Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

2008 Chicago Autoshow Photos... Done the GM Way! 2nd UPDATE!

It has become a tradition my GM (car) loving son must have his fix and go to the Chicago Autoshow, and we did this year together. It was the perfect father and son get-away except for the wild and annoying rednecks on the three hour bus ride. We decided not to bother visiting the other side of the show, we stayed in the GM area of the show only. No kidding the photos will clearly reveal that. So hold on here they come!

Edited by gm4life

SWEET!!!

Love the pics, gm4life...thanks for sharing them with us! Cool to see what is there, since I won't be able to get to the CAS this year, unfortunately :(.

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve&pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Those windshield wipers slappin out a tempo" ... Eddie Rabbit ... 'Driving My Life Away'

Do you have more of the GMC Denali XT? How about of any other GMCs? What, no love for GMC?!?! :lol:

Boy, Pontiac is sure whoring out the bright red G5 GT coupe. Ocnblu saw the exact one you posted above at the Baltimore Auto Show, and the same one was on display at the Philly Auto Show. All with the high spoiler and dealer-installed chrome rims. I guess Pontiac wants to move more G5 GT coupes this year, huh?

did you like the G8 interior? was the HHR SS there?

G8 interior was not bad. Perhaps not quite as good as the GTO, but it is cheaper pricewise. Door panels were pretty good except for the very top part which was pretty hard. Build quality on the center console. When you pulled up on the E-Brake in other countries (the fake one in the G8), the whole console sort of pulled up with it. Hopefully that is because they are still pre-production cars. Seats were good, as expected. The room is very spacious, plenty of legroom and ample headroom (I'm 6'). All in all it was a pretty well-done interior considering what you get for the price. Better than the Charger's, for sure. I wasn't blown away, but there was nothing at the show for under $30k that I was blown away by.

The HHR SS was there, but I didn't sit in it... I figure it's like any other HHR inside, looks good though.

Northie and gm4 ... were you at the CAS the same day? Able to meet up?

Sorry I missed you both.

gm4life...keep those pics coming :).

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve&pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"All the places I have yet to go" ... Luce ... 'Good Day'

Sure can do... I will post more later today. Alot now will be same cars new angles. The G8 interior I thought was very good and ALOT of people were looking at it. As for the SS it was there no pics tho and the seats in it were sweet. Honestly I would get a G8 over a CTS.

That Traverse is looking a bit Hyundai/Kia-ish, especially with those taillights. Hmmm...

They also worked in some subtle character lines that dip towards the wheel wells. Very Toyota-ish approach.

They didn't show up very well in the studio shots, so I was eagerly waiting for show floor pics to confirm this.

The best part is the grille, and the way they integrated "the bar". It sweeps across horizontaly , and under the headlights. Its an almost perfect Chevrolet face. :yes:

Oh yeah...maaaan that XT Denali looks sweet!

Did you take any videos at the show gm4life?

I thought the same thing about the Traverse Ted.

Great pics GM4Life. Glad to see alot of interest in the Denali XT. Enjoyed the pics of the G8's as well. They look better in your pics than they do in the GM press pics. Keep the pics coming.

I appreciate the time it took to take and post up the photos.

Really helped give insight..

I happen to agree with your son...the GM lineup is amazing..

The corvette ZR1

The CTS Coupe

The CTS V !

The Malibu!

The pontiac G8

The Enclave

All just beautiful market segment leaders..

Just curious..

What color did the G8 look best in?

Great pics!

A father/son event is special and something you will always remember. So will your son.

My Dad and I started at the Chicago Auto show in 1953. We went together for 12 years until my Uncle Sam needed me for a couple of years. Every once in a while I look at pictures of the nerdy little kid standing next to a 1953 Plymouth convertible it reminds me of what a great guy my Dad was.

My auto show visit was cancelled this year when a nephew slipped on the ice and broke his leg on Monday. Surgery is scheduled for today and there's no time for the show.

Your pictures are great. They give a real life perspective of the cars/trucks as opposed to the posed pictures on most web sites.

Thanks.

No problem guys, those photos are a pain in the a** to post tho JB your right. I am glad to share my son and I had a nice time. Rich and JB you are most welcome! Actually I liked the G8 in Red the best so far. I have peronally seen it in black, gray and red. I liked the red the most myself with red leather interior it would be sweet. A ton of people were looking at it, and ALL different age groups.