Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Intrepidation

Which Profile Design do you prefer?

Design Preference   24 members have voted

1. 1. Which ones do you like better?

• V1
    • V2

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

38 posts in this topic

So as I was preparing the profile drawing for use with Maya (which requires vector rendering it) I modified the original design. I made it longer to accommodate four doors, and changed the side and rear end detailing. Which do you guys like better? I think I like V2 myself, as V1 has a bit of a Cadillac look to the back. Suggestions are also welcome.

Also, from the other thread, now that there's some visual aids up, if anyone has suggestions for a company/car name that'd be great!

Profile.jpg

Also, this is the original for the sake of showing the design process.

ProfileScan.jpg

Hope you guys are read/don't mind, because there's gonna be a lot of postings from now until May, which will end with fully rendered 3D models. 8)

Edited by Dodgefan

Version one seems to have a slightly better flow than Version two, but version one lacks originality. Version two is definitely the stronger out of the two. Version two's aggressive fender flares are a must.

As for a company/ car name, how about ... Maya Vector? :smilewide:

I'll think of something a little more creative later. :AH-HA_wink:

Copyright problems aside...

"Major Brand" has always been a favorite company name of mine. Unfortunately there actually exists that company.

so how about... Bay Automotive Corp. or BAC for short ^_^

Version2 is more evolved - so it got my vote.

Didn't like my suggestion for the company name in the other thread?

Would you be against resurrecting a dead nameplate, by any chance, for the company name?

It has to be an original name as per the criteria of the project.

Version2 is more evolved - so it got my vote.

Didn't like my suggestion for the company name in the other thread?

Atlantic is the name of a junkyard near the school. :lol:

I like the 'Maya' name.

Maya is the name of the 3D software I am going to model it in...I wonder if I could get away with it. Keep the thoughts coming!

Vector's already taken.

Maybe some name that sounds benign, but when applied to something cool sounds totally badass?

Or how about Mass Driver?

You could also name it after yourself, like DeLorean, Bricklin, and Tucker did :P

do they pay any attention to videogame car manufacturers? the new game for ps3 burnout paradise has some interesting car manufacturer and car names.

Company names:
  • Antares (Used on an Olds concept, so ...)
  • Inca (If not Maya ... :smilewide: )
  • Marlin (Eh, maybe not.)
  • Thema (Just drawing names at random.)
  • Prisma (Looking at a pack of colored pencils I use.)
  • Atria (Name of a star; combination of alpha and triangle.)
  • Atlas (Name of a star; a Greek god.)
  • Mira (Another star; Latin for "wonderful." Sounds a little too much like Mura, though.)
  • Apollo (Space/stars/whatever. I used to use this name for whenever I wanted to experiment with designs that would not be tied to a certain automaker.)
Model names:
  • Orbit (Comes from the whole star thing above. It's used on gum, so might want to skip over this one, sadly.)
  • Orca (Was a name used on some obscure Pinninfarina concept car, I think. Or maybe Ital. Don't remember.)
  • Chronos (Eh, it was used on a Chrysler ...)
  • Nautilus (Again, I think this name was used on some forgotten Italdesign or Pinninfarina concept.)
  • Chara (A star; it's Greek for "joy.")
  • Merga (A star; Latin for "reaping hook." Thought that sounded cool.)
  • Polaris (Again, a star. There's an ATV company that uses this name, though.)
If that doesn't do the trick, I can dig up some more suggestions. Feel free to use suggestions from one list for the other and vice versa. :) Edited by YellowJacket894

I like the Atlas name, although I'd almost use it as the Car's name instead. Keep `em coming!

C5 Z06 rims? :)

Yep, I was looking for a good reference photo of the C6 Z06 wheels (I love those) but these looked quite nice too, so I went with them.

Hmm... Version one plus version two's rear fascia and a totally new lower side treatment is what I'd pick.

As for names... *Remembering his old brands and models from the time before C&G* Vortex, Rager, Aleo, Zinc, Arkon, Jenko, Ratonek, Kinzua, Aerone, Kronon, Trilek, Hypact... That's only a small portion of names I created or used. I was a very creative kid, what can I say. :P

Argon...

This is also a good way to keep track of mental notes when random names fly into my own head!

If you want a to impart a luxury feel name it after distinctive or affluent places, like:

Valley Forge (I dunno why)

Canberra

LaScala (was a Seville concept)

etc.

But it looks more like a sporty car, so you'd probably want something more intimidating or aggressive:

Ghost

Phantom

Banshee

Spectre

Seraph

Scorpion

Anaconda

Raptor

Velocity

Savage

Vengence

etc.

what about Vendetta as the car name?

Terminal. Velocity. :lol:

I'll soon post more drawings...just fair warning! Haven't settled on a name yet though...so keep `em coming. If I coose someone's idea you get a free cookie for your browser...get it? I crack me up. :P

Edited by Dodgefan

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room