Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

The new KnightRider

BigPontiac

Sitting through this whole show was work! The bad guys had the fastest Ford Edge ever!

The AutoBlog play-by-play is pretty funny though. Link

Read that..glad I didn't watch the show... Autoblog's play-by-play reminds me of Dave Barry's hilarious 24 play-by-plays from last season..

I watched it ... it was OK.

They didn't mention Devon Miles ... and a few other things seemed a bit off, too, historically wise, but it was interesting to see....

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve&pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"There's no better time than today" ... 9 Days ... 'Good Friend'

Longest Ford commercial ever.

I didn't think it was TOO bad, though. I wasn't expecting much. I think the new KITT is cool, and I was glad to see that it was a sequel to the original rather than just a remake.

At the very least it was better than Team Knight Rider.

Edited by §carlet §wordfish

Longest Ford commercial ever.

I didn't think it was TOO bad, though. I wasn't expecting much. I think the new KITT is cool, and I was glad to see that it was a sequel to the original rather than just a remake.

At the very least it was better than Team Knight Rider.

+ 1 Too bad GM didn't offer up the new Camaro for the show. The original show was pretty bad, though. It's kind of like wishing they would bring back the Bionic Woman.... :blink:

Oh, wait, they did............

+ 1 Too bad GM didn't offer up the new Camaro for the show. The original show was pretty bad, though. It's kind of like wishing they would bring back the Bionic Woman.... :blink:

Oh, wait, they did............

What happened to the Bionic Woman revival...did it get cancelled ?

What happened to the Bionic Woman revival...did it get cancelled ?

Yep. Thanks to the writer's strike, Bionic Woman (no big deal) and Journeyman (a cool show that I was really starting to get into) are both gone. Heroes and others won't be back until September. I'm not sure what happened to Battlestar Galactica: that was a very well-written, thought out series. I think they are still going to make a few more episodes to wind it down.

Yep. Thanks to the writer's strike, Bionic Woman (no big deal) and Journeyman (a cool show that I was really starting to get into) are both gone. Heroes and others won't be back until September. I'm not sure what happened to Battlestar Galactica: that was a very well-written, thought out series. I think they are still going to make a few more episodes to wind it down.

I never saw Journeyman...it did sound interesting, though. And I know 24 has been delayed until '09 (that I was bummed about).

That sucks.....

Sitting through this whole show was work! The bad guys had the fastest Ford Edge ever!

The AutoBlog play-by-play is pretty funny though. Link

Either that or the new KITT has all of the acceleration of a 74 Cobra.

Tammy was watching that when I got up to go to work last night. What I saw had nothing really to recommend it.

I thought it was AWFUL.....I almost turned it off.

The original was cheesy....but somehow much more enjoyable to watch. The Mustang doesn't do it for me......and the new KITT doesn't seem to have near the personality that William Daniels (the voice of the old KITT) injected into the car. I thought the sidekick chick (even forgot her name) was an awful actor too....just seemed to overly fake to me.

To me, Bionic Woman was a much more successful resurrection of an old TV action show.

and the new KITT doesn't seem to have near the personality that William Daniels (the voice of the old KITT) injected into the car.

I agree with you there, Daniels is a character that just sounds intelligent, sure he's like 80 years old, but they could have brought him back, no?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_ZS5kF3_fFw

......and the new KITT doesn't seem to have near the personality that William Daniels (the voice of the old KITT) injected into the car.

AMEN! My thoughts, exactly! Maybe it'll get better, but somehow, I doubt it....

OK ... here's my take, now that I've had some time to think about this....

My "creative mind" often formulates what an old favorite TV show might be like ... "updated" in today's world, and it always _seems_ cool. In the case of Knight Rider, perhaps my mind is more creative than I thought ... or, maybe, my expectations were too high, I'm not sure.

Yes, I watched Knight Rider Sunday night. I kinda liked it...kinda didn't. Indifferent, though, is not the right word. It was exciting to see KITT revived, but not so exciting to see only SOME of the history explained.

It was cool to see the old KITT in the garage (body parts and that famous license plate), but if you remember the Knight Rider 2000 movie from 1991, a direct continuation of the original series, some things just didn't "match":

...per the 1991 movie, the old KITT in the garage should've been the red one that ended that KR 2000 movie. Remember, Russell Maddock dismantled the original KITT and sold it for scrap....

...in the original series, Devon Miles was the face of the mysterious benefactor, Wilton Knight, who, according to imdb.com, created KITT.... Devon Miles was murdered by Maddock's guys in the 1991 TV movie.... But, the new Knight Rider movie Sunday night indicated that Charles Graiman (who decided to re-instate the Foundation) was the originator of KITT.... And, notice how Charles Graiman "resembles" (somewhat anyway) the original Devon Miles....

...in the 1991 movie, the lady Shawn McCormick has part of KITT's chip in her. And, remember, the red KITT that ended the movie was the Knight 4000 ... so, with this new TV series, we're going back a step to Knight Industries Three Thousand...?

*shrugs*

Course, that 1991 movie was looking into the "future" to the year 2000. After all, they were using Ch#$r%*et Berettas as cop cars, presumably to give it a more futuristic feel.... And, also to the new Knight Rider's defense, they weren't going to be able to completely explain the differences between the 2 TV series.

However, imho, it would've been nice if they had given SOME mention to Devon Miles and, of course, Bonnie. Who knows ... maybe they will. He he ... come to think of it, it'd be cool to see KARR, too...!

*pauses*

As for the "Ford commercial" in the new Knight Rider, I don't remember the product placement being THAT obvious in the original TV series or the 1991 movie. Heh ... what Ford Edge IS faster than KITT, anyway?

This new Knight Rider might not have been how I "created" it in my mind, but it was OK. Heh ... maybe I should submit concepts for some of my other favorite shows....

Speaking of ... am I the only one that thinks about what a continuation of an old favorite TV show might be like today?

"What are you gonna do when that new wears off?" ... Shenandoah ... 'See If I Care'

I DVR'd it, and now after watching it, I can honestly say that it was a disrespectful reincarnation to the original show which I actually liked (until the very end of the series when they abandoned it creatively), and I'm sorry, but KITT is NOT a Mustang. This is like the Byron Cherry and Christopher Maher coming in and replacing Tom Wopat and John Schneider in the Dukes of Hazard. :nono:

Chalk it up to the sheer charisma of the Hoff.

Meh, I'm not German. I never really understood the fascination with him. I never thought he was cute either.

Now Tom Selleck I can understand.

Chalk it up to the sheer charisma of the Hoff.

Nah.....it was more like the sheer charisma of the Pontiac Trans-Am....!

Even being gay, I've never been attracted to The Hoff.....

I've always had a wierd passion about the 1982-gen Camaros and Trans-Ams.....even though they were underpowered. To this day, I'd love to find a low-mileage 1982 Trans-Am with those wierd body-color wheel covers, the carburated 5.0L, 140hp engine, and 4-speed manual trans. Wierd, huh? LOL

Ironic isn't it....that the slowest Trans-Am (maybe ever?) built was the basis for a super-fast, 300mph AI computer car? LOL

Speaking of ... am I the only one that thinks about what a continuation of an old favorite TV show might be like today?

Nope....I do it all the time! I think "Bionic Woman" (to a lesser extent) and "Battlestar Galactica" (to a great extent) are two successes in my mind.

I think Star Trek TNG was an incredible move forward from Star Trek TOS.....and the critics seem to agree with me.

Knight Rider, however, sucked. I would have preferred way more references to the original show. I'm even okay with Michael Knight's son being the main character.....but I would have still rather had Daniel's voice as KITT...with his witty personality he had in the original series. Also, would have loved to see the original Devon brought back as well. Finally, a Ford just doesn't do it. How cool would it have been to have one of the last of the last-gen Trans-Ams be the new KITT? Who cares if they don't build it in 2008.....I think that would have been HOT.....

I looooooved KnightRider when I was a kid. I was born in 1979, that show

was THE coolest show of my childhood, bar none. I have the first season

on DVD, own several collectbles... yes I'm a big fan.

That being said this new 2008 show was garbage. KITT as a Mustang? F-

Here's what KITT should have been, end of discussion. (the is a chop I did a while back)

kitt2000cb8.jpg

Edited by Sixty8panther

Who remembers Team Knight Rider? It featured a Mustang, F-150 and Expedition. I only remember like one episode from it. Does it factor into the continuity at all?

Never even attempted to watch that one... seemed like it was Power Rangers cheesy. :rolleyes:

Couldn't have gotten corporate sponsorship with that, though..

That's what this latest Knight Rider seemed to me.....nothing but Ford corporate sponsorship. Did anyone else notice how many damn commercial breaks there were in the show? Thank god I DVR'd it....and watched it later.....so I could fast forward thru the commercials.....

I think GM handled it much more tastefully with the original......

Val Kilmer is KITT now, wtf were they thinking....

Well, once every 20 movies or so, Val Kilmer stops churning out crap and turns in a performance that will blow you away (see: Tombstone.) Maybe they thought he was due?

But he was just the fallback option. Will Arnett was the guy they initially wanted, which would have kicked some serious ass.

Edited by Enzora

He was just the fallback option. Will Arnett was the guy they initially wanted, which would have kicked some serious ass.

Hugo Weaving (Agent Smith from The Matrix movies) could have made an interesting KITT voice...given it a creepiness like the HAL 9000 in 2001.

Hugo Weaving (Agent Smith from The Matrix movies) could have made an interesting KITT voice...given it a creepiness like the HAL 9000 in 2001.

Only if we get a scene where KITT is attacking/chasing after someone while taunting them mercilessly. It's Weaving's specialty.

Nope....I do it all the time! I think "Bionic Woman" (to a lesser extent) and "Battlestar Galactica" (to a great extent) are two successes in my mind.

Didn't see either of those ... so I'll take your word for it ;).

Just glad I'm not the only one that does that!

.....but I would have still rather had Daniel's voice as KITT...with his witty personality he had in the original series.

AMEN!

Also, would have loved to see the original Devon brought back as well.

Except, I think he really is dead.... I'm not 100% positive of that, though....

"The only thing changing is my way of thinking" ... Dottie West ... 'A Lesson in Leaving'