"I said MARCH, young man!"

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My very first new Corolla...

... wit a rental barcode!

:pokeowned: ... but not by a person. :lol:

On my way from VA on Tuesday, a Chevy Nova.

... and on my way back on Thursday, a Mercury Capri with classic plates. :huh:

Two 2008 G8 GTs at my local dealership, one black, the other red. I have to say this to everyone who has heard my previous misgivings: this car is a beauty in its own right.

You don't stay that far from me. I'm gonna have to go out again soon and check the dealerships around here.

Saw a lot of cool stuff being out on the road this past weekend down to New York for the auto show and traveling for Easter:

- 1958 Corvette roadster, white with light blue coves

- late 1960's Jaguar E-type roadster, maroon with tan top

- 1970 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight four door hardtop, pea soup green/rust

- 1980(?) Oldsmobile Cutlass four door HATCHBACK, white/rust with Oldsmobile rally wheels (haven't seen one of these in at least ten years!)

- 1964 Cadillac Coupe DeVille convertible, white with black top

- the mintest 1975-1979 Cadillac Seville I've ever seen in my life, white

- two Bentley Continental GT's in traffic in Manhattan; a perfect black one and a red one that looked like it had never been washed

my first Equinox Sport

and theres been this rusting/rotting car in the woods i dirtbike in for a year or two, i never gave it a close look until today.. its burnt to the ground, but i identified it as a cool Buick Skyhawk.... too bad theres no parts i can take off it :(

i kinda want one now!

79RoadHawkbackright.jpg

There was an early Fifties Chevrolet wrecker driving by the Winchester Taco Bell today. Yes, it was exactly like someone had made Tow-Mater a reality (except it didn't have a missing hood).

I also got to see a brand new G8 on the back of a car carrier headed to Adams Pontiac in Richmond. It was a very sexy car, indeed.

Loaded Lucerne CXS.....

I was at my local car wash, and since I live in yuppie-land, the usual cars being attended to are your usual BMWs, Benzs, Land Rovers, Lexus', SUVs and pickups of all sorts.....so I was excited to see a new Lucerne CXS being cleaned up and wiped down.

It was loaded, pearl white, beige interior, chromes, etc.....

Being this is Orange County, CA., I was excited to see one of GM's latest entries, NOT a rental, being attended to amongst all the highline imports. And it actually looked good....like it fit in...!

I started scanning the crowd of people waiting for their cars to see if I could guess which business man, or young professional would claim the Buick once it was done.

Then.....my head just dropped.

This guy that looked like he was 80 years-old or more walked up, got in it (slowly and deliberately) and drove off. On the back, to make matters worse, was a "handicap" license plate.....

:unsure:

While out to lunch today, I saw Denver Broncos footballer Champ Bailey at a BBQ place near my office...he had a goregous silver green Aston Martin DB9 convertible, w/ the top down.

I saw a gold '08 CTS in my office parking lot, parked next to a bronze Enclave.

I got to race an SVT Focus at lunch too. I was playing around hoping for him to punch it. Well, I calmed down and he came flying up from behind me (prob going about 55 or so) so I took off, got a car on him and let off. I thought they were quicker than that!

I got to race an SVT Focus at lunch too. I was playing around hoping for him to punch it. Well, I calmed down and he came flying up from behind me (prob going about 55 or so) so I took off, got a car on him and let off. I thought they were quicker than that!

I had an SVT Focus for about a year......one of the best-driving cars I've ever had.

But remember it only had 170hp (similar to today's Cobalt Sport) and I think most car rags had it going 0-60 in 7.5secs or so.

But I can tell you, the car was extremely sweet-revving, had a great clutch and shifter, and was a handling demon with it's chassis/suspension/tire setup......but it wasn't a rocket....although pretty competitive in the day (no Neon SRTs, SC Cobalts, or MazdaSpeed3s back then.)

I did waste a V6 Contour SVT one time on the I-10.......

A swarm of Lincoln MKSs with a Ford F150 support vehicle in a rather interesting yellow/gold color.

Also, at a separate time, a swarm of vehicles with cladding that I am still trying to figure out what they are based on my cell phone pics.

Edited by Olds Guy

I saw a Dodge Nitro with an M-Plate on it with a Diesel in it. It had the CRD badge on the back and when I got up next to it at the light you could hear the faint sound of that distinct dieselness. Very sweet, this looks promising for Chrysler.

A swarm of Lincoln MKSs with a Ford F150 support vehicle in a rather interesting yellow/gold color.

Also, at a separate time, a swarm of vehicles with cladding that I am still trying to figure out what they are based on my cell phone pics.

That's funny, I saw those MKSs too....I saw two of those with a white F-150 though....

On the way home, I saw a gorgeous silver '62 Impala 2-door hardtop, followed by a green Geo Metro with a Mercedes "V12" emblem affixed to the hatch.

I also saw a couple new Matrices, one was a base model and the other was an "S." Both were ugly.

My neighbor's 1970 Pontiac LeMans.

Oh, yes, the G8 at Adams Pontiac in Richmond I mentioned a page or two back, there was a small group of 5 people looking at it today as I passed by the dealership. It has only been there for two days! Wonder what that could mean? :scratchchin: :AH-HA_wink:

Went to the Denver Auto Show yesterday...they had an orange production Challenger rotating on display, and a black G8 rotating..couldn't get into either or get up too close..

The MKS was there also, rotating...it has strange proportions...very thick vertically in the midsection and rear...

Edited by moltar

Aston Martin V8 Vantage Roadster :drool:

Sweet...I saw a green DB9 roadster last week (Broncos player Champ Bailey's ride). There were several AMs at the Denver Auto Show yesterday--white V8 Vantage roadster, gray V8 Vantage coupe, silver DB9 coupe...

Sweet...I saw a green DB9 roadster last week (Broncos player Champ Bailey's ride). There were several AMs at the Denver Auto Show yesterday--white V8 Vantage roadster, gray V8 Vantage coupe, silver DB9 coupe...

I was out for dinner with a friend last week and there was a V8 and a 911 in the parking lot. IMO the Aston blows the 911 and pretty much everything else out of the water in style and charm.

driving up to a meet in Ann Arbor... came across a white 09 MKS being tested... looks pretty fantastic if you ask me... got pictures too!

lincolnfront.jpg

lincolnback.jpg

driving up to a meet in Ann Arbor... came across a white 09 MKS being tested... looks pretty fantastic if you ask me... got pictures too!

That's hot. Even the clear lights on the white exterior.

Fitting this in... I saw an 09 Corolla on my way back from Virginia yesterday. I had to explain the differences to my wife, who is not at all a car person. I predict a lot of people going "what's new about it?" when they see it in person.

Oh yeah, a navy blue Pontiac GTO.

Edited by Lamar

That's hot. Even the clear lights on the white exterior.

Fitting this in... I saw an 09 Corolla on my way back from Virginia yesterday. I had to explain the differences to my wife, who is not at all a car person. I predict a lot of people going "what's new about it?" when they see it in person.

Speaking of the new Corolla, my TiVo downloaded some advert program titled 'Live The Dream with the All-New Corolla'... I don't think I will..