Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Stros and Pale Hose

LosAngeles

Who said the White Sox were favored? I'd probably like to see the Sox win it slightly more, so Chicago can finally get the baseball nut off that's given them blueballs for too long... This one will go at least six just because.....

I'm rooting for the Astros for two reasons: Roger Clemens and Andy Pettite...two guys the Yankees should have never let go.

White Sox of course! The little team that everyone put down, because it had no superstars and a funny little manager that spoke "spanglish". Ozzie is great!

Roger Clemens and Andy Pettite...two guys the Yankees should have never let go.

[post="31569"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Yes and we see what happened to the Yankees the last couple years without them.

I am just glad the Sox are in it. Not a fan but at least it makes the series interesting. Maybe a curse will be lifted 2 years in a row.

it wasn't just him, sox hitting was on tonight, and so was, for the most part, houston. Houston didn't have as great hitting as the Sox have had, which is what saved them tonight, Consistent Konerko and Podsednik both with homers.....also the consistently great defense from Crede, along with some solid base running by others clinched this one. Houston will put up an even bigger fight next time, but we'll be ready. Petitte had his night to shine tonight, and even though he was doing well enough, he was taken out a bit prematurely I felt. Sox stick with thier pitchers, while competitors bail out early.

Fell asleep in the 13th, woke up to find the Sox had won again, a homer in the 14th and an insurance run walked in. It may be a sweep tonight. Then we can get rid of those lousy Fox stooges (Joe buck and company) who are more interested in commercials, replays, interviews with some base coach during the game and not just watching great baseball by both teams.

Buck and McCarver both suck balls.  I fell asleep in the 12th, woke up just long enough to see that the Sox had taken the lead, then crashed.

[post="34508"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Both of them just like to hear themselves talk, especially McCarver. And both of them can't even pretend to want to call the game objectively; it's like having two random fans call the game.

Yeah, they're worse than Jon Miller and Joe Morgan on ESPN. Miller never seems to actually say anything and Morgan tries to bring up the '75 Reds or the fact that he's in the Hall of Fame. Just talk about the game.

Speaking of Morgan, leave it to him to try to suck the fun out of this World Series by making it a racial issue. Edited by Satty

Joe Morgan worries about the face of baseball. Watching the World Series, the Hall of Famer is troubled by what he sees.

His old team, the Houston Astros, is down 3-0 to the Chicago White Sox, but it's not their lineup that concerns Morgan. It's their makeup.

The Astros are the first World Series team in more than a half-century with a roster that doesn't include a single black player.

"Of course I noticed it. How could you not?" Morgan said while the Astros took batting practice before the opener in Chicago. "But they're not the only ones. There are two or three teams that didn't have any African-American players this year."

I'm not going to lie, I didn't notice, in any of the NLDS, NLCS or WS games that I watched, that there were no blacks on the Astros. I'm sure only a handful of people took notice of that. When "2 or 3" teams out of 30 dont have a black player, and all 30 teams have a Latin player, there is really no reason to bring this up.

Both of them just like to hear themselves talk, especially McCarver. And both of them can't even pretend to want to call the game objectively; it's like having two random fans call the game.

...which is why we've actually muted the TV and turned on AM 1000 (Chicago's ESPN 1000, the White Sox home flagship station) and listen to Ed Farmer and John Rooney on the WS broadcast. This is Rooney's last year with the Sox, apparently, as ESPN radio would not renew his contract....

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker
MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/
Models.HO = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/trainroom.html
"How much longer will they be around?" ... Don Williams ... 'Old Coyote Town'

Ah good now baseball is over for a while and the most boring sport ever will stop polluting my TV screen. More time for hockey and FOX can get back to Simpsons reruns. It was pretty funny to see Barbra Bush (or as George Carlin calls her, "The Silver Douche") all dissapointed though. Edited by CD/BP

Nah...the Indians completely choked that last week, and not just to the Sox in that last series. Chicago threw their AAA guys at them in the first game of the final series, and they still could not remove their collective head from their similarly collective ass. And thanks to the Rally Killer B's (Brousard, Boone and Blake), the Tribe blew it...after the way the Indians played those last few games, Chicago deserved it.

I'm not going to lie, I didn't notice, in any of the NLDS, NLCS or WS games that I watched, that there were no blacks on the Astros.  I'm sure only a handful of people took notice of that.  When "2 or 3" teams out of 30 dont have a black player, and all 30 teams have a Latin player, there is really no reason to bring this up.

[post="34777"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

There's plenty of brothers playing....they just aren't Americans, that's all....

It is what it is...Blacks in this country are simply more interested in basketball and football...that's gonna take major work to redirect.

They really have a problem with every other American race too....whites are the only Americans that really play serious baseball...Asians seemingly could give two turds about sports in general, and American Latinos don't place much of a premium on aiming for the pros. I would love to see an American Asian or Latino in the NBA for sure.