regfootball

09 ACURA RL

436 posts in this topic

A chop I did. Changed grill and head lights.

rl-chop2.jpg

Much better, go punch the guy who design it in the nuts and take over. :P

Much better, go punch the guy who design it in the nuts and take over. :P

+1

That is actually a very nice improvement.

While we're at it, do something with that silly bar at the top of the grill. I can't stand it.

Take a look at the interior.... is this a game of "Spot the All New"?

2005 RL

acuraRL_int.jpg

2009 RL

acura-rl-15.jpg

Now now... it has a new gear shift and the needles in the gauges are longer. VERY new. :AH-HA_wink:

more like "all-terrible"

this is just awful! who is RUNNING the show over there? it's like they're trying to fill the Acura brand. It can't survive on TSX/TL sales alone!

point is.... very liberal use of the phrase "All New"

almost Toyota like....

"Liberal" and "mistranslation" are two very different words. :P

And I can spot the shifter / shifter trim plate that are different...

"Liberal" and "mistranslation" are two very different words. :P

And I can spot the shifter / shifter trim plate that are different...

Steering wheel is modified.

Not exactly. It may be standard on all RL's now, but it was an option on the previous RL.

rloptionalsteeringwheel.jpg

I'd say "Oh snap" but siegen's got a better answer..

Not exactly. It may be standard on all RL's now, but it was an option on the previous RL.

rloptionalsteeringwheel.jpg

So they did even less to the car. :lol:

All new my ass.

So they did even less to the car. :lol:

All new my ass.

For a MMC, actually quite a lot has changed.

This looks very close to the old one that nobody bought, just with an uglier grille, so even less people will buy this. It seems all they did was add some wood trim to the inside and put the new grille on and call it a day. That is worse than Buick trying to pass the LaCrosse Super off as something new.

No V8, no success. Can't compete against the Germans with a V6 only car. They at least could have done a diesel or hybrid that got 25 mpg, at least then it would have an advantage over other cars, but this is like a run of the mill average luxury car from 2005 trying to compete in 2009.

This looks very close to the old one that nobody bought, just with an uglier grille, so even less people will buy this. It seems all they did was add some wood trim to the inside and put the new grille on and call it a day. That is worse than Buick trying to pass the LaCrosse Super off as something new.

No V8, no success. Can't compete against the Germans with a V6 only car. They at least could have done a diesel or hybrid that got 25 mpg, at least then it would have an advantage over other cars, but this is like a run of the mill average luxury car from 2005 trying to compete in 2009.

Actually, the Lacrosse Super does have a much larger engine over the lesser versions and is the fastest Buick ever built. Handling is also said to be top notch for a large FWD V8.

Sadly, the Lacrosse Super ends up having more claim to "all new" than this RL.

I wasn't an RL fan to begin with......and this MCE does nothing to make me a fan.......

This car has always been a true product and marketing disaster for Honda......whatever happened to the "Legend?" They should have built upon the reputation that car had originally. The first gen (and maybe the second gen) Legends were truly nice cars....and had a bit of "verve" to them.....

Actually, the Lacrosse Super does have a much larger engine over the lesser versions and is the fastest Buick ever built.

????? Faster than a GNX?

I wasn't an RL fan to begin with......and this MCE does nothing to make me a fan.......

This car has always been a true product and marketing disaster for Honda......whatever happened to the "Legend?" They should have built upon the reputation that car had originally. The first gen (and maybe the second gen) Legends were truly nice cars....and had a bit of "verve" to them.....

Granted, it's still a Legend... outside of North America, that is. Japan's Honda Legend = our Acura RL. Speaking of which, I wonder how the updated Legend will look in Japan.

It seems that Acura's focus shifted away from its flagship sedan to its other products. Shame that only two of those products, the TL and TSX, are worth looking at.

My mother leased a '90 Legend back in the day... one of the best rides I remember from being young. It is a shame to see the way the car has faded into irrelevancy...

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead