C&G Gathering @ the All-GM Nationals, Carlisle, PA

Alright, so the big All-GM Nationals show at the Carlisle Fairgrounds in Carlisle, PA is coming up on June 20-22. In The O.C.'s post, I mentioned that Camino and I previously talked about getting a C&G Gathering together there in 2008. I have yet to speak with him about it further at this point, but this post is to gauge interest among those of you who'd like to travel to Central Pennsylvannia to attend this awesome show and be part of a much larger C&G gathering than what's occured anywhere else to date.

As I mentioned already, if we have 25 GM cars/trucks register as a "car club", we'd receive reduced admissions costs, get to park inside of the show/on the show fields all together, and get the free use of a 20'x20' tent. So I know I'd bring one of my daily-driver GM vehicles (I don't have a show car, so what I drive will be cleaned up for display!), and Camino would probably do the same with one of his GM vehicles - now we just need 23 more members here to committ (but not quite fully yet). There are still more details that have to be worked out, and like I've stated, Camino and I have yet to talk about this in any more detail.

At this point, if you're in the position to say that you are likely to participate in the C&G Gathering, post here so we can see the interest level that we have. If all goes well, I will see about getting a t-shirt designed and printed up to commemorate this event, and maybe even a banner that could be used at any C&G gathering around the country (assuming that those members in charge would pay shipping costs).

Post away! :thumbsup:

Ouch, I won't know until sometime in June if I can go to the Carlisle meet up or not. My final exams are June 19-21st, depending on the class. And it seems like I have a Saturday exam every semester, and Carlisle is an 8.25 hour trip from Flint, plus stopping by home to drop off all my stuff from school.

Carpool?

Dude, I have no idea. I might be co-op'ing in SC next term, that's still up in the air. If I am, then I don't know if I'll want to drive to PA, then back, then back to SC within a week of each other lawlz

Edited by NOS2006

Well, I would definitely be going solo. I can't get the BF to go the auto show in Toronto here. But I guess an Optra 5 would be an impressive sight down there, considering you guys never got the privilege :rolleyes: of getting them down there.

I'll go. It's really far away and all, but I will make the sacrifice. :AH-HA_wink:

Sacrifice from esteemed members like you will keep this community close knit and special. You should probably walk there to be the Flag Bearer of :CG_all: and send the message. And don't come naked!!

You can always beg :P, or ride with 68 in his Buick.

Count me in, as of such I do not have any plans.

What you you all rather have? A Mopar otr a Toyota with a Chevy badge on it there? :P

I don't think his Buick would be road worthy for the trip, I'd expect if he drives it would be the Banana Boat.

If work and finances permit, I'd love to make the trip with the girl in the Suburban; I'm always up for a road trip and it seems like a great time!

Hey XP, we could carpool :P

Sacrifice from esteemed members like you will keep this community close knit and special. You should probably walk there to be the Flag Bearer of :CG_all: and send the message. And don't come naked!!

Oh dears gods please no! :P

I don't have plans that far out and I'm only 4 hours away..... 3.5 if I unleash the power of this fully armed and operational battle wagon!

Any Pics Yet??

I'm anxious to see a B-Body Roadmaster Estate the way it was MEANT to look :wink:

As I mentioned already, if we have 25 GM cars/trucks register as a "car club", we'd receive reduced admissions costs, get to park inside of the show/on the show fields all together, and get the free use of a 20'x20' tent.

Question: I'm guessing my car wouldn't count towards the 25? Also would it not be allowed in the tent?

Hmmm....that is the weekend before the MC Nationals in Greensburg PA....

Might have to alter my plans and spend a whole week in PA....sounds like fun!

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve&pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Someday slowly turns to never" ... Tanya Tucker ... 'Soon'

Oh my BV, you may want to rephrase that sentence a little bit. :P Does anyone know if there is an airport close by, maybe CPF and myself could jet in, now wouldn't that make for an interesting get together! :AH-HA_wink:

Completely intentional. :P

I don't know about Carlisle, but there's a nifty little airport not far from Brookville. Just think, you could meet little ol' me. I'm sure you'd never be happier.

Oh my BV, you may want to rephrase that sentence a little bit. :P Does anyone know if there is an airport close by, maybe CPF and myself could jet in, now wouldn't that make for an interesting get together! :AH-HA_wink:

Well, I'm sure Harrisburg has an airport, and it's not that far to Carlisle from there (I'd estimate about half an hour driving time).

Question: I'm guessing my car wouldn't count towards the 25? Also would it not be allowed in the tent?

No, I'm sure it wouldn't since it's not a "GM vehicle". However, bring the Prizm and your problem is solved! :thumbsup:

Again, what I want to know is who would be interested in bringing their GM vehicle onto the show field as part of the C&G Club? You're vehicle will not be judged, it's just so the whole club can park together and be in one location. We'd get the tent free if we have 25 people register their cars/trucks. That's what I need to know right now (if you'd be willing to pay to put your car in the show). The cost of this registration, including admission for 2 people, woule be around $30. Parking in the Carlisle lots or on the side streets can cost between $5-$15, and I believe admission per person is around $10 - so it's definitely a bargain.

Again, what I want to know is who would be interested in bringing their GM vehicle onto the show field as part of the C&G Club? You're vehicle will not be judged, it's just so the whole club can park together and be in one location. We'd get the tent free if we have 25 people register their cars/trucks. That's what I need to know right now (if you'd be willing to pay to put your car in the show). The cost of this registration, including admission for 2 people, woule be around $30. Parking in the Carlisle lots or on the side streets can cost between $5-$15, and I believe admission per person is around $10 - so it's definitely a bargain.

I won't have one to bring down, I'm out. :P

BV, don;t think you're totally excluded. Right now, I just want to know how many people would be willing to pay the costs to put their car on the show field in the car club catergory to see if we could get the free tent. That's not to say that other things aren't in the works, especially something that would make all C&G members want to meet up at some point for the official "gathering" :AH-HA_wink:

I'd rather bring my car, since it's more comfortable for long distance cruising, plus we can comfortably fit a couple extra people if they happened to need a ride, but I don't wanna be excluded from the tent either.

Ironic isn't it? I can bring a Toyota there but not a Dodge. :P

Edited by Dodgefan

Nah, been too cold in the barn, but soon... very soon. :AH-HA_wink:

Well good ... glad something is coming soon ... been wondering about it and, of course, lookin' forward to more progress pics.

As for too cold in the barn ... that's what a heater is for ... he he ;).

"Keep this feelin' alive" ... Eric Carmen ... 'Make Me Lose Control'

I just thought of something, my brother gets married the weekend after that in DE, and I am the Best Man. He wants me to put together his bachelor party, and I am not sure when he wants to have it... if it is the weekend of Carlisle, that may push me out. I don't know right now.

Well good ... glad something is coming soon ... been wondering about it and, of course, lookin' forward to more progress pics.

As for too cold in the barn ... that's what a heater is for ... he he ;).

"Keep this feelin' alive" ... Eric Carmen ... 'Make Me Lose Control'

Yeah, but the barn is quite big, and without a serious heater (or heaters) it stays cold. I have tried the space heater/kerosene heater approach without success. Hopefully, by next winter I will have installed 2 huge industrial gas heaters and won't lose my winter project time anymore.

Yeah, but the barn is quite big, and without a serious heater (or heaters) it stays cold. I have tried the space heater/kerosene heater approach without success. Hopefully, by next winter I will have installed 2 huge industrial gas heaters and won't lose my winter project time anymore.

You could always buy a big old Iron wood furnace like we have. You'd have to keep it going and it'd take a while to head an entire barn, but it could work. :P

You could always buy a big old Iron wood furnace like we have. You'd have to keep it going and it'd take a while to head an entire barn, but it could work. :P

I've thought of that as well, I have two woodburning stoves but the chimney would have to be higher than the peak of the roof which would be way too expensive.

Believe me, I've looked at all the options. :banghead:

I've thought of that as well, I have two woodburning stoves but the chimney would have to be higher than the peak of the roof which would be way too expensive.

We just have a big iron pipe for a chimney. Course, I don't think it's taller than the peak. :P

All?

If chimney height is a problem, get a pellet stove with an out the wall power vent. No chimney needed. Buy pellets in the summertime when they're $180 a pallet.

All?

If chimney height is a problem, get a pellet stove with an out the wall power vent. No chimney needed. Buy pellets in the summertime when they're $180 a pallet.

Yup!

Thought of that too.

There are a couple of problems there. One, the walls are 18-24" of stone. Two, I already have two industrial heaters (the kind that hang from the ceiling) and the cost to have them installed and getting a tank to feed them makes more sense than a pellet stove which would have a hard time heating such a large,open, space.

One, the walls are 18-24" of stone.

I'm thinking, Camino engine hooked up to a boring bit..... 30 seconds at 3,500 rpm.... done.

but seriously.... if you're going to powervent it, you can still go up and out one floor up. if I recall, the second story is wood, yes?

Sounds like you need to have a good old, Amish style, barn furnace raising courtesy of some C&G friends.

I'm thinking, Camino engine hooked up to a boring bit..... 30 seconds at 3,500 rpm.... done.

but seriously.... if you're going to powervent it, you can still go up and out one floor up. if I recall, the second story is wood, yes?

Sounds like you need to have a good old, Amish style, barn furnace raising courtesy of some C&G friends.

Sounds like a party! :thumbsup: