Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Attack of The Clones

Cory Wolfe

chevyattackclonesahh2.jpg

chevyattackclonesahh1.jpg

On my way into Brookville each day, I pass this ever multiplying group of "Old Navy" Chevy pick-ups. It started with one. On to two. Then three... and four, five, six, seven, eight... There are now over a dozen of these things sitting there. More and more keep popping up. I have no idea why or how, either. :P

the second one in from the left was staring at the camera... Cory... they know you saw them... its not safe there anymore!! get out!!!

haha :P

chevyattackclonesahh2.jpg

chevyattackclonesahh1.jpg

On my way into Brookville each day, I pass this ever multiplying group of "Old Navy" Chevy pick-ups. It started with one. On to two. Then three... and four, five, six, seven, eight... There are now over a dozen of these things sitting there. More and more keep popping up. I have no idea why or how, either. :P

Maybe they are there waiting for new Old Navy stores to open? :)

Did a quick search for Old Navy trucks and this popped up, apparently the trucks have been phased out and some are being sold privately but it is not entirely clear. According to the article the trucks, used by the stores to pile clothes on, are mostly shells without engines or transmissions, though sheetmetal, glass, chrome, and suspension are generally intact. The body of an Old Navy truck can range anywhere from quick-painted bondo basketcase to solid original. At least some of the trucks have been butchered, the frame cut in half and then bolted back together once inside the store.

Old Navy Trucks

I'll take one off their hands. :spin:

I really hope they don't crush them...

Don't even SAY that!!!

That makes three of us. May be we should drive to brooksville and pick these babies up. A 350 small block would be good for them.

I used to have one "laying around"

Damn my spastic cleaning spells! (I traded it because I got tired of looking at it)

Seriously, I bet it wouldn't take much to get these things in running condition.

Did a quick search for Old Navy trucks and this popped up, apparently the trucks have been phased out and some are being sold privately but it is not entirely clear. According to the article the trucks, used by the stores to pile clothes on, are mostly shells without engines or transmissions, though sheetmetal, glass, chrome, and suspension are generally intact. The body of an Old Navy truck can range anywhere from quick-painted bondo basketcase to solid original. At least some of the trucks have been butchered, the frame cut in half and then bolted back together once inside the store.

Old Navy Trucks

That's interesting...all the stores around here still have the trucks....

I remember doing a look up for Jefferson County....man, there are quite a few of them....

Yeah, probably like Washington County....both OH & PA have those.. lots of older states probably have president-named counties dating from the 19th century..

Seriously, I bet it wouldn't take much to get these things in running condition.

From the article, sounds like it wouldn't take much at all for some of 'em.

Sure would be neat to have one of 'em ;).

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve&pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Everybody's looking for something" ... Eurythmics ... 'Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This)'

From the article, sounds like it wouldn't take much at all for some of 'em.

Sure would be neat to have one of 'em ;).

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve&pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Everybody's looking for something" ... Eurythmics ... 'Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This)'

I'll take two then...

If it's a Chevy you truly want, be careful - the company that handled the trucks for Old Navy on occasion would take a GMC and put the Chevy front on it. No matter if I wanted anything from Old Navy (I actually stopped buying clothes for myself there a couple of years ago, but they're great for my 2 y-o son) or not, if I was in a mall for the first time and they had an Old Navy, I stopped in just to check out the truck (some newer Old Navy's though did not have a truck; now I can see why). I have spotted many "Chevies" that were really GMCs; just look at the interior for proof. :AH-HA_wink:

And I want to say it had to be about 10 years ago now that Old Navy contracted with ERTL to offer the 1950 Chevy pickup diecast decorated as the "Old Navy pickup" around Christmas time. I don't know why, but I picked one up at a big discount right after the holidays and it's somewhere in a box in my basement. :lol: