Sign in to follow this  
Flybrian

What does a lawnmower have over an '06 3er?

It takes me like under 10 minutes to check everything on my car. I don't know anyone that busy.

It takes me like under 10 minutes to check everything on my car. I don't know anyone that busy.

[post="38144"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

But the point is....if you have one of these cars with oil life monitors, etc., you don't need to do ANYTHING.....

NOW....if you like to check the stuff BECAUSE you enjoy it....you're a gearhead/enthusiast, etc., then that's WAY okay.....I understand that....

I also like to hand wash my car myself.....with today's touchless car washes, I probably waste time and effort doing it....but I enjoy it...so I see your point.

I'm just saying that if you are not into doing that stuff as an enthusiast, there's no point or reason to doing it. That's all....

I think you're missing the point, though. The idea is that the sensors are still prone to failure--no matter how advanced they are now. They CAN fail. The only absolutely surefire way to know something like when to check the oil is to check for yourself. As was said before, it would be best to have the redundancy of a dipstick and monitor.

I think you're missing the point, though. The idea is that the sensors are still prone to failure--no matter how advanced they are now. They CAN fail. The only absolutely surefire way to know something like when to check the oil is to check for yourself. As was said before, it would be best to have the redundancy of a dipstick and  monitor.

[post="38273"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Short of sending a sample to a lab, how do you check the oil without sensors anyway? In my experience, Mobil 1 synthetic turns dark in no time at all. Edited by empowah

Holy crap I just lost a lot of respect for BMW.... this is retarded. :huh: Sounds like an April Fools Joke.

I admit to not checking things as often as I should but I do try to at least every 2 weeks check the fluids on the Equinox. And I never wait for the oil life thing to tell me to change my oil. I change it every 2500 miles wheather it needs it or not. Edited by 2005 EquinoxLS