Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NOS2006

'09 Edge Sport

15 posts in this topic

edge3kv4.jpg

For the 2009 model year, Ford will begin offering a "Sport" version of its Edge crossover. The Ford Edge Sport offers standard 20- or optional 22-inch wheels, low-profile tires, exterior modifications and interior enhancements.

In addition to the premium wheel choices, the package includes 40-series Pirelli Scorpion Zero tires complete the look and improve handling and performance.

According to Ford, the Edge Sport marks the first time that a 22-inch wheel-and-tire combination has been offered on a crossover from the factory.

Details, like custom Sport badging, polished dual exhaust, and smoked headlamp and taillamp lenses are included.

Contrasting, light gray stitching on the seats helps differentiate the Sport model from the regular Edge. Edge Sport is further distinguished by an etched metal effect on the instrument panel center console.

Available paint colors include Sport Blue, Ebony, Brilliant Silver and Redfire.

For more pictures, please see http://www.leftlanenews.com/ford-edge-sport.html

Cool... that's a clean looking wagon. I'm starting to really like the Edge..

I actually really like this.. I'd buy one if I were in the market, maybe even over an Acadia...

I like the exterior enhancements Ford has made with the "sport" Fusion and Edge, but hopefully when the EcoBoost rolls out they will truly make them "sport" models by offering a higher performance engine. This looks great though.

It certainly looks more aggressive, although its not large enough for me and what I need. I do like how it looks, but cannot get over the fact that the last one I road in squeaked and rattled like a senior citizen belly dancer.

haha Love the simile, KC...

the more i see the edge, the more i like it.. this one looks real slick!

I'm digging those darkened tail lights :yes:

It looks way better than the standard 'ol Edge. I'm not a fan of the regular one, but this one I actually like. The headlights and the tailights ceratinly help with this. The regular ones look a little too ricey for me. I'd consider buying an Edge now with the introduction of this model.

I like, would love to see it in orange. Could use more power for the Sport model, but it looks good.

the big wheels makes the rest of the car seem smaller....like a tall compact 5-door

Looks very sharp. Too bad it's so pudgy..not much "sport" in it. Oh well, it looks the part and to most people that's all that matters.

Edited by Dodgefan

I like everything about the looks - the grille, the headlights, the tails, the body kit, the color, it's all surprisingly sporty. Maybe the wheels could be a bit smaller (perhaps I'll like the 20-inchers better), but overall, it's as cool as the Range Rover Sport Supercharged.

In terms of practicality, though, those wheels kill braking, kill acceleration, kill fuel economy, kill ride quality, kill all-weather capability, kill handling, kill the wallet, and possibly improve grip. The Edge is already known for its long stopping distances.

Edited by empowah

I like everything about the looks - the grille, the headlights, the tails, the body kit, the color, it's all surprisingly sporty. Maybe the wheels could be a bit smaller (perhaps I'll like the 20-inchers better), but overall, it's as cool as the Range Rover Sport Supercharged.

In terms of practicality, though, those wheels kill braking, kill acceleration, kill fuel economy, kill ride quality, kill all-weather capability, kill handling, kill the wallet, and possibly improve grip. The Edge is already known for its long stopping distances.

the brake issues have been corrected according to igor, but the press conveniently has not mentioned that yet. it was an issue not with the hardware, but with tires and something else.

i like the visual of the sport package but i still do not see paddle shifters or other manual shift mode. i do not see bolstered seats. i do not see an al new dash and door panels, or gauges. I do not see added hp.

Edited by regfootball

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0