Boys Beware!

This is a short film that showed in 1959.. I heard it on the radio this morning and it's just absolutely hilarious how ridiculous their views were back then on homosexuality. This isn't being posted to offend anybody, but rather to look at a completely different culture from 50 years ago and how they viewed this "sickness."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fi0HbrhM2hg&NR=1

This is a short film that showed in 1959.. I heard it on the radio this morning and it's just absolutely hilarious how ridiculous their views were back then on homosexuality. This isn't being posted to offend anybody, but rather to look at a completely different culture from 50 years ago and how they viewed this "sickness."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fi0HbrhM2hg&NR=1

:huh:

I love it how they are protraying "homosexuals" as nothing but pedofiles.....

How twisted times were back then. The sad thing is, even with how times overall have changed for the better, there are still a fringe out there that still feel the same way....that us gay boys (and girls) are sick or mentally ill, or sexual "deviants."

:rotflmao: I'm not Jimmy, man. I know you hang out in bathrooms... :P

Well.....my BF may be 11 years younger than I (26 vs. 37) I'm not THAT bad of a cradle-robber......

LOL

(Although there are some tantalizing pics of BV I've seen floating around.....I might have to reconsider......)

:P

Edited by The O.C.

I'm sure that other than the going from B&W to color, that mentality still exists in the Bible Belt today w/ the social conservatives..

Oh, it definitely does. And what's really sickening is that the whole "they're coming to prey on your little boys" rhetoric is no different than the "they're coming to prey on your daughters and wives" rhetoric that was used to justify lynchings of black men in the old South. Bigotry is disturbingly resilient and adaptable to changing times.

Oh, it definitely does. And what's really sickening is that the whole "they're coming to prey on your little boys" rhetoric is no different than the "they're coming to prey on your daughters and wives" rhetoric that was used to justify lynchings of black men in the old South. Bigotry is disturbingly resilient and adaptable to changing times.

Bigotry is far more widespread than you may think, most Americans are just afraid of being labeled as intolerants... Their true views still shine through the masks they wear though.

I remember reading one case about racism. There were 3 groups of white people, the non-racist, the ones who said they weren't racist (basically racists in denial to be PC), and racists. Individuals in these groups were paired up with black people to solve some problem. Unsurprisingly the non-racists worked the best with them and had the fastest finishing time. Then, oddly, the racists had the 2nd best while the ones claiming they weren't racist (but really were) had by far the slowest time to completion.

I thought this was a really odd study, and it sorta surprised me, i don't remember the reason they gave for the racists working faster, but i think it had something to do with basically saying that "yeah I'm a racist... and we got a job to do so lets do it" whereas the ones who claimed they weren't were subliminally giving racist intents which dampened their efforts. Even more unfortunately is the 2nd group is a quite large group.

Anywho... amongst a lot of the hard-core religious types, homophobia is still quite alive.

Edited by Teh Ricer Civic!

What, fag? :P

Absolutely kidding, man, and you know it!

*hoping I didn't go too far..*

Cutie little NOS-y NOS-NOS.....(j/k)

Didn't you watch Enzora's youtube video? That's where the "dude, dude, dude" came from.

Watch it and you'll understand.

And no....you could never go too far.....don't worry....be happy.....

Bigotry is far more widespread than you may think, most Americans are just afraid of being labeled as intolerants... Their true views still shine through the masks they wear though.

I remember reading one case about racism. There were 3 groups of white people, the non-racist, the ones who said they weren't racist (basically racists in denial to be PC), and racists. Individuals in these groups were paired up with black people to solve some problem. Unsurprisingly the non-racists worked the best with them and had the fastest finishing time. Then, oddly, the racists had the 2nd best while the ones claiming they weren't racist (but really were) had by far the slowest time to completion.

I thought this was a really odd study, and it sorta surprised me, i don't remember the reason they gave for the racists working faster, but i think it had something to do with basically saying that "yeah I'm a racist... and we got a job to do so lets do it" whereas the ones who claimed they weren't were subliminally giving racist intents which dampened their efforts. Even more unfortunately is the 2nd group is a quite large group.

Anywho... amongst a lot of the hard-core religious types, homophobia is still quite alive.

It's funny.....I do agree that there are areas of the country where homosexuality is still not totally "accepted" but I have gotten jaded by how accepting people are here out on the west coast.

My CFO and other co-workers in our Minnesota office all knew I was gay.....and I never had a single problem....in fact they were all almost overly-accepting and saw it as "no big deal."

So maybe "tolerance" is gaining more and more of a foothold.

buttsecks.jpg

:cheers:

NOS....I'm so glad guys of your age today are SO much more accepting and so "I don't give a f@#k" about the whole gay thing. You guys, at your young age, are so much more mature about the whole thing....it gives me hope for the future.

My friend's sons, 19 and 17, are the same way. They could care less.

I've noticed this as a BIG trend. It's really the older, far-right conservative folk that still try to keep the paranoia alive.....

Hey NOS, Mrs. PCS got a compliment from another C&G member yesterday that actually made her blush, I wont tell you who it was, because as you know, I never kiss and tell, however I think you may have some competition. :smilewide:

$5 says he's gay anyway... :P

Well the battle is on, but only I know how truly beautiful she is... :AH-HA_wink:

Edited by NOS2006

:cheers:

NOS....I'm so glad guys of your age today are SO much more accepting and so "I don't give a f@#k" about the whole gay thing. You guys, at your young age, are so much more mature about the whole thing....it gives me hope for the future.

My friend's sons, 19 and 17, are the same way. They could care less.

I've noticed this as a BIG trend. It's really the older, far-right conservative folk that still try to keep the paranoia alive.....

Well there's still a huge mix in my age. I have a few fraternity brothers who are completely anti-gay. Some are complete homophobes. I really don't mind it, until they start calling me gay, which is fine for a little while when they're kidding, but when they start getting serious about it is when I get pissed. But really, I think they don't understand. I'd probably be the same way had I not been a part of this fine institution the last few years.

Well there's still a huge mix in my age. I have a few fraternity brothers who are completely anti-gay. Some are complete homophobes. I really don't mind it, until they start calling me gay, which is fine for a little while when they're kidding, but when they start getting serious about it is when I get pissed. But really, I think they don't understand. I'd probably be the same way had I not been a part of this fine institution the last few years.

I've met you in person (if for a short time) and I don't see a single thing "gay" about you.....looks or mannerisms......so why do they give you $h!?

(edit: Maybe it's the "pretty-boy" thing you have goin' on.....is that why? And I say that with only the nicest compliments to you in mind......Kettering/GMI was never known for having the hottest student body, men or woman....LOL....)

Edited by The O.C.

:lol: I have no idea. A lot of people give me $h! with that stuff and I have no idea why. Most of them are joking, but I get it from all angles. Even the guys on here screw around and tell me to "come out" once in awhile haha.

:lol: I have no idea. A lot of people give me $h! with that stuff and I have no idea why. Most of them are joking, but I get it from all angles. Even the guys on here screw around and tell me to "come out" once in awhile haha.

No dude....ur totally "straight".....LOL.....see my edit to my post above about the "pretty boy" thing......

I have the opposite problem....it's tough to meet people to date because most people think I'm straight when they meet me. I can't even cruise a hot guy in the mall or at the beach because I give off too much of a straight "vibe".....

LOL

<_<

haha Sucks for you! I do think it's because of how I look though. I came to KU wearing popped collars and ripped jeans haha. Now I wear more casual "I don't give a &#036;h&#33;" stuff and hardly do my hair at school. But why would I? There aren't any hot girls lol.

haha Sucks for you! I do think it's because of how I look though. I came to KU wearing popped collars and ripped jeans haha. Now I wear more casual "I don't give a &#036;h&#33;" stuff and hardly do my hair at school. But why would I? There aren't any hot girls lol.

Yeah....well, that "straight boy" "I don't give a &#036;h&#33; how I look" look is prolly attracting the gay boys to you at KU......LOL.....

Yeah....I remember the hot girls were few and far between at KU.....and the one's that WERE good looking.....KNEW IT....and worked it....to excess.......

The other night my BF turned to me and called me a pedophile. I said, 'that's a very big word for a 12 year old.' :lol:

Actually, he's 38.

I loved the film. All those old educational movies were a hoot. Some of them were still around when I was in grade school in the late '60s.

It does have a very good message, though: pederasts drive Fords and the good guys drive Chevrolets.

(And I really do wish the media and authorities would get the terminology straight: a pedophile is someone who seeks sex with a pre-pubescent individual. These were not children who were being stalked.)

Agreed. And those who claim to be doing "God's work" are the least educated on homosexuality and what the Bible says about it. Here's a nice example that should all be fresh in our minds:

heathpicket.jpg

I made just as many Brokeback Mountain jokes as the next guy did, but this is just absolutely retarded. First of all, they're going after a heterosexual male who portrayed somebody gay in a movie. Second of all, what the f@#k bible do they read that says "God hates Fags & Fag Enablers," because I've checked all three of mine and haven't found it. New edition, maybe?

I'm sure God is up in Heaven smiling over all of this :banghead:

I didn't bother watching the videos (my machine still has no sound), but I imagine that they had all of the logic of "Refer Madness". That bit of propaganda genius still cracks me up to this day. Some people have a twisted sense of what to be afraid of, and others a twisted sense of how to inspire that fear.

reminds me of the clips they show on the simpsons (featuring troy mcclure, of course). that clip is terrible.. glad things have changed for the better.

I'd top that boy in a second...

Kidding. The video, while funny, is a little bit disturbing...

Edited by jcgable