSabre off of me, & a few other members

have also told me that "you just can't understand untill you drive one with the

windows down on a spring/fall/summer day..."

I suppose if I had not owned a few myself I might not get it myself.

One of the coolest moments of my life was driving home in my just-purchased '68

Camaro with all four windows down, looking over to my right and seeing that cool

black doorpanel with chrome trim and an uninterupted window A-pillar-to-C with a

sexy kickup over the rear quarter is an image that was forever burned into my

subconscious. How am I supposed to get excited about a 5th gen Camaro "coupe"

when the every time I go to check my blind spot and turn to the right the interior

will remind me more of a Civic coupe than a Camaro.

One of the tackiest things about modern interiors is that super-thick, ugly plastic

covered B-pillar and the black masking around the rear window where the glass

is glued in. It's cheap and corny. The thickness of the B-pillar on the Cobalt, or

any other typical, modern "sports coupe" (/Richard Simmons) voiceover has a

B-pillar cover that makes the entire unit about as thick around as a small tree.

A 1" in diameter steel cable can hold up several tons of weight and when hit hard

enough will slice a modern "unibody" (Honda-Pepsi-can-construction) car in half

on impact at 50+ MPH but somehow this plastic & sheetmetal tube will make all

the differance in the world? NO.

It's lazy. I saw a rolled over Suburban once and all the A/B/C/D pillars on that

truck did not do a damn thing, the roof was smushed flat like a ten-ton shipping

container was dropped on it at terminal velocity.

As for all you drag-race/SCCA/weekend warrior types?

You too could enjoy a cleaner, more elegant car with a hardtop greenhouse &

extra-reinforced C-pillars AND install a rollcage to supplement the production

car chassis, which is what you should do ANYWAYS!

As sad as it is that the Camaro will be a corny two-door-sedan, the $40K+

Challenger will be even more lame with a big clunky B-pillar.

You wanna talk useless? Here's items in modern cars I think are lame and a

waste of my money as well as GVWR: (plus add repair bills & complication)

- Sunroofs/Moonroofs/skyview roofs (that's safer than a hardtop? a 3.5 foot by 5 foot glass panel above your head?)

- cheesy decklid spoilers, esp. on FWD cars (WTF do you need downforce for on the rear axle?)

- Alteza tail lights in EVERTHING, while some are stylish most are ubber-lame (Ford/Merc comes to mind)

- 22" (oversized) rims.... look pretty cool right? Just wait till you hit ONE nasty pothole, you're out $850 for ONE WHEEL and TIRE!

- Navigation, power windows, 40-speaker sound systems and other stupid non-car guy junk, esp. when it's STANDARD.

- IRS on EVERYTHIG including SUVs. I do NOT want the complication, added cost (before and after purchase) & lack of durrability

That's my $0.02

I'll let you guys get back to your thread about how every car post-2008 should have

a power-glovebox, heated shifter, HDTV screens in every headrest, 9-speed auto

transmission with traction control, hill-assist, seven-channel ABS & most importantly

an interior that looks like a CAD diagram for a Bentley concept car.

Thanks Balthazar. (And you too Dodgefan) :)

Some of us get it, others don't.

I guess the average person on this forum has yet to ever take a ride in a hardtop,

nevermind DRIVE one. I seem to remember Fly telling me how quickly the idea

won him over when he bought the '76 LeSabre off of me, & a few other members

have also told me that "you just can't understand untill you drive one with the

windows down on a spring/fall/summer day..."

I suppose if I had not owned a few myself I might not get it myself.

One of the coolest moments of my life was driving home in my just-purchased '68

Camaro with all four windows down, looking over to my right and seeing that cool

black doorpanel with chrome trim and an uninterupted window A-pillar-to-C with a

sexy kickup over the rear quarter is an image that was forever burned into my

subconscious. How am I supposed to get excited about a 5th gen Camaro "coupe"

when the every time I go to check my blind spot and turn to the right the interior

will remind me more of a Civic coupe than a Camaro.

One of the tackiest things about modern interiors is that super-thick, ugly plastic

covered B-pillar and the black masking around the rear window where the glass

is glued in. It's cheap and corny. The thickness of the B-pillar on the Cobalt, or

any other typical, modern "sports coupe" (/Richard Simmons) voiceover has a

B-pillar cover that makes the entire unit about as thick around as a small tree.

A 1" in diameter steel cable can hold up several tons of weight and when hit hard

enough will slice a modern "unibody" (Honda-Pepsi-can-construction) car in half

on impact at 50+ MPH but somehow this plastic & sheetmetal tube will make all

the differance in the world? NO.

It's lazy. I saw a rolled over Suburban once and all the A/B/C/D pillars on that

truck did not do a damn thing, the roof was smushed flat like a ten-ton shipping

container was dropped on it at terminal velocity.

As for all you drag-race/SCCA/weekend warrior types?

You too could enjoy a cleaner, more elegant car with a hardtop greenhouse &

extra-reinforced C-pillars AND install a rollcage to supplement the production

car chassis, which is what you should do ANYWAYS!

As sad as it is that the Camaro will be a corny two-door-sedan, the $40K+

Challenger will be even more lame with a big clunky B-pillar.

You wanna talk useless? Here's items in modern cars I think are lame and a

waste of my money as well as GVWR: (plus add repair bills & complication)

- Sunroofs/Moonroofs/skyview roofs (that's safer than a hardtop? a 3.5 foot by 5 foot glass panel above your head?)

- cheesy decklid spoilers, esp. on FWD cars (WTF do you need downforce for on the rear axle?)

- Alteza tail lights in EVERTHING, while some are stylish most are ubber-lame (Ford/Merc comes to mind)

- 22" (oversized) rims.... look pretty cool right? Just wait till you hit ONE nasty pothole, you're out $850 for ONE WHEEL and TIRE!

- Navigation, power windows, 40-speaker sound systems and other stupid non-car guy junk, esp. when it's STANDARD.

- IRS on EVERYTHIG including SUVs. I do NOT want the complication, added cost (before and after purchase) & lack of durrability

That's my $0.02

I'll let you guys get back to your thread about how every car post-2008 should have

a power-glovebox, heated shifter, HDTV screens in every headrest, 9-speed auto

transmission with traction control, hill-assist, seven-channel ABS & most importantly

an interior that looks like a CAD diagram for a Bentley concept car.

I do find it funny they can get away with these huge panorama sunroofs and not a hardtop...structural rigidity must take a hit when you put one (or two) of those things in.

I do have to take issue with a few things like Power accessories (after all, that's not exactly new, that `71 Caddy had it), those aren't lame IMO, neither is IRS (I mean it doesn't have to be on everything, but it certainly has advantages when it comes to handling and ride quality).

Also I like a good sound system, nothing wrong with listening to your music through speakers that don't suck

I like Navigations systems...better than having to pull over to bust out a road map There's nothing wrong with a little technology in your car :)

Oh, and I happen to like the small decklid spoiler that was optional on Intrepids, even if they didn't do anything.

And my 4-door may not be a hardtop but I my rear windows go down, they're not fixed :smilewide:

I do have to take issue with a few things like Power accessories (after all, that's not exactly new, that `71 Caddy had it), those aren't lame IMO, neither is IRS (I mean it doesn't have to be on everything, but it certainly has advantages when it comes to handling and ride quality).

Also I like a good sound system, nothing wrong with listening to your music through speakers that don't suck

I like Navigations systems...better than having to pull over to bust out a road map There's nothing wrong with a little technology in your car :)

Same here...I have no fear of technology or modern features...in a daily driver, I like power everything, top-of-the line sound system, etc.. and IRS is certainly a good thing. I was born in 1970, I certainly have no interest in driving like it's 1970.. :)

Edited by moltar

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LAWL????//???!?111//???11???!!!//? :rolleyes:

Yeah, you can sit in a new Camaro and look at the steering wheel and say "Hey, is this a 1980's Dodge Omni?" Not "just another Chevy" alright, it's a recycled DAWRDGE!

Oh, yeah. This Omni interior and the Camaro interior are about as same as it can get, man oh man. It's so clear where the Camaro crew got their design inspiration from, let me tell ya.

edb0_3.JPG

medium_2221528354_986994e0d3_o.jpg

Yeah, it's an Omni (or is it the Challenger's?) interior, all right.

Do yourself a favor, save up a couple of bucks and go buy yourself an educated opinion so you won't look like a moron the next time you open your mouth.

Edited by YellowJacket894

For what it is, the interior is fine. People harp on the Mustang interior, and that vehicle still sells nicely. This interior is functional, of good quality, and is no-nonsense, much like the other LX interiors, and that fits the bill for any modern muscle car in my opinion.

Still, seeing as it's in SRT-8 trim, Chrysler ought to spruce it up a bit more; if it were in V6 or R/T trim, it'd be just perfect. The steering wheel has to really go, though.

Maybe, just maybe, the roof caved in on the suburban because it weighs 3 tons? The Camaro is already going to be 4000lbs. Who is going to buy a 4400lb Camaro? I like hardtops too, but to say a car is crap because it has a B pillar is just crazy. My family has had all kinds of cars from a 63 Impala hardtop to a 67 GTO, 67 Chevelle, and Olds 442, all hardtops.

People do not want stripped down cars. I know I don't. How fun would a hardtop be if you couldn't even reach the other side of the car to put the window down?

LAWL????//???!?111//???11???!!!//? :rolleyes:

Oh, yeah. This Omni interior and the Camaro interior are about as same as it can get, man oh man. It's so clear where the Camaro crew got their design inspiration from, let me tell ya.

edb0_3.JPG

medium_2221528354_986994e0d3_o.jpg

Yeah, it's an Omni (or is it the Challenger's?) interior, all right.

Do yourself a favor, save up a couple of bucks and go buy yourself an educated opinion so you won't look like a moron the next time you open your mouth.

Those two interiors aren't that far off girly!

And why not...a $40k car should have an interior worthy of a $40k car, not the interior of a $25k car.. horsepower has no relationship to interior quality and content.

425 hp doesn't mean much when it weighs 4100 lbs... I'd like to see a road test comparison between the Challenger and a 335i, for example...

I really want to like the Challenger...I like the styling overall, but if it were my money, for $40-45k or more, I don't think I could justify one over a 335i coupe..the BMW would be way nicer inside to live with day-in day-out and a much more enjoyable drive (better overall performance).

Are you seriously comparing the handling, weight, luxury, and price of a sub-compact (as classified by the EPA: Yahoo page) BMW 335i to that of an EPA classified "Intermediate" (I'm assuming between mid-size and full size) Challenger??? :blink: That's just a crazy unrelated comparison! :stupid: That's like comparing apples to basketballs.

The sub-compact luxury 335i weighs 3580 lbs, with a 109" wheelbase and 181" overall length....and only has 300 HP.

The intermediate sporty Challenger weighs 4100 lbs, with a 116" wheelbase and 198" overall length....and has 425 HP.

The sub-compact Beemer also costs $2K more.

A closer Beemer (but still smaller), the 550i sedan (EPA class: Mid-size) weighs 3968 lbs with a 114" wheelbase and 191" overall length....and only has 360 HP. All the while managing to cost more than $20K more.

Please try to keep all comparisons sane in the future. :alcoholic:

P.S. .......and just for your enjoyment, Car & Driver already tested the heavier Charger SRT-8 and the 335i for a "Quickest Sean Shootout". Guess what car took top honors??? You guessed right....the Charger SRT-8. Not only was it quicker than the 700 lb less 335i....it also had a better skidpad or "Roadholding" result. Link: http://www.caranddriver.com/features/14412...arger-srt8.html