Post Your Olds!

• 7 months later...

When I graduated high school 2 years early, my parents surprised me with a new car. They knew I loved Pontiacs, but couldn't make a deal with the local Pontiac dealer on a new 1986 Pontiac Grand Am. So they ordered a new 1986 Olds Calais for about a thousand bucks less than the Grand Am. The Olds dealer was hungry, so he got my parents business.

(car pictured was exactly like mine) - I never took pics when I was a teenager.

olds-calais-1986231.jpg

Edited by Pontiac Custom-S

*grins*

Simply AWESOME, YJ!!!!!

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"I knew she was a jewel in disguise" ... Kathy Mattea ... '455 Rocket'

Thanks, Cort. :)

And, yes, she is a jewel in disguise, although she might have the 350 Rocket and not the 455. :P

Edited by YellowJacket894

Let me show y'all what a real Cutlass looks like.

I really like the patina on that.

*sigh*, I wish I had an Olds to post. So far, I only have Chevys, Pontiacs, a GMC and a Buick. My mother's old '81 Cutlass isn't mine yet and isn't in a condition to post up here.

Maybe I need to start searching eBay. ;-) I see an Olds (and a Caddy) in my future.

Sadly, I don't own an Oldsmobile now.. however these cars were at one point my daily driver

My last car I sold back in June

1999 Olds Alero GL coupe.

99aleroglvg0.jpg

What's pure torture, is that the buyer is some kid that lives 2 blocks from me so I still see it a lot.

This was my first car. I had won from a raffle at my Senior post prom party... yup I got the car for free (it was bone stock then), and what's more funny... I didn't even go to my senior prom :booyah:

1997 Olds Achieva SC

frontei9.jpg

rearfe1.jpg

Unfortunately, this car had a sad end where it was totaled (in front of my house while it was parked!) and I got the Alero as a replacement. :cry:

I really like the patina on that.

Thanks, although it won't be around for long when all of the rust is removed and the car likely gets repainted black.

*sigh*, I wish I had an Olds to post. So far, I only have Chevys, Pontiacs, a GMC and a Buick. My mother's old '81 Cutlass isn't mine yet and isn't in a condition to post up here.

Maybe I need to start searching eBay. ;-) I see an Olds (and a Caddy) in my future.

It does sound like you need an Olds as your next car. :P

I know there will be another Cutlass for me in the near future, hopefully. I love my Cutlass and the 1968 - 1972 Cutlass in general; these cars seem to embody a very decently balanced blend of Pontiac-like athleticism and Buick-like stateliness and for some reason, it really appeals to me. It's a shame that GM doesn't build a car like the Cutlass anymore.

Thanks, Cort. :)

And, yes, she is a jewel in disguise, although she might have the 350 Rocket and not the 455. :P

LOL!

I wondered if you'd catch that quote, YJ ;).

You are welcome, of course.

I don't have an Olds to post either...almost had an '87 Olds Cutlass for a winter beater, but the guy sold it already :(.

*sighs*

Oldsmobiles, eh? Okay, I've had three so far:

cutty1.jpg

-1990 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme: this was my first car. A guy that my father did some work for couldn't quite pay his bill, and gave him this car to settle up with him. I totalled it, fixed it, and three weeks after it was done (painted and everything) it was totalled again when a kid who was high and driving his mother's brand new car without a license cut me off. When his insurance company cut me a check, I bought this:

toronado14.jpg

-1989 Oldsmobile Toronado: it was a disaster, but a cheap disaster, and that's all that mattered at the time. Wouldn't mind having one in nice shape again at some point. Anyways, I cooked the transmission in this one after about three months and sold it to a guy for $500.

DSCN0738.jpg

-1977 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme: bought this on a whim for $230 off a kid that was moving out to Washington state and couldn't take it with him. It had 77,000 original miles on it and was as solid as a rock and ran like a champ. It had a wonderful faded and windswept patina from living out in Idaho for most of its life. I traded it along with a '71 Coupe DeVille to get my '67 Eldorado. I wish like hell I still had this car. It was the best beater I ever had.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

1985 Cutlass Ciera Holiday coupe. A friend of mine made this video about 4 years ago for a video production class in highschool (its filmed the the highschool parking lot), watching it again its pretty bad.

Since this video the cars gotten a good amount of work including a new vinyl roof (and red emblems that arn't faded) and a ton of new trim (like the hood ornament).

Some of the text in the video doesn't make much sense (Olds Road Managment....) he just needed some stuff to put into it so I let him read through the brochure for the car......"Top Level Luxury!"

Edited by Brougham-Holiday

That's a great Toro, Ninety Eight. What became of the yellow one, though?

I was trying my best to save the yellow one. I sold it to this guy in the neighborhood. His mother saw it, and they came by to look at the car. They drove it. They came back the next day bought the car. I sold it at a loss. He fixed whatever was wrong with the car and I have seen it since several times. I had to get my name cleared off the vehicle history with the state. The city did not know it, and I had to submit records and proof I did clear my name and I sold the car.

I got the current one in September 2007. It is from Maine. I had to replace many of the rusted out parts. The car is solid so far.

Edited by NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

• 4 months later...

We've got 2 Oldsmobiles. A 64 442 and 66 Cutlass. I'll post up some pictures of the 442 when I get back later on but lately we've been working on the 66.

Started out as a I6 sunday cruiser before the husband died and the wife sold it to me for $2,000 all original (even came with a spare in the trunk from 1966).

Now:

455cid

Edelbrock Performer RPM Heads & ARP Bolt Kit

Mondello JM 20-22 Cam - 266°/274° .496/.512

Harland Sharp 1.6 Ratio Full Roller Rockers

Trickflow 3/8" Chromemoly Pushrods

Edelbrock Modified Performer Intake

TH350 Transmission

3000 Stall

Finally got this bastard out. Been over a year sitting in the yard, and it started up like new.

2-albums5-picture2296.jpg

Moved it in the garage and ripped the I6 out, and got the new motormounts in, as well as the engine. Ran out of time at this point but it shouldn't be too bad from here on out.

hrrockers.jpg

2-albums5-picture1518.jpg

2-albums5-picture2298.jpg

IMG_0667.jpg

IMG_0670.jpg

2-albums5-picture2299.jpg

The car is ugly right now (original paint that needs some TLC) but it should at least get out of its own way now.

Edited by Rocket 442
  • Agree 1

My 1966 cutlass supreme

Utter automotive lust material for me, my friend.

LOVE that bodystyle Olds. One of the best looking GM styles ever, IMHO.

Chris

• 2 years later...

I've owned 9 Oldsmobiles since 1994.

1975 Cutlass Supreme sedan, blue on blue, 350/350, paid $100 for it, sold for $250

1985 Delta 88 Royale Brougham coupe, gray on maroon, 307/200C, paid $500 for it, traded for $1200 towards a 1993 Dynasty in 1996

1984 Ninety-Eight Regency sedan, blue on blue, 307/200-4R, paid $400 for it, scrapped due to transmission failure

1989 Cutlass Ciera S sedan, white on maroon, 2.5/125C, paid $177.50 for it, scrapped due to oil pump failure

1979 Delta 88 Royale coupe, white on blue, 350/350, paid $450 for it, sold for $500

1979 Delta 88 Royale sedan, green on green, 301/350, paid $500 for it, sold for $700

1990 Cutlass Ciera SL sedan, blue on blue, 3.3/125C, paid $225 for it, scrapped due to frame/cradle damage

1998 Silhouette GLS minivan, gray on gray, 3.4/4T60E, paid $300 for it, still have

1995 Cutlass Ciera SL sedan, white on blue, 3.1/4T60E, inherited from grandmother, picking up end of July 2012

Here's the van and the '95 Ciera:

39404354036_large.jpg

39838554001_large.jpg

I remember us renting a Ciera just like that as a kid... left us stranded in the parking lot of a shopping mall when the alternator packed it in but nonetheless... That's impressively clean when you think about the age.