Chris_Doane

I drive the A6

5 posts in this topic

SHAMELESS SELF-PROMOTION!

Do you think (or know if) the exterior design issues you mentioned will be addressed in the upcoming refresh?

Thanks for posting this.

Chris

The only part I disagree with in the review is the exterior design comments. Although I do like the looks of it, I do understand how some people can dislike it. However, most dislike the somewhat-unusual front radiator grille. The new A4 has a short, R8-inspired grille and that will most likely be adapted to the next A6.

I have a 1998 A4 Avant 2.8L V6, and it displays just about all of the quirks and such that the A6 you reviewed did. I was really surprised how it actually performs better than the numbers suggest. My V6 only makes about 190 bhp, compared to your 255 bhp, but it is actually much more capable than you'd suspect. I think that it is because the torque is higher further down than most V6s of comparable power, but that is just speculation on my part. My A4 sadly, is only FWD (whoever checked off the boxes for an Avant V6 without Quattro clearly must have been insane). That said, even FWD is surprisingly capable at rounding corners and getting through curves fast. Overall Audi's are very nice cars and though they may not be for everyone, I think that prospective buyers should always take one for a spin before dismissing it.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor