You know you live in the "hood"...

daves87rs

Yeah-Things are getting interesting around here... :unsure:

Suddenly the laughable version of Detroit in Robocop aren't so funny anymore.... :(

Things I've seen today:

1. A push out at Best Buy-which involved rolling over the guy rolling over the employee's arm with the shopping cart who tried to stop it. ( Good news is he wasn't hurt bad-lots of bruises though)

2. A hit and run in a local parking lot....and just pushed that car right into another car and kept going (I can feel for the girls-It happened to the Cobalt a few weeks ago)....

I got the plate though. :yes:

3. A Domestic dispute in which my Cobalt was KICKED several times...And I got to watch the end of it too... :nono:

I wanted to beat the living s**t out of this guy-but seeing that the the girl might be in trouble- I chose to get her out of there...

It turned out to be a good idea-he nearly beat the piss out of someone and was hauled off to jail......

She was a nice girl though.... *sigh* Young love.... at least she learned something.........

The Front bumper is a mess-good thing it was going to the shop tomorrow.....and now I need a headlight too... :(

Poor Balt. :(

Ahh...Michigan....... :banghead:

Sorry guys..I had to vent.....

Hmmm..I used to live on the far west side, though I'm not sure if Ann Arbor qualifies as a Detroit suburb... :)

Well, now that Canton is built up and Superior Twp is building up as faster than Canton did- I think I would agree with you....

There is almost no farm land left between Ypsi and Canton anymore.... :(

Well, now that Canton is built up and Superior Twp is building up as faster than Canton did- I think I would agree with you....

There is almost no farm land left between Ypsi and Canton anymore.... :(

And they say economy of Mi is slowing or slowed down?

I can donate the Cutlass for whenever you feel a beating may occur. It's kickable! :P

Forget the Cutlass, It's a GM product. I nominate my wife's Mazda!

Chris

And they say economy of Mi is slowing or slowed down?

The economy of the whole midwest is slowing way down. In my neighborhood houses were selling at about $200-$235k a couple of years ago. Right now they are going for about 150K, and that 150k will buy a 4 bedroom 2200 sq foot house on a quarter of an acre. Does that tell you anything?

Michigan is worse than Ohio. My cousin lives there and I have several friends who are from Michigan or have family there. Damn shame, as the midwest is a fine place to live.

Dave87rs, are you doing ok, seriously? Sorry to see things are going so much to crap. Back when I was in college.went out a few times with a very nice girl who was from a detroit suburb (forget which one). Her neighborhood was going through the same thing. IIRC her parents finally got the hell out and moved to Arizona or something.

I'm here in Ohio, let me know if you need anything, even if you just want me to drive up with a case of beer and help you polish the 'balt up a little bit.

Chris

The economy of the whole midwest is slowing way down. In my neighborhood houses were selling at about $200-$235k a couple of years ago. Right now they are going for about 150K, and that 150k will buy a 4 bedroom 2200 sq foot house on a quarter of an acre. Does that tell you anything?

Chris

Wow..that's cheap..to get something equivalent to that here in the Denver area is easily $400k or more. I moved out of the midwest over a decade ago, but lately have thought about moving back before June '10, primarily to be closer to family in Ohio... I've been looking at the Columbus or Pittsburgh areas, trying to get a feel for how the software job market is in those metro areas...

Michigan is worse than Ohio. My cousin lives there and I have several friends who are from Michigan or have family there. Damn shame, as the midwest is a fine place to live.

Dave87rs, are you doing ok, seriously? Sorry to see things are going so much to crap. Back when I was in college.went out a few times with a very nice girl who was from a detroit suburb (forget which one). Her neighborhood was going through the same thing. IIRC her parents finally got the hell out and moved to Arizona or something.

I'm here in Ohio, let me know if you need anything, even if you just want me to drive up with a case of beer and help you polish the 'balt up a little bit.

Chris

I might have to take you up on that offer.... :thumbsup::)