Traverse pictures - no camo

pow

I like it....ALOT....!

In fact, the Traverse only signifies the massive problem GM has today of "too many divisions, too many models."

This thing makes the Acadia and Outlook pointless in a way. The Acadia is no more luxurious....and the Outlook is no more stylish or appealing......so what's the point of either except to fill GMC and Saturn dealer lots.

To me....GM has two excellent Lambdas.....a Traverse for the low-to-mid end of the segment, and the luxurious Enclave for the higher end.

Nice job Chevy!

it's missing that unmistakable classic Chevy feel, that simple, classy look present from the Tahoe to the Trailblazer. The rear is especially good looking, the interior looks very nice, but it doesn't do anything extra special, other than being nicely differentiated from the other Lamdas. I do wish they had taken a bit more time to make it fit the rest of the line better, as sometimes what's old is new again, and I kinda feel that way about Chevy truck design, it's rugged clean and classic [though it always has been, there's something about staying the same when everybody is moving forward that sometimes works very well]. Anyways, kudos for making it different from the other Lambdas, and the interior actually looks very pleasant.

But its only 11 hp so who cares? Better fuel economy.

I know, but I've become obsessive when it comes to making sure GM products have the least 'faults' (not that you could call 11hp lower a fault on an ample power supply), vs. the competition. But it'd be sweet to gain the 11hp, and end up with better fuel economy as well! We'll see if the numbers change at all when we get the press release.

I'll admit, they've managed to make them all look pretty different from one another. I love this... and it's an awesome Trailblazer replacement (that's what it is, no?)

My order from best to worst Lambdas (and you must realize I LOVE all of them), are:

1st - Enclave

2nd - Acadia

3rd - Traverse

4th - Outlook

Hmmmm... 286hp... wonder if the other Lamdas will get the same DI 3.6L.

To the best of my knowledge, this actually is NOT a DI 3.6L.....but a pumped-up version of the already-pumped-up non-DI 3.6L that's found in the other Lambdas.

I'd assume the 280+ hp rating (I think it's actually 281 stated in the press release) is prolly what all '09 Lambdas will offer.

Makes me wonder if the DI engine will be getting some small power gains too?