Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
damien

2009 Cadillac Eldorado

12 posts in this topic

2009 Cadillac Eldorado. Inspired by the 67-70 Eldorado's. Bring back the Eldo and build it on the Zeta platform with RWD and the 427cu. V-8 from the Z06....

scan0015.jpg

Oh and I added ground clearance for those who got tired of hitting speed bumps...

Edited by damien

Try leaving a couple inches of space between the wheel well and the wheel, on all sides. Pretty much all production cars have that space, and without it your cars look like lowriders. Good that you're listening, though! And this is a pretty nice Eldorado. I love the 67 Eldo, it was very ahead of its time and a trendsetter.

I love your idea, the execution is not perfect but you did a great

job in trying to keep the original Razorback's personality.

space between the wheel well and the tires...?...!....?.....@..... ;(

I think I'm just going to start making spaceships.... I hear those are doing well on here.

I have a 68' Eldorado and I'm very biased towards believing that was the greatest Cadillac design of all time. Well at least the only good work they did after the 50's... If only they had made it RWD! Damn GM for trying to think back then....

Perspective is waaaaaaaaaay off. Taken at face value, it looks like it got smacked on the passenger side in a way so that the front is way off kilter and angled sharply toward the driver's side.

Try tracing some current car photos to get a good idea of perspective. I suck at drawing, and what I do is sketch a current car, then painstakingly make alterations to it so I can make sure it's in perspective.

Good luck!

2008_cadillac_cts-1.jpg

1. Production cars have space between the wheel wells (the round part of the car that is cut out of the fender to leave space for the wheel) and the wheel itself. Lowriders tend to eliminate this, or even tuck the wheels into the wheel well, but we're not in the business of drawing lowriders. If you intend, in all your drawings, to draw the car with a lowrider stance, you should probably let everyone know this so they're not confused. And that choice probably won't turn out to be too popular.

2. As far as proportion and perspective goes: you need to pick an angle at which you're drawing your car. The side of your car looks like you're looking directly at the side; the front looks like you've got a 3/4 side view. In our CTS picture, it's a 3/4 view; look how the rear is further away from the viewer, so things in the rear, including the rear tire, look a tad smaller and smaller as they go back. Likewise, the front of the car gets a little smaller as you go back towards the passenger side.

But if you're drawing your car at a direct side angle, you won't see the front of the car much at all. So 3/4 view is better in most cases. Variety is cool though.

3. The rear of your cars is usually a little too long. Like, 70's long. Which is up to your taste I guess, but not a popular choice these days.

4. Modern cars have something called "tumblehome". This is where the pillars of the car are angled slightly towards the center of the car. It makes the greenhouse somewhat trapezoidal, and the roof narrower than the fenders of the car. So when you draw a car at a 3/4 angle, you'll have the A-pillar that's closer to the viewer be at an agle less sharp than the angle of the A-pillar that's farther away.

I hope that helps.

Oh, and sorry about the wobbly lines. I wish I had a tablet to draw on the computer.

Edited by Zulehan

I appreciate the tutorial, but you guys are just going to have to deal with my laziness. If you want perfection you can pay me

With all due respect, I don't think anyone is expecting perfection at all. You just seemed taken aback/disappointed at the tepid responses to your drawings. If you want to keep drawing the way you've been drawing, great; just know that the responses will most likely remain about the same.

One of my main goals in showing my drawings here is to seek criticism and guidance in improvement. I just figured you were interested in it too.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0