Grammy Awards '08

After watching that Drug Addled Amy Winehouse edge out Taylor Swift for best new Artist, which is, I believe, setting a bad example... I saw that Alan Jackson's smooth-flowing song, "A Woman's Love", got edged out by Keith Urban's "Stupid Boy" for best Male Country Performance- Anyone who's heard both songs would surely agree that Alan was robbed....

Did anyone else watch this year or happen to want to weigh in as well?

I got home around 1):15 and listened to it off and on while my girlfriend watched and I worked on homework. I don't like these awards shows much and this further proves it. Most of the music they played was rap (that I heard) and also there was that guy Kanye West who is a douchebag.

She's a cute little 18 year old country singer with quite a few hits this year.. which are all much better than Winehouse's terrible, hypocritical "Rehab" song.

Hmmm..definitely easier on the eyes than the scary Wino... speaking of new artists, I have heard of Cobie Caliat, ...she's a Malibu girl that looks a lot like Jennifer Anniston..

She's a cute little 18 year old country singer with quite a few hits this year.. which are all much better than Winehouse's terrible, hypocritical "Rehab" song.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taylor_Swift

Main.jpg

And NOs has hearts on her.

I was listening to a Central FL radiostation and the guy said that a teenage boy called the station asking them is there any way to take Taylor Swift out on a date at a local MCDONALDS.

And NOs has hearts on her.

I was listening to a Central FL radiostation and the guy said that a teenage boy called the station asking them is there any way to take Taylor Swift out on a date at a local MCDONALDS.

Geeze, she is worth the world's finest meal. Though I couldn't afford that, I could definitely fund taking her out for a nice night (though I'd have to move to SC or FL or something to have optimum weather) for dinner and a walk down the beach, or whatever she wants.. Maybe that's just me. :P

Geeze, she is worth the world's finest meal. Though I couldn't afford that, I could definitely fund taking her out for a nice night (though I'd have to move to SC or FL or something to have optimum weather) for dinner and a walk down the beach, or whatever she wants.. Maybe that's just me. :P

Are you using the Relay of Life for that Fund?

I got home around 1:15 and listened to it off and on while my girlfriend watched and I worked on homework. I don't like these awards shows much and this further proves it. Most of the music they played was rap (that I heard) and also there was that guy Kanye West who is a douchebag.

What makes Kayne a douchebag??? He is one of the few hip-hop artist I respect because he writes and produces all of his own stuff. Plus his lyrics deal with real life issues, not that crap that "fiddy" writes about. I will agree that sometimes he's whiny, but hell other artist win awards which are in no way any better. Alot of the award shows are popularity contest and hardly award REAL talent. IMO I'd feel ripped off too. Furthermore Whiny-druggy-ex-con-dating-House makes me sick. I have ZERO respect for her.

After watching that Drug Addled Amy Winehouse edge out Taylor Swift for best new Artist, which is, I believe, setting a bad example... I saw that Alan Jackson's smooth-flowing song, "A Woman's Love", got edged out by Keith Urban's "Stupid Boy" for best Male Country Performance- Anyone who's heard both songs would surely agree that Alan was robbed....

Did anyone else watch this year or happen to want to weigh in as well?

Uh... Who? It's country... Am I supposed to care? Since they lost Johnny Cash, there hasn't been much worth listening to.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taylor_Swift

Main.jpg

Taylor is the Britney Spears of country. Total lack of talent, not that country ever really required much. :P

I caught some footage tonight on Entertainment tonight... Beyonce looked goregous as usual...Tina Turner looked incredible (I keep forgetting she's 68). Blonde does not work for Nelly Furtado, IMHO.

Since I missed the broadcast, did Springsteen or the Foo Fighters perform? They were the only nominees I was really interested in and saw that they both won some awards..

I spaced on the Grammys..I usually watch it and FF/mute the dull parts, but totally forgot it was last night and watched both movies of Grindhouse instead..

Edited by moltar

Taylor is the Britney Spears of country. Total lack of talent, not that country ever really required much. :P

Whoa, whoa, whoa... Country has some of the most talented singers and gifted voices in the music industry today. Many of the artists have beautiful voices that you don't often find in a rocker, punk rocker, or especially a rapper.

Have you heard any Taylor Swift songs? There's not one that I've heard that I don't care for.

Whoa, whoa, whoa... Country has some of the most talented singers and gifted voices in the music industry today. Many of the artists have beautiful voices that you don't often find in a rocker, punk rocker, or especially a rapper.

Have you heard any Taylor Swift songs? There's not one that I've heard that I don't care for.

I live in rural Pennsylvania... I hear every country song. Between me and my parent's, we are the rare few who take pride in other genres. You know.. ones with talent. Course, you don't even know what punk is, so I can't hold it against you. :P

Edited by blackviper8891

I live in rural Pennsylvania... I hear every country song. Between me and my parent's, we are the rare few who take pride in other genres. You know.. ones with talent. Course, you don't even know what punk is, so I can't hold it against you. :P

I'm not going to tell you that rock, hip hop, punk, or rap doesn't include a lot of talented individuals, but anyone who says that there aren't a lot of talented singer/songwriters in country music is naive.

I'm not going to tell you that rock, hip hop, punk, or rap doesn't include a lot of talented individuals, but anyone who says that there aren't a lot of talented singer/songwriters in country music is naive.

Call me naive, then. It's not devoid of talent, there very well are country artists who do exhibit a good bit of talent. Older country is full of talent, but the majority of the new stuff severely lacks it. The example I used already being Johnny Cash. He was a truly talented country singer/songwriter.

Uh... Who? It's country... Am I supposed to care? Since they lost Johnny Cash, there hasn't been much worth listening to.

No talent? Really? Can you sing country music songs and, more importantly, write them?

Since many singers are inspired my country artists such as Johnny Cash, Patsy Cline, Chris Christofferson, Dolly Parton; I would include these singers and artists part of country music since they are inspired by them, no matter what genre they sing in because they eventually team up with a country artist or singer and later on in their career will probably cut a country music album. Country music is the broadest type of music in the world, and on the radio you will hear some tradition twangy country music following by some blues or rock inspired country. Since I listen to country quite a bit, I've learned that country music is not about sound, its about the type of song that is written. Country music is mostly songs about real life and many people experience on a daily basis. I don't like the sound of the twangy country, or the whiney country, just like I dont like the whiney pop singers nowadays. I do enjoy the sound of the blues inspired and rock inspired country though.

Taylor and Britney could not be further apart. Time will tell to see where Taylor goes, but even if she does get lost in drugs and what not, the country music artists offer each other alot of support, something that does not happen between pop music singers.

Call me naive, then. It's not devoid of talent, there very well are country artists who do exhibit a good bit of talent. Older country is full of talent, but the majority of the new stuff severely lacks it. The example I used already being Johnny Cash. He was a truly talented country singer/songwriter.

Quoted for truth.

Edited by YellowJacket894

No talent? Really? Can you sing country music songs and, more importantly, write them?

Since many singers are inspired my country artists such as Johnny Cash, Patsy Cline, Chris Christofferson, Dolly Parton; I would include these singers and artists part of country music since they are inspired by them, no matter what genre they sing in because they eventually team up with a country artist or singer and later on in their career will probably cut a country music album. Country music is the broadest type of music in the world, and on the radio you will hear some tradition twangy country music following by some blues or rock inspired country. Since I listen to country quite a bit, I've learned that country music is not about sound, its about the type of song that is written. Country music is mostly songs about real life and many people experience on a daily basis. I don't like the sound of the twangy country, or the whiney country, just like I dont like the whiney pop singers nowadays. I do enjoy the sound of the blues inspired and rock inspired country though.

Taylor and Britney could not be further apart. Time will tell to see where Taylor goes, but even if she does get lost in drugs and what not, the country music artists offer each other alot of support, something that does not happen between pop music singers.

See my other post.

And if you must know, I probably could if I really wanted to. "Oh, my heart is broken. Oh, let's get drunk and party. Oh, I'm a redneck, look how trashy I am. Oh, look at that girl, she lights my fire. Oh, honkytonk! Oh, Im an American, damnit, I'll shoot you! Oh, let's pray, lord alrighty, hail Jesus, amen!" Look! I just wrote a country song! Pretty easy. :P

Also, I'm not comparing Taylor and Britney by their personal life.

And if you must know, I probably could if I really wanted to. "Oh, my heart is broken. Oh, let's get drunk and party. Oh, I'm a redneck, look how trashy I am. Oh, look at that girl, she lights my fire. Oh, honkytonk! Oh, Im an American, damnit, I'll shoot you! Oh, let's pray, lord alrighty, hail Jesus, amen!" Look! I just wrote a country song! Pretty easy. :P

:lol:

Country music today is mostly about three things, really: your truck, your dog, and your divorce.

Edited by YellowJacket894