• 50 - 74
    • 75 - 89
    • 90 - 99
    • 100 - 109
    • 110 - 124
    • 125 - 150
    • 150 +
    • Don't Know

Mensa is actually 132 and represents the top 2% of IQs.  AFAIC that counts as genius.

[post="31386"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

No.

Mensa qualifications are to attain a score within the upper 2% of any approved intelligence test. Depending on the test administered, the actual IQ number result can vary. Also, some intelligence tests don't quantify using IQ scores at all.

they give you these tests as kids to see if you are mentally retarded. The IQ test wasn't designed for intelligent people. Also, you can't take them over 18 (and have them be accurate) because it is highly related to age. In my Pyschology class Senior year of High school our teacher got all our IQ tests and gave it to us. I was around 125/124 but I can't remember. There was a brainac kid (that boasts about his intelligence) next to me that had above 130 and we took a test MENSA test. It was great because I got them all right, but he missed one. I will never forget that day.

No.

Mensa qualifications are to attain a score within the upper 2% of any approved intelligence test. Depending on the test administered, the actual IQ number result can vary. Also, some intelligence tests don't quantify using IQ scores at all.

[post="31417"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Ummm a standard IQ test has the scores set with a mean of 100, and the top 2% most usually is 132 or higher. Yes, IQ can vary slightly depending on the exact test taken and other environmental factors, but most approved tests are as described.

Now Fly, check out Mensa's website regarding the approved tests. They do this to make sure the tests will all yield the same general ranges of scores. I am not aware if Mensa has approved any non-IQ intelligent tests, but I do know that they do approve many IQ-based ones.

The IQ system is designed so that the average person gets 100.

All the results here are above that so far. So either C+G is full of smarter-than-average people, or liars....  :rolleyes:

[post="31604"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I would say that most people posting on a website like this probably are - though not geniuses - above average in intelligence. This sort of analytical, object oriented type stuff tends to attract smarter folk. ^_^ Edited by Shantanu

Ummm a standard IQ test has the scores set with a mean of 100, and the top 2% most usually is 132 or higher.  Yes, IQ can vary slightly depending on the exact test taken and other environmental factors, but most approved tests are as described.

Now Fly, check out Mensa's website regarding the approved tests.  They do this to make sure the tests will all yield the same general ranges of scores.  I am not aware if Mensa has approved any non-IQ intelligent tests, but I do know that they do approve many IQ-based ones.

[post="31610"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

How do I qualify for Mensa?

Membership in Mensa is open to persons who have attained a score within the upper two percent of the general population on an approved intelligence test that has been properly administered and supervised. There is no other qualification or disqualification for membership eligibility.

The term "IQ score" is widely used but poorly defined. There are a large number of tests with different scales. The result on one test of 132 can be the same as a score 148 on another test. Some intelligence tests don't use IQ scores at all. Mensa has set a percentile as cutoff to avoid this confusion. Candidates for membership in Mensa must achieve a score at or above the 98th percentile (a score that is greater than or equal to 98 percent of the general population taking the test) on a standard test of intelligence.

Generally, there are two ways to prove that you qualify for Mensa: either take the Mensa test, or submit a qualifying test score from another test. There are a large number of intelligence tests that are "approved". More information on whether a test you have taken is approved, as well as information on the procedure for taking the Mensa test, can be obtained from the nearest Mensa office. There are no on-line tests that can be used for admission to Mensa. Feel free to contact Mensa for specific details about eligibility.

Mensa has no other eligibility requirements other than IQ testing. However, many tests are not valid for people under the age of 16. You should contact the nearest Mensa office for more information.

I would say that most people posting on a website like this probably are - though not geniuses - above average in intelligence.  This sort of analytical, object oriented type stuff tends to attract smarter folk. ^_^

[post="31620"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

what... has this board's subject matter got to do with anything object oriented?

well, the board software is written in PHP, which supports object-oriented programming. Other than that, I'm not sure.

dont akus pepl on c@g by bng liers abut ther intlgens. i scorde 154 on manse test.

unless it's PHP5, i scoff at that remark.

[post="31633"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

LOL, ah you nerds always relate stuff back to computers. :lol:

Actually what I was saying is that since people here obviously have some interest in cars (an object), it means that they have some capacity to be object oriented. That's not a trait that you see in people who have lower than average IQ's, at least not to the extent that they would become so interested in it that they would find a computer to go post about it on the internet.

Emode: 133 but I suck at math.

No.

[post="31417"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Exactly. The minimum test marks to get into Mensa are:

* Cattell III B - 148
* Cattell Culture Fair - 132
* Ravens Advanced Matrices - 135
* Ravens Standard Matrices - 131
* Wechsler Scales - 132

A middle aged adult can only get a maximum IQ of 161 on the Cattell III B test. Most online tests where you can score 150-160 will tend to split their scores into broader groups than the top 2% required by Mensa and few are timed or adjusted for age, which makes it easier to get a perfect score.

they give you these tests as kids to see if you are mentally retarded.  The IQ test wasn't designed for intelligent people.  Also, you can't take them over 18 (and have them be accurate) because it is highly related to age.  In my Pyschology class Senior year of High school our teacher got all our IQ tests and gave it to us.  I was around 125/124 but I can't remember.

There was a brainac kid (that boasts about his intelligence) next to me that had above 130 and we took a test MENSA test.  It was great because I got them all right, but he missed one.  I will never forget that day.

[post="31558"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Flybrian already quoted Mensa to say that many IQ tests are unreliable for people under 16. Furthermore for kids the results can vary widely as they mature. A 160 IQ 5-year old may get 110 at age 12 and 130 at age 16 on the same test. An adult should score more a more consistent result, but even in the same scale it will be effected by fatigue, hunger, diet, medicine and drugs, exercise, hormones, mood and anything else that may effect alertness and concentration (like Satty's incredibly hot blonde). Edited by thegriffon

LOL, ah you nerds always relate stuff back to computers. :lol:

Actually what I was saying is that since people here obviously have some interest in cars (an object), it means that they have some capacity to be object oriented.  That's not a trait that you see in people who have lower than average IQ's, at least not to the extent that they would become so interested in it that they would find a computer to go post about it on the internet.

[post="31685"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

ah, "one track mind."

actually I still can't quite see how obsessing over one particular thing makes somebody more intelligent than someone who doesn't obsess over one particular thing.

in programming, object-oriented refers to a concept wherein the fundamental units of a program are things which have properties about them and specific interactions between them. is that in any way related to what you're talking about, abstractly?

After I took the Super IQ test on Tickle.com:

Mike, your Super IQ score is 105.

Your overall intelligence quotient is the result of a scientifically-tested formula based on how many questions you answered correctly. But it's only part of what we learned about you from your answers on the test. We also determined the way you process information.

The way you think about things makes you a Conceptual Synthesizer. This means you easily grasp underlying concepts when learning something new. You're also able to see complex relationships between ideas that are not always apparent to other people. You're very focused in your approach to life and are not easily distracted.

How did we determine that your thinking style is that of a Conceptual Synthesizer? When we examined your test results further, we analyzed how you scored on 8 dimensions of intelligence: spatial, organizational, abstract reasoning, logical, mechanical, verbal, visual and numerical. The 3 dimensions you scored highest on combine to make you a Conceptual Synthesizer. Only 6 out of 1,000 people have this rare combination of abilities.

I have to pay $9.95 to get the full report and though I'm not a genius based on the results, I'm smart enough not to pay that.

besides, there is another test for how wise a person is.  it's called life!

[post="34926"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Well, with some of the dumb $hit I've done behind the wheel of a car I'd say I'm failing that test. The day I spun out my Camaro into a guardrail in the rain I felt like such a dumb prick. Should have never driven the car that day. :(

Well, with some of the dumb $hit I've done behind the wheel of a car I'd say I'm failing that test. The day I spun out my Camaro into a guardrail in the rain I felt like such a dumb prick. Should have never driven the car that day. :(

[post="35079"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

didja learn something? it's a class, too, y'know!

don't worry, i've run into something without spinning or rain! you learned. don't feel bad, it's pointless.