NOS2006

Europe's '08 Focus Cabriolet

63 posts in this topic

focus3df2.jpg

Ford today revealed the 2008 Focus Coupe-Cabriolet for the European market. On display at the Geneva auto show next month, the new model joins the three-door, four-door, five-door, wagon and ST models that have been recently updated.

As a final addition to the Focus range, the high-performance Ford Focus RS model will be launched in 2009.

The newly designed Coupe-Cabriolet with its retractable hardtop will again be manufactured at Pininfarina's Bairo plant. The italian firm also had a hand in designing the car.

"The new Ford Focus Coupé-Cabriolet is a special blend: We felt that the new very 'kinetic' front end design will perfectly complement the timelessly-elegant, Italian flavoured profile and rear end design," explained Chris Bird, Design Director at Ford of Europe. "The result is a perfect mix of latest level Focus dynamics and the special Coupe-Cabriolet design execution that we had already developed jointly with Pininfarina."

The interior also received a new look, plus higher quality finishes and hard-wearing materials. Perhaps the most noticeable visual change for the driver is the new "binocular-style" instrument cluster with instruments components illuminated in red.

A range of Duratec gas and Duratorq diesel engines are available with the car. These include a 1.6-litre gasoline engine producing 100 horsepower and a more powerful 2.0-liter gas motor delivering 145 horsepower. On the diesel front, a 2.0-liter TDCi engine churns out 136 horses.

For more pictures, please see http://www.leftlanenews.com/focus-coupe-cabriolet.html

I'm jealous that we don't get this car. I'd love to see this everyday instead of the $h!box we were given.

Pretty slick little package...that would be a nice competitor for the Eos here..

I'm not sure what the torque is on that 2 litre diesel.... but it makes the car feel like it has a 6.

instead of a respectable design with quality, professionalism, and sensible looks for everyone....we get a laughable, low-rent ill-proportioned runt of the litter Focus. sounds like good business sense to me!

instead of a respectable design with quality, professionalism, and sensible looks for everyone....we get a laughable, low-rent ill-proportioned runt of the litter Focus. sounds like good business sense to me!

We DONT need the Euro Focus here! The current one is good enough! </reg>

It's the ford boat tail!!! :duck:

Edited by ZL-1

It doesn't even look like a compact anymore. Visually, it looks like it's up a class, playing with the Sebring and crew.

if it's very close in size to the current one, then no, it's defiantly not Sebring sized.

if it's very close in size to the current one, then no, it's defiantly not Sebring sized.

I worded my post wrong. I don't mean it looks big, I mean it looks like the design belongs among larger, classier cars.

But it has SYNC!!11 SO IT'S GOOD ENOUGH FOR US!!11 WHO NEEDA NICE INTERIOR, NICE LOOKING EXTERIOR, AND WORLD CLASS HANDLING WHEN WE CAN CHANGE T3H CHANNELS WITF ARE MOUFTS INSTEAD OF PRESSING A BUTTON??!?!?!?!????!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????????????!!!1111111111111!!!!!!!!!??

Looks like a drag queen. The current Euro Focus starts at £11,945 base and goes to £27,170.00 for an optioned out convertible, which roughly translates to $23,562.70 to $53,595.54 USD.

Do you know anyone in their right mind in the US that is going to pay those kinds of prices for a fricken Focus?

That would indeed be high priced and unreasonable, but what about the normal sedan and hatchback models? I'm sure you could decontent them to start at a reasonable price and go from there. Option it as much as you want or as little as you want. This way you could have a nice, high quality fun to drive economy car or a premium, fun to drive small car that doesn't penalize you for not getting a massive sedan.

Or make it a Mercury. How f@#king hard is that? Then you can keep the NA Focus for the cheap people, and have the Euro one for those of us who want more. Then you'd actually give Mercury a f@#king purpose, and end the complaints about not having teh car here! How hard is that to understand?

ENd rant.

I don't think it's good to show any photo of the Europe-only Focus to anyone living in the United States, where we have to make due with a warmed over block of &#036;h&#33; on four rolling doughnuts, because it only evokes emotions of anger, rage, and frustration. I know that, right now, I really want to take a tire iron and bash it into the head of any Ford executive I could manage to come into contact with, preferably Mark Fields.

We could have gotten a C1 Focus (a C1 Focus built for North America alone would have been just as nice as the Euro one if it was done correctly), instead of the horrible C170-based monstrosity we have now, and there's no good reason why we don't right now in the first place. Mazda sells the C1-based 3, and it's competitively priced with the other cars in it's segment. So what's your excuse, Ford? Better be thinking up a good one.

Edited by YellowJacket894

I don't think it's good to show any photo of the Europe-only Focus to anyone living in the United States, where we have to make due with a warmed over block of &#036;h&#33; on four rolling doughnuts, because it only evokes emotions of anger, rage, and frustration. I know that, right now, I really want to take a tire iron and bash it into the head of any Ford executive I could manage to come into contact with, preferably Mark Fields.

We could have gotten a C1 Focus (a C1 Focus built for North America alone would have been just as nice as the Euro one if it was done correctly), instead of the horrible C170-based monstrosity we have now, and there's no good reason why we don't right now in the first place. Mazda sells the C1-based 3, and it's competitively priced with the other cars in it's segment. So what's your excuse, Ford? Better be thinking up a good one.

It has STYNC!!1

It has STYNC!!1

OMFG!!!1!!oneoneeleventyoneone11!!1 RU4REALZZZ?????//?/???

Better just forget about the Camaro then, and go straight for a Fockus.

OMFG!!!1!!oneoneeleventyoneone11!!1 RU4REALZZZ?????//?/???

Better just forget about the Camaro then, and go straight for a Fockus.

Dude. You so read my mind. Who needs good looks inside and out with an excellent platform (and RWD,and V6 or V8 engines) when you can have a Focus? With Mircosuck STYNC!!

Dude. You so read my mind. Who needs good looks inside and out with an excellent platform (and RWD,and V6 or V8 engines) when you can have a Focus? With Mircosuck STYNC!!

Oh man, you just so hit the nail right on the head, it's not funny at alllllll.

Imma goawnna buy teh Fockus B4 i goh to kollege and be styluhn!!1!!1!!

Oh man, you just so hit the nail right on the head, it's not funny at alllllll.

Imma goawnna buy teh Fockus B4 i goh to kollege and be styluhn!!1!!1!!

Styluhn like its 1995 yo!!!11

Looks like a drag queen. The current Euro Focus starts at £11,945 base and goes to £27,170.00 for an optioned out convertible, which roughly translates to $23,562.70 to $53,595.54 USD.

Do you know anyone in their right mind in the US that is going to pay those kinds of prices for a fricken Focus?

Well, it's also €15,000 ($24,250 USD in Germany), $171,700 ($15,869 USD in Mexico), and ¥123,800 ($17,221 USD in China). It sorta depends on the country, the VAT, etc, and in some instances, the Global Focus is actually less expensive than the Mazda 3 we get here.

What he said.

I like to think the C1 fiasco is the reason they hired Mulally.

Presence of 3, 5, C30, V50 & S40 only rub salt in the wound.

somebody at Ford had better explain the decision to NOT sell a car that beautiful here in the U.S. to me RIGHT NOW! That is the first Ford I have seen in years that I actually found attractive enough to Focus on. WHY? WHY. WHY!

I bet if they added the fender vents to the car in the photo it would be considered for US Sale.

oh sure, there is probably 3 or 4 on this board who would! assuming they have drivers licenses and have a history of actually making car payments......

this focus is finally one that makes a case for the looks and feature set being a large step above what is available here. but yeah, in the end, not at those prices.

this one has appeal the sedan and hatch do not have. and it looks like they finally made the interior not look cheap too.

and by the way, it would need to have sync here.

but if 44% sales increase with the minimal effort they put into it (since they had no cash to invest in it or redoing hardly any other models) makes the balance sheet work........

What he said.

I like to think the C1 fiasco is the reason they hired Mulally.

Presence of 3, 5, C30, V50 & S40 only rub salt in the wound.

those volvo compacts sell in the hundreds of thousands of copies here, so yeah i totally see your point. just like the really good selling a3.

but if 44% sales increase with the minimal effort they put into it (since they had no cash to invest in it or redoing hardly any other models) makes the balance sheet work........

How sustainable is the 44% sales increase? After a year, Sync will be old news and new competition will set in, and Ford will have to sell on merit again.

They build the global Focus everywhere - Spain, Germany, Russia, China, Taiwan, Philippines, South Africa - and sell at Mazda 3 prices. Is North America really that inflexible?

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor