Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NOS2006

Monte Carlo

26 posts in this topic

Let's see... I turned the engine 90*, took the Stratus look out of it, and fixed everything I saw that was wrong with it. How'd I do?

Original:

20071117163836200607cheha7.jpg

Chop:

montecarlojpggb9.jpg

You know, I was starting to warm up to the newest "Monte Carlo." After chopping this and looking back at the original, I can't stand it again.

I'm workin' on polishing up my skills. :smilewide:

That's nice! Much better! Great work NOSSY!

Red.

I like what you did with the lower fascia, but not the headlight. They look even more "Stratus" to me.

The front end looks great,I really like what you did with it. I don't like the roofline though...something about it is off to me. Maybe it's too squashed with too little metal above the glass...also the rear wheel looks like the suspension collapsed. I think maybe trying to chop some mid-section out might help too. Needs some work but definitely the right direction. :thumbsup:

Looks Sweet... But Montes need a B-Pillar...

Looks Sweet... But Montes need a B-Pillar...

Coming from someone who has been brainwashed by W-Bodies. You poor soul! :P

monte%20carlo.JPG

Edited by Dodgefan

Well, the most memorable Montes (read G-Bodies) weren't hardtops, and if you ask the average Joe to picture a "Monte Carlo", that's the one they see.

Well, the most memorable Montes (read G-Bodies) weren't hardtops, and if you ask the average Joe to picture a "Monte Carlo", that's the one they see.

How does the Average Joe respond when you tell him to pick out the hardtop out of a group? Better yet, would he even know where the B-Pillar is on a car?

How does the Average Joe respond when you tell him to pick out the hardtop out of a group? Better yet, would he even know where the B-Pillar is on a car?

Funny you should say that. I posted the Sebring coupe chop I made on Dodgetalk and someone got into an argument with me over the Ci-pillar not lineing up with the door. I told hime it's a hardtop there is no need. He went on to talk about how it doesn't look like it could fold. He thought when I said hardtop I meant Vert. :P

Let's see... I turned the engine 90*, took the Stratus look out of it, and fixed everything I saw that was wrong with it. How'd I do?

Good ... if your chop is RWD ;). he he

I do like what you did ... and, I still kinda like the '06-'07 refresh. But, needs RWD.

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve&pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"I'm feeling more alone than I ever have before" ... Ben Folds 5 ... 'Brick'

That very much depends on the length of "Average Joe's" memory.

I like what you did with the lower fascia, but not the headlight. They look even more "Stratus" to me.

Really?

They look infinitely better than the originals to me.

They look like stretched G8 headlights, and I don't like those at all.

I also agree about the roof; it looks like it drops too soon after the windshield.

The front end looks great,I really like what you did with it. I don't like the roofline though...something about it is off to me. Maybe it's too squashed with too little metal above the glass...also the rear wheel looks like the suspension collapsed. I think maybe trying to chop some mid-section out might help too. Needs some work but definitely the right direction. :thumbsup:

Yeah, I think you're just right about the roof. It's far too thinned out toward the back there.

The roofline needs a tiny tweak. Other than that, it looks a thousand times better than the homely, bug-eyed, original.

Thanks, Camino! :smilewide:

Don't thank me, you did a great job. You made me like a car I've hated for years.

Hey Nos, when I said "red", I meant it looks good. Just bring the top of your glass down a bit and lessen the "drop" to the roof toward the back and it's 100%.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0