The 2007 Buick LaCrosse Super?

Guest Josh

Earlier in the year C&G uncovered images of a yet to be seen Buick model that we were unsure of its origin. However with the latest news on a new "Super" line of Buicks set to be released the obvious became clear. We've found the new face of the LaCrosse.

We expect this FWD, V8 LaCrosse to debut late in '07 with the entire line-up featuring this new grille and facia look in '08.

Posted Image

When referring to this story please do NOT copy & paste the information instead LINK TO this story!

Very Special Thanks to CSpec for the information provided above!

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have any opinions of it so far, because it all depends on how well it matches the car. What if it ends up looking pig-snouty like the Lucerne or Terraza? I think the current Lucerne would look hot with a chrome mesh grille that was pushed in a bit deeper.

The grille is very similar to the Centieme but is shaped like the Velite grille

[post="31485"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I prefer the shape of the Centieme's grille... it just seems more Buicky. The other one is more generic, and it reminds me of an Infiniti Q45.

Excellent, thanks for the info. We are thinking of getting a Lacrosse, but maybe we should wait for the new one. By the way, Josh...you seem to have an inside track to inside info at Buick. Do you know anything about the Velite? My dealer friend says all he know is that the whole thing is on hold. Anything more? I would buy it in a second. Buick needs a convertible, like now.

Conflicting reports on the Velite. Some say it's a go on Zeta (Which has been consistent as Holden is developing all Zeta Buicks) some have said (including here) that is will go FWD upon its debut. I think it will be RWD based on Zeta out of Holden.

Nothing concrete on Zeta Buicks as if you ask anybody it's all a toss up. However on the one subject of Zeta that has been consistent, it's Buick on Zeta and Holden is developing the systems to make it happen.

It looks to me like a mild refresh similar to when the Grand Prix got the GXP V-8 and the whole line got a mild refresh. It looks real good though. I know prist want a Zeta Velite but, can't an AWD Chi or Epsilon cover it almost as well? Anymore pics? :)

Do we know if it gets the 4.6 northstar or the 5.3 LS4? If its the northstar which i hope it is to differentiat it from the Impy, GXP, I needs to have 300 hp otherwise it will be left to far behind by its Chevy and Pontiac siblings. Hopefully by the time these come out they will have 6 speed autos and nav added to the opton lists.

The line of the hood and the space between the grille and the headlights in this new C & G / CSpec image does remind me of the Lucerne. So is the belief that there'll be a LaCrosse Reserve, too? How do these potential names sound... LaCrosse Super LaCrosse Reserve Lucerne Super Lucerne Reserve Rendezvous Super Rendezvous Reserve And, imagining what if... Velie Super Velite Reserve Invicta Super Invicta Reserve Riviera Super Riviera Reserve Roadmaster Super Roadmaster Reserve

GM is finally getting it with Buick. The Lacrosse although a decent car, certainly doesn't stand out. I hope the interior is nicer because after sitting in the Lacrosse recently, I came away very unimpressed. In fact, it looked downright cheap to me.

Maybe the Reserve options came from a Wine person who would like a reserve limited edition LaCrosse. :P That to go with his reserve wines from Napa Valley or better yet from the Columbia Gourge in Washington. There is some mighty fine wine. :P Edited by dfelt

While gut feeling says it's the 5.3, the Northstar supposedly fits in a W body engine bay. The grille upgrade is very nice. Right now the front end of the LaCrosse sometimes looks like it was designed for a different car. Hopefully this new one ties the design together nicely.

Your welcome. We don't delete posts here on C&G like they do over on the "other side" like zoomtm's post was deleted due to the C&G link.  :D

[post="31515"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

yea..talk about killing their own forum...no news for them because they are afraid they will come to :CG_all:

Okay, I REALLY like this. I'm dying to see and know more about it. However, I'm kinda bummed we have to wait until late `07 for this... was hoping to see it next summer.

Love the name Super... Even TED's chop, although it's an improvement, leaves me cold. The LaCrosse is just sa damn "BLAH". <_< The quad roundish headlights worked pretty well on the last gen. Lexus GS and they were in style back then, now in 2006 on the LaX they look lame and dated. Edited by Sixty8panther

Here's a ridiculous question...

but do you think GM and Buick are smart enough to know that perhaps the choice of 3 engines is good... but to give the option of a coupe could make it great???

Does anyone think a LaCrosse coupe is possible?

[post="31731"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Probly not because that goes in the same argument about the Grand Prix coupe...
I'd love to see one but I think GM is leaving the Monte Carlo and the G6 as the only fwd mid size coupes to offer so sales don't get too spread out on other models.