Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
regfootball

FORD FLEX ORDER GUIDE

25 posts in this topic

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index...ost&id=6458

it's late so i'll have to reread it, but no AWD or contrast roof or moonroof with the SE. thus, AWD becomes seriously pricey.

cargo cf number is paltry. thought it would be more. where is the curb weight?

pricey. traverse should undercut this.

looks like the blazing copper orange color i wanted didn't make the cut either.

camel interior is absent as well. gray or black only. take your pick.

if you only want FWD the chrylser / routan vans will prob be cheaper as well the others nissan, kia etc.

may have to get the taurex now while i can since it will killed in 010. side note. someone on BON is claiming the all new taurus will arrive this fall.

this really complicates things for me. i may be forced into like an Edge SE or dump ford and get an AWD charger.

Edited by regfootball

I'll take a White Suede Limited with Brilliant Silver sky, please...

It may be significantly less commodious than a minivan, but at least it's a lot more stylish.

Here's how it compares with the roomiest minivan out there, the Odyssey:

Flex / Odyssey

Headroom (in)

Row 1: 41.8 / 40.9

Row 2: 40.5 / 40.0

Row 3: 38.7 / 38.4

Shoulder room

Row 1: 58.4 / 63.5

Row 2: 58.1 / 63.1

Row 3: 50.8 / 61.2

Hip room

Row 1: 55.4 / 57.0

Row 2: 55.0 / 64.4

Row 3: 41.1 / 48.5

Leg room

Row 1: 40.8 / 40.8

Row 2: 44.3 / 40.0

Row 3: 33.4 / 41.1

Cargo capacity (cu ft), behind...

Row 1: 86.7 / 147.4

Row 2: 45.0 / 91.1

Row 3: 19.4 / 38.4

Passenger volume: 118.0 / 171.4

The exterior footprint, on the other hand, is nearly identical.

I suppose having a "trunk" half the size of an Ody's doesn't make it a true minivan alternative, but hey, it was a contrasting roof, a stainless steel tailgate, a fridge, and SYNC!~!~!~!~~~~!!!!

How do you know it's not cheap, btw? There seems to be a good amount of standard equipment; even the SE model (alloys, leather-wrap wheel) has more stuff any base minivan.

Edited by empowah

I liked the concept better, the production model looks like a bloated xB to me...

Here's how it compares with the roomiest minivan out there, the Odyssey:

Flex / Odyssey

Headroom (in)

Row 1: 41.8 / 40.9

Row 2: 40.5 / 40.0

Row 3: 38.7 / 38.4

Shoulder room

Row 1: 58.4 / 63.5

Row 2: 58.1 / 63.1

Row 3: 50.8 / 61.2

Hip room

Row 1: 55.4 / 57.0

Row 2: 55.0 / 64.4

Row 3: 41.1 / 48.5

Leg room

Row 1: 40.8 / 40.8

Row 2: 44.3 / 40.0

Row 3: 33.4 / 41.1

Cargo capacity (cu ft), behind...

Row 1: 86.7 / 147.4

Row 2: 45.0 / 91.1

Row 3: 19.4 / 38.4

Passenger volume: 118.0 / 171.4

The exterior footprint, on the other hand, is nearly identical.

the hip room and cargo deficiencies are a BIG problem.

this was supposed to replace a minivan. instead, its a taurus X with a longer wheelbase and a boxy roof.

f*ck this. I think Ford may have screwed the pooch on this one. I'll call it a stretched sedan and that's about it. Of course, the lambdas aren't all that voluminous for cargo either, but at least it holds plywood and the hip room is good. The space improvements over the Taurus X seem minimal. An outlander has 72 cu. ft for crying out loud. Can you fit a sofa in the Flex? No way I guess.

Oh well, at least those used Freestars are dirt cheap. That Routan is looking better by the day.

Edited by regfootball

Don't Stop Believin' Reg, buy a Journey. :P

the journey prob has the same amount of space and costs a lot less. however, i cannot live with that dash.

traverse, outlook, routan, quest, acadia, used pacifica.

Found out at lunch how handy a three row vehicle would be again. need 3 rows. went in a coworker's pathfinder. tight! 3 in the back seat. didn't mind though, since what i was next to was ok IYKWIM

the journey prob has the same amount of space and costs a lot less. however, i cannot live with that dash.

Found out at lunch how handy a three row vehicle would be again. need 3 rows. went in a coworker's pathfinder. tight! 3 in the back seat. didn't mind though, since what i was next to was ok IYKWIM

I went to lunch (a pho place) yesterday in a coworker's current-style 4Runner...sat in the back center (3 across)..wasn't bad...more space there than in my Jeep, I think..

Edited by moltar

aztek accomodates 3 pretty well in the back.

the older pathfinder is a tight crackerbox.

GIRTH MATTERS!

the older pathfinder is a tight crackerbox.

GIRTH MATTERS!

One of the tighter SUVs I've ridden in the back of was my old Bronco II...a bit too tight for 3..my full-size Bronco that replaced it was wider, but still not that comfortable. I've ridden in the back of a coworker's XJ Cherokee w/ 3 also..pretty tight.

Edited by moltar

You lived with your Aztek I'm sure you can live with the Journey :P Plus, have you sat in it yet? It's certainly a step up from the Avenger and looks better in person than photos.

if i get a chrylser it will be the van. and in that case, i would get a routan. a VW chrysler.

or i'd get a magnum or charger awd 3.5 2008

Edited by regfootball

Pricing is out... SE starts at $28,995 including destination. No price advantage over a comparable minivan; a Sienna with power sliders, alloys, and 8-way power driver's seat is less.

Alloy Wheels in the Sky.

Pricing is out... SE starts at $28,995 including destination. No price advantage over a comparable minivan; a Sienna with power sliders, alloys, and 8-way power driver's seat is less.

big cargo deficiencies too.

of course, folks shell out big dough for lame RX lexus so who knows how this will pan out.

keep in mind one of the main reasons minivans are not selling well compared to CUV's aside from styling is lack of AWD option. Flex has available AWD.

Edited by regfootball

Of course.....being INSIDE the Aztek, they don't have to look at it....

LOL.....j/k Reg.......

well, i can price a FWD SE cloth for about 30,500.

but wait, I can't get an SE with AWD, nor can I get a sunroof on either.

furthermore, get a limited and you still have to pay extra for things like remote start.

so i can't simply get an AWD SE which i would be fine with, for 32,500. No, I have to get an SEL which requires leather and now if I want an AWD FLex with remote start and sync its north of 35, or more like 37.

Every option checked is 45 freaking grand.

Ford may be dangerously close to losing a loyal customer by pulling this pricing and options crap. Maybe a used one year old taurus X for 20 grand will have ot be the solution.

Maybe a Chrysler van is the way to go after all.

Edited by regfootball

wow... the more i look at it, i think this is the best use of the tri bar grille in a long time.. looks REALLY sharp!

well, i can price a FWD SE cloth for about 30,500.

but wait, I can't get an SE with AWD, nor can I get a sunroof on either.

furthermore, get a limited and you still have to pay extra for things like remote start.

so i can't simply get an AWD SE which i would be fine with, for 32,500. No, I have to get an SEL which requires leather and now if I want an AWD FLex with remote start and sync its north of 35, or more like 37.

Every option checked is 45 freaking grand.

Ford may be dangerously close to losing a loyal customer by pulling this pricing and options crap. Maybe a used one year old taurus X for 20 grand will have ot be the solution.

Maybe a Chrysler van is the way to go after all.

It seems in line with the Odyssey and some other minivans, most of which don't offer AWD anyway (or a sunroof with cloth interior, remote start, or SYNC, for that matter).

Odyssey EX: $29,595

Flex SE w/ 6CD: $29,425

(Comparably equipped, with basics like cloth interior, privacy glass, rear A/C, alloy wheels, a $h!load of safety features, power driver seat, CD changer)

Odyssey EX-L: $32,845

Flex SEL w/ Vista Roof: $34,265

(Comparably equipped, with leather, climate control, XM, power passenger seat, moonroof, heated seats)

Odyssey EX-L with DVD: $34,445

Flex SEL w/ Vista Roof, DVD: $35,285

(Comparably equipped, with rear seat entertainment)

Odyssey Touring: $40,645

Flex Limited w/ Vista Roof, DVD, nav: $40,295

(Comparably equipped, with navigation, Bluetooth, parking sensors, power liftgate, driver memory, power pedals, rear cam)

Of course, there are some differences - Flex has a Big Ass Moon Roof (BAMR) compared to the Ody's mail slot, Flex SE has parking sensors standard, while Ody EX has climate control standard and Ody EX-L has rear cam standard, but on the whole pricing seems comparable. The main difference is that Flex trades interior space for style and design.

I've got 2 words for them:

Chrysler Pacifica.

as in, majorly overpriced at intro, and had to resort to price gashing to correct their worth in the market?

It seems in line with the Odyssey and some other minivans, most of which don't offer AWD anyway (or a sunroof with cloth interior, remote start, or SYNC, for that matter).

Odyssey EX: $29,595

Flex SE w/ 6CD: $29,425

(Comparably equipped, with basics like cloth interior, privacy glass, rear A/C, alloy wheels, a $h!load of safety features, power driver seat, CD changer)

Odyssey EX-L: $32,845

Flex SEL w/ Vista Roof: $34,265

(Comparably equipped, with leather, climate control, XM, power passenger seat, moonroof, heated seats)

Odyssey EX-L with DVD: $34,445

Flex SEL w/ Vista Roof, DVD: $35,285

(Comparably equipped, with rear seat entertainment)

Odyssey Touring: $40,645

Flex Limited w/ Vista Roof, DVD, nav: $40,295

(Comparably equipped, with navigation, Bluetooth, parking sensors, power liftgate, driver memory, power pedals, rear cam)

Of course, there are some differences - Flex has a Big Ass Moon Roof (BAMR) compared to the Ody's mail slot, Flex SE has parking sensors standard, while Ody EX has climate control standard and Ody EX-L has rear cam standard, but on the whole pricing seems comparable. The main difference is that Flex trades interior space for style and design.

yeah but the odyssey is as overpriced as it gets.

flex shouldn't be much more than say, the real pricing of a grand caravan or town and country.

"Did you say 69?" the robotic Sync lady asks inquisitively. Why, yes; yes he did.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0