Congratulations, Chris Doane

ocnblu

Chris Doane was recently featured at Gaywheels.com's "Headlights" section, showcasing out gay automotive professionals. C&G friends, gay and straight, check it out.

Oh... and thanks to our old buddy Borger for calling my attention to the article. :AH-HA_wink:

click

Edited by ocnblu

Actually I hate stereotypes but...as a strait guy I've found that a lot of the most creative, enteresting, informed, whatever people that love cars happen to be gay. I am even thinking about joining the local Lamda car club. They have some great people involved...and like the Local Miata club, they seem to know a lot of good local places to get together for a good meal for meetings, etc.

Seriously, thanks for sharing this with me.

Although my wife and three daughters will want to know why I am now surifing Gaywheels.com on the internet.

Chris

Thanks. :)

The really funny/surreal thing (well for the gay guys here anyway) is that the story was featured on gay.com. It was one of those 5 rotating feature stories they have on the home page. I had no idea gaywheels shared content with them. Thursday night I come home and there is an IM from my friend saying "dude! youre on the front page of gay.com!"

To clarify the thing about Borger... he was giving me grief (just teasing, not mean-spirited afaik) about the gay thing the other night in IM, threatening to start his own forum (! contradicting some of his reasons for leaving here) called "Cheers, Queers & Automobiles". I countered his assault with "well, gaywheels.com says GM is a gay-friendly company as far as treatment of employees, so there must be some gay folk there, especially at GME". So I guess I inadvertently steered him toward the site, even though I hadn't myself visited it in about a year. He says a "reader" from GM sent him the article... hmmm...

Great article CD. I like your outlook on being gay. It's not who you are in the least, and there are no boundaries to what you can do. People place too much importance on being gay, especially people who are gay. It's just sexuaity and who you share your romantic life with. The first step in removing bias is when both people who are gay and straight stop demanding to know others' sexuality. It's none of anyone's business.

Props do you man. Congrats on what you accomplish and as a car nut, thanks for keeping me in spy photo eye candy!

To clarify the thing about Borger... he was giving me grief (just teasing, not mean-spirited afaik) about the gay thing the other night in IM, threatening to start his own forum (! contradicting some of his reasons for leaving here) called "Cheers, Queers & Automobiles". I countered his assault with "well, gaywheels.com says GM is a gay-friendly company as far as treatment of employees, so there must be some gay folk there, especially at GME". So I guess I inadvertently steered him toward the site, even though I hadn't myself visited it in about a year. He says a "reader" from GM sent him the article... hmmm...

Interesting, I must say...

Great article CD. I like your outlook on being gay. It's not who you are in the least, and there are no boundaries to what you can do. People place too much importance on being gay, especially people who are gay. It's just sexuaity and who you share your romantic life with. The first step in removing bias is when both people who are gay and straight stop demanding to know others' sexuality. It's none of anyone's business.

Props do you man. Congrats on what you accomplish and as a car nut, thanks for keeping me in spy photo eye candy!

:yes:

The first step in removing bias is when both people who are gay and straight stop demanding to know others' sexuality. It's none of anyone's business.

Well written! :thumbsup:

Yeah, :cheers: to CD for keeping an eye out for the new stuff for all of us car nuts!

I have theories... That's all I'll say. :P

Cool. Congrats.

Yes, who is this Borger I hear so much about? :smilewide: Now CD you do know I am plugged into the net, almost as if I were a human Cray supercomputer. Nothing, and I do mean nothing escapes my gaze! <------ (PCS made a funny) :P

Congrats on the article, it was well deserved. Perhaps we will meet sometime soon, since we seem to travel in the same circles. I will be leaving soon enough from my beloved Delaware, it seems there was a VP of Production at the Wilmington plant in the past week or so, perhaps things are looking up there. I love the smell of new product in the morning! :yes:

Well you certainly see who your friends are on a thread like this, (or not)! :smilewide:

Ok CD, I'll race you to Melbourne, you are going I hope and will I see you in Swaziland next month in beautiful Geneva?

Keep up the good work CD, as will I on my end too. I look forward to my return to the USA in November so I can pull the lever for Obama! Yes we can! :AH-HA_wink:

Edited by Pontiac Custom-S

blah blah blah

I work at GM.

I know who you are.

It really wasn’t that hard to figure out, especially with the information you posted about your job(s) in previous posts. Plus, you have posted or linked to your picture in old posts (you really might want to remove those).

In past posts you have hinted at, insinuated, given references to, and for the most part, stated future product plans and future product for certain plants. This is completely unacceptable for a GM employee. You know better than this, especially in your position. You sign a confidentiality statement every year. (Not giving validation to those statements, because some of those statements were completely untrue.)

You have posted internal program codes. As much as you may think these are “public knowledge” in the internet world, they are not. They are considered GM Confidential no matter if they are cancelled or active (and not all the information was 100% correct).

I am not sure why you posted this information on a public internet message board. Maybe you were trying to make people “hero worship” you because you have future product knowledge or maybe you have some self-esteem issues and just want to be liked in cyberspace. Either way, you are wrong, and you know you should not be posting this stuff. Looks like this isn’t the first time you’ve posted to a messageboard and stirred it up:

http://p206.ezboard.com/Officer-Exchange/f...picID=955.topic

(on a side note, I didn’t know this level of nerd even existed)

In case you think I am someone just messing with you, these things ought to verify my employer: PeopleFinder, E Squared, CR/DN, Socrates, iNotes, GIC, PMP, etc, etc, etc.

I still haven’t made up my mind of whether I will send your previous posts to both your Director and the Awareline, but you absolutely need to stop posting sensitive information.

Edited by 1q2w3

I work at GM.

I know who you are.

It really wasn’t that hard to figure out, especially with the information you posted about your job(s) in previous posts. Plus, you have posted or linked to your picture in old posts (you really might want to remove those).

In past posts you have hinted at, insinuated, given references to, and for the most part, stated future product plans and future product for certain plants. This is completely unacceptable for a GM employee. You know better than this, especially in your position. You sign a confidentiality statement every year. (Not giving validation to those statements, because some of those statements were completely untrue.)

You have posted internal program codes. As much as you may think these are “public knowledge” in the internet world, they are not. They are considered GM Confidential no matter if they are cancelled or active (and not all the information was 100% correct).

I am not sure why you posted this information on a public internet message board. Maybe you were trying to make people “hero worship” you because you have future product knowledge or maybe you have some self-esteem issues and just want to be liked in cyberspace. Either way, you are wrong, and you know you should not be posting this stuff. Looks like this isn’t the first time you’ve posted to a messageboard and stirred it up:

http://p206.ezboard.com/Officer-Exchange/f...picID=955.topic

(on a side note, I didn’t know this level of nerd even existed)

In case you think I am someone just messing with you, these things ought to verify my employer: PeopleFinder, E Squared, CR/DN, Socrates, iNotes, GIC, PMP, etc, etc, etc.

I still haven’t made up my mind of whether I will send your previous posts to both your Director and the Awareline, but you absolutely need to stop posting sensitive information.

Yawn!

Edit: ahhhh the memories, it is a well known fact that I love to play computer games. If you look it says administrator by my name, so I must know how to run forums. It's also common knowledge that I run/have run/will run servers, in the past/present/future, must be why I have 2 terabytes of free disk space at my disposal. I do have some low level computer skills. :smilewide: That was one of my best sigs I ever made. It was kickass nerdish. :AH-HA_wink:

Edited by Pontiac Custom-S

Hmmm...if word gets around that GM is 'gay-friendly', the Bible Belt right wing lunatics will start a boycott and rant and rave...

Maybe Fred Phelps will burn a Camaro in front of his church in response...

Chris

Yes, who is this Borger I hear so much about? :smilewide: Now CD you do know I am plugged into the net, almost as if I were a human Cray supercomputer. Nothing, and I do mean nothing escapes my gaze! <------ (PCS made a funny) :P

Congrats on the article, it was well deserved. Perhaps we will meet sometime soon, since we seem to travel in the same circles. I will be leaving soon enough from my beloved Delaware, it seems there was a VP of Production at the Wilmington plant in the past week or so, perhaps things are looking up there. I love the smell of new product in the morning! :yes:

Well you certainly see who your friends are on a thread like this, (or not)! :smilewide:

Ok CD, I'll race you to Melbourne, you are going I hope and will I see you in Swaziland next month in beautiful Geneva?

Keep up the good work CD, as will I on my end too. I look forward to my return to the USA in November so I can pull the lever for Obama! Yes we can! :AH-HA_wink:

Obama may actually be a damned good president.

Glad to see you here after your departure.

Chris

Hah...uh....my what now?

Oh don't sound so surprised. You know those naked photos of you frolicking around are just waiting to get leaked onto the internet...

Congrats Chris. hey what's your preferred weapon of choice and what type of massive lens is attached to it?

Actually thats my old, old gear. Its a Nikon N90s with a 300mm f/2.8 in the pic.

These days I shoot with a Canon 1DMKIIn. Heh and I went and got a 400mm f/2.8 for my really long glass.