Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Burns

Spaceship

20 posts in this topic

The perspective is great, but it looks really chunky. IMO, a spaceship should be sleek. Also the vertical fin and stubby side wings make it look like a fish. I would suggest making it a little longer an narrower, make the nose less stubby and more sleek, make the wings more swept back, and do something about the vertical fin. Really good for a first try though!

Space ships have no need to be sleek or aerodynamic in any way, as there's no air resistance that they have to cut through. In fact, it's probably a lot more practical to have a boxy, chunky ship than one that's more aesthetically familiar and pleasing.

Good drawing, Burns, but it's a really cartoony design; maybe something Buzz Lightyear would fly in. Unless that's what you were going for :D

Well yes, spaceships have no need for aerodynamics, it is basically aesthetics. Then again they don't need to be sleek I guess, I suppose it's the cartoony look that makes your ship look off. Still very good though.

>>"I would suggest making it a little longer an narrower, make the nose less stubby and more sleek, make the wings more swept back, and do something about the vertical fin."<<

You're seriously critiquing a spaceship ?!?! ;P

Speaking of space ships, I saw the rerun the other night of the Top Gear episode where they built a space shuttle out of a Reliant Robin. It got me thinking, what contemporary vehicle could pose as a spacecraft... I think an Aztek would make a good basis for a Star Trek shuttlecraft..

Edited by moltar

>>"I would suggest making it a little longer an narrower, make the nose less stubby and more sleek, make the wings more swept back, and do something about the vertical fin."<<

You're seriously critiquing a spaceship ?!?! ;P

I like scifi :P

IMO, a spaceship should be sleek. Also the vertical fin and stubby side wings make it look like a fish. I would suggest making it a little longer an narrower, make the nose less stubby and more sleek, make the wings more swept back, and do something about the vertical fin.

Wow, umm, here's YOUR "spaceship," Dodgefan...

75px-Vibrator.JPG

[/mind in gutter]

75px-Vibrator.JPG

[/mind in gutter]

Your mom has that same one, NOS. She doesn't call it a spaceship, but she does say that when she's on it, she see god.

Your mom has that same one, NOS. She doesn't call it a spaceship, but she does say that when she's on it, she see god.

:blink:

pfffft!

Where are the Hydrogen Bussard collectors? The deflector dish? No phaser arrays? You're also missing warp field coils....

:P

75px-Vibrator.JPG

[/mind in gutter]

So NOS...did you have so much fun with it you can't get it off your mind? :P

This is more like what i was talking about:

Galaxyexplorer77.jpg

So NOS...did you have so much fun with it you can't get it off your mind? :P

:lol: Uhh yeah, something similar to that...

I was actually using it on Satty's mom. Something about DP.. I don't know. She's a kinky bitch. :P

Edited by NOS2006

Sweet. I like it a lot. Looks a tad bit cartoony to me, like out of The Incredibles or something, but that's not necessarily bad.

*NERD ALERT*

I think there's a huge range of what a "spaceship" could look like, depending on the culture it came from, the purpose of the vehicle, the size, etc. Considering we're probably talking about objects which fly through the vacuum of space at speeds beyond that of light, aerodynamics probably don't factor in beyond aesthetics. So really, there could be a wide range of all shapes and sizes. That's what's cool about spaceships.

*END NERD ALERT*

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0