Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
§carlet §wordfish

Cutlass Supreme coupe

18 posts in this topic

I've been doing a quite a few chops lately, some not so bad, some just plain dumb. This one's dumb, but I hope it's not so bad.

intriguecoupe.jpg

I wanted to do an Aurora coupe, but couldn't find any decent pictures. But I still think this is kinda hot.

Wish it were real.

Might I suggest tinting the windows (to hide the un-chopped drivers side windows).

Nice one, Scarlet.

Sweet... it's a three door! (look at the greenhouse) :P

No it's not... that's just... the windshield refracting the interior.

=P

That would make a cool Toronado

No. That would have been a terrible Toronado. Toronado was always more of a halo car, and featured large engineering effort to give it the latest and greatest technology Oldsobile had to offer. A W-body coupe would have been a great Cutlass.

I wanted to do an Aurora coupe, but couldn't find any decent pictures. But I still think this is kinda hot.

Look at the Riviera and Aurora-fy it. Or are you talking about the 2nd gen Aurora?

Really, with the 95s, the biggest Riv/Aurora differences were the engines, the interiors, and the tuning. Stylistically, they are extremely similar.

You'd be surprised how hard it is to find decent pictures of the Aurora and Riv. With the Intrigue I was extremely lucky to find Grand Prix coupe pics at exactly the same angle, so I just copied the greenhouse and used it as a pattern. That was my plan for the Aurora too, but I couldn't find any decent pics of either car.

But thanks for all your comments, guys.

No. That would have been a terrible Toronado. Toronado was always more of a halo car, and featured large engineering effort to give it the latest and greatest technology Oldsobile had to offer. A W-body coupe would have been a great Cutlass.

I stand corrected... :pokeowned:

Look at the Riviera and Aurora-fy it. Or are you talking about the 2nd gen Aurora?

Really, with the 95s, the biggest Riv/Aurora differences were the engines, the interiors, and the tuning. Stylistically, they are extremely similar.

Maybe very generally in shape? I think they were very distinct. They just shared platforms.

Franks95Riviera.jpgoldsmobile_aurora.jpg

They are very distinct, but they do share some traits like the downward sloping rears, the arched greenhouses, and overall sexiness. The Riv's greenhouse would fit perfectly on the Aurora.

Maybe I should just go out and take some pictures myself.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0