Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Intrepidation

Impala Chop

17 posts in this topic

I've been choppin' a lot lately huh? I got bored in class and so I figured I'd try my hand at the Impala, from a 3/4 angle to mix it up a bit. I don't know where it's much of an improvement or not. I tried to play with Zeta proportions, and tweaked the roofline and face to bring it more in line with the Malibu's nose. The hweels are teh sexy ones off of the M6...yeah they're big, but hey, at least my cars have ground clearance! :lol:

So, what do you guys think? Any good? :scratchchin:

Original

Impala_original.jpg

Chop

Impala_Chop.jpg

Edited by Dodgefan

Now what was a simple fix.... Why couldn't GM just have done that! I always thought the front was too bland. those headlights really did the trick.

Edited by damien

My, what big eyes you have. And why muddy Chevy's split grille front end message with 3 grilles, instead of 2? I like the rims.

eh... greenhouse and rear quarters look better... everything else... not so much... nice wheels tho haha

My, what big eyes you have. And why muddy Chevy's split grille front end message with 3 grilles, instead of 2? I like the rims.

I was designing it after teh Malibu, perhaps the lower intake shouldn't have mesh on it then huh?

2008-malibu-1.jpg

I agree I think the headlights may be a tad large, maybe I'll shrink the lower portion some.

Edited by Dodgefan

Rather than trying to build the front end to resemble the Malibu I actually borrowed the Malibu's front end. I also made teh headlights a bit smaller. Thoughts?

Impala_Chop2.jpg

Chop

Impala_Chop.jpg

If you're really going for a previous gen Dodge Stratus look... then yes.

i think the goofy looking high-stance is throwing the whole thing off... i keep looking at it and thinking "this shouldnt look as awkward as it does... but its just too high"

as far as the malibu front end... not that this is a surprise but it looks too much like a malibu now haha... try using the grill from the Middle-East Lumina and play with that a little bit, i think that will look better with the Zeta proportions

Rather than trying to build the front end to resemble the Malibu I actually borrowed the Malibu's front end. I also made teh headlights a bit smaller. Thoughts?

Impala_Chop2.jpg

First chop: A-

Second chop: A+

Good work Dodgefan!

Definitely much better. If anything, might wanna drop it a tad.

Definitely much better. If anything, might wanna drop it a tad.

Drop it.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0