Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

My Last Post On C&G

Well, well, well, where to begin?

I guess the main reason I wanted to post this, is to inform those that PM me though this site, you will no longer get a response from me if you use this site to reach me.

Do I hate C&G you may be asking yourself? The answer is no, I just love GM Europe (GME) more. As this post shows, I have not been banned by the staff here at C&G from posting, but then I never did anything to warrant such a ban in the 1st place. GME and myself have simply come to an agreement that my posting here has served it's purpose, and it's time for GME and myself to move on, we have much work to do, as you can well imagine, which is why I got promoted, and why now, it would not be appropriate for me to post here, or anywhere for that matter. On that point GME and I are in 100% agreement.

Do I now or did I in the past hate anyone on C&G, no not in the least, some of you have become very good friends of mine on here, others were just simply viewed as challenges by me, but I don't hate. It's really not in my nature to hate anyone, I travel around the world for GM, so it would not be wise to have preconceived ideas about people in general.

Some are interested in what I do for GM, the better question would be, what I have done for GM and where I have worked. I started my GM career at the Arlington Assembly plant, in of all places Arlington, TX, see I'm a TexAss boy at heart (Yee Haa). I do believe at that time Arlington was still part of GMAD. Later I worked for C-P-C (Chevrolet, Pontiac, GM Canada), then B-O-C (Buick, Oldsmobile, Cadillac), still later I worked for LAD (Lansing Automotive Division), which was all small cars in GMNA. which is how I got to Wilmington since they were building the Corsica at the time, I reported directly to LAD in Lansing, not Wilmington, so no, I was not tied to production as some have speculated here. My next assignment was to work with Opel and Wilmington plant personnel to help get the Saturn LS off the ground, which was based off the old Opel Vectra at that time. As Opel became more and more involved in Wilmington I became more involved in Opel, since I speak fluent German it was a natural progression. Later that year Saturn decided that they just couldn't live without me since I was scheduled to return to LAD, and made a job offer to me, which I refused and made a counter offer to work for Opel instead and that way, I would still be there for Saturn when needed. My offer was quickly accepted by Opel and Saturn both, which asked LAD to give me to them. A few years later GM decided to bring Saturn into the GM family and used Opel and myself to help in that, which is why you see Saturn as it is today, a fully integrated part of GM, offering Opel Products to North America. In October of 2007 I was promoted out of Opel and into GME and now I just received another promotion two weeks ago. I know to some it must feel like I have always worked for GME, but it's only been since last October. :smilewide:

Anyway, that's the short version of my GM history, for those that wanted to know.

In the near future many things will be changing soon, some if not many you are not going to like, but the rules have changed since CAFE and CO2 regulations that are pending so GM will change because of it and internal politics within GM itself, there is always that aspect too.

In the end, I would suggest you get the vehicles you want now, if you can afford them, because the time frame they will be available will be limited.

I am in the USA, I landed yesterday, my father is very ill again and is in the hospital, so I will be here a few days for that.

If any of you would like to remain in touch with me there are only two ways to do that, either by MSN or Yahoo, I will not respond to PM's here any longer. Just so you know.

My contact ID's.

Yahoo = mdfborger

MSN = [email protected]

In closing, it has been my great pleasure to get to know many of you here, I wish you all well.

Der Bö®gÉr :smilewide:

Interesting history, there - and you're not yet 40.

Take it easy, B. You know where to find me.

My prayers are with you as you tend to your father.

Farewell and good luck. I have always enjoyed the posts you made and the arguments you started. :P

I understand your situation only too well. I was shocked (and flattered?) when my previous District Manager of GM made a point of approaching me at a meeting and telling me that 'they' knew who I was 'Carbiz.' It was a slightly scary feeling that the powers that be in Oshawa had taken the time to figure out who I was. (Of course, it has also given me pause when I post now, too.)

GM is watching. We know that. All the best to you.

All the best to you, and the changing GM :AH-HA_wink:

As CARBIZ found out...due to the watching/monitoring that goes on among the boards (beyond the level people even remotely suspect) and just what can come out in posts, without intention, this isn't unexpected.

From a Delaware person to another (well, at one time...maybe current, etc.), Gut tschüs und viel Glück!...hopefully that's mostly correct...

Wait! Before you go can you tell me where the secret GM warehouse is located under the volcano shaped like Robert Lutz's head where they keep all the GOOD cars and how I can obtain a few? I need to squirrel away a few B-bodies and big block Silverados for my future!

But in all seriousness, your presence here will be missed. Hopefully it won't kill you to drop by and say hi once in a while and perhaps update us all on non-business matters. Take care, bro!

Well PCS,

I'd like to thank you for posting this excellent explanation of the "whys" of your situation. I had imagined that, given the level of responsibility of your GM position, that posting here had to be a point of concern for you. I hope that your time here has "challenged" you enough that perhaps your understanding of GM enthusiasts has deepened a bit. I wish you well on a personal level, and you know how to contact me.

One parting thought: the future need not all be bleak and boring in the way GM complies with the new regulations. :AH-HA_wink:

Take care, my friend. Deep down, I believe it's true when I say that we all like you and love your contributions around here. You're a good guy on both a personal and professional level, and I appreciate all the PMs, posts, and everything else we've shared.

Stick in there, my friend, and do what's best for GM. We're just enthusiasts and many of the times our feelings get in the way of what is best for the company, but then I also feel that we have a very, very small touch to push GM to understand what we want in a vehicle.

So you stay well and take care of your father. I wish him, yourself, the beautiful Mrs. PCS, and the rest of your family the best.

Au revoir. It's goodbye, but not forever. :AH-HA_wink:

Edited by NOS2006

Take care, my friend. Deep down, I believe it's true when I say that we all like you and love your contributions around here. You're a good guy on both a personal and professional level, and I appreciate all the PMs, posts, and everything else we've shared.

Stick in there, my friend, and do what's best for GM. We're just enthusiasts and many of the times our feelings get in the way of what is best for the company, but then I also feel that we have a very, very small touch to push GM to understand what we want in a vehicle.

So you stay well and take care of your father. I wish him, yourself, the beautiful Mrs. PCS, and the rest of your family the best.

Au revoir. It's goodbye, but not forever. :AH-HA_wink:

Why don't you and PCS go carve your initials into a tree? :P

PCS will be sorely missed. He brought an incredible amount of insight into the changing times. He did know how to tweak people, which I found entertaining, but usually he was just the messenger, and people didn't like the message.

So long, PCS.

NOS likes going gay on us. :P

Just to make the real gays want him. Precocious of him.

Ummm.....Josh's "inside info" was pretty much all crap. He isn't missed at all. PCS will be, even if he did raise blood pressure from time to time.

True. I did not take a side when he got battered, but like you said he had another perspective, right or wrong only time will tell. But I could certainly see where he was coming from with Pontiac, and/ or Holden. He had funny way putting it, but I think if he is Texass American enough as he claims to be he will resist the people from other side of the pond to shove us with anything as he knows by now what GM fans are.

Edited by smallchevy

Ah, PCS ... sorry that you are not going to be posting anymore.

Thoughts/prayers for your Dad, of course.

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve&pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"It's different now" ... Conway Twitty ... 'Goodbye Time'

PCS, as others have said, youve started some pretty heated arguments here, but i guess ive come to realize some of what you say is going to happen and in the long run, you are a cool guy. I wish you the best of luck in your future work, your travels and also my best to your father.... i may have to message you on MSN in the future

------Mike

PCS will be sorely missed. He brought an incredible amount of insight into the changing times. He did know how to tweak people, which I found entertaining, but usually he was just the messenger, and people didn't like the message.

So long, PCS.

100% agreed.

Evok, AH-HA, and now PCS - more people with wisdom and knowledge about the industry have left. At least the griffon, ZL-1, and Toyota.vs.GM are still here.

EDIT (I didn't mean my replay to look too harsh to readers):

:lol: thanks for the compliment, ehaase, but I don't work in the industry, I just like cars. Don't give me credit when it is not due. :blush:

Edited by ZL-1

EDIT (I didn't mean my replay to look too harsh to readers):

:lol: thanks for the compliment, ehaase, but I don't work in the industry, I just like cars. Don't give me credit when it is not due. :blush:

And the spy keeps his identity safe one more time. :P

And the spy keeps his identity safe one more time. :P

Well, the 'spy' is Pedro Ribeiro, 31 years old, born in Lisbon (Portugal). The 'spy' works for a French company called Mazars. :P

There's really nothing more to me that I think is worth sharing here. I am just a car fan who loves GM and the brand represented in my avatar.

Edited by ZL-1

Well, the 'spy' is Pedro Ribeiro, 31 years old, born in Lisbon (Portugal). The 'spy' works for a French company called Mazars. :P

There's really nothing more to me that I think is worth sharing here. I am just a car fan who loves GM and the brand represented in my avatar.

Man I was Kidding. You did not have to be that honest.