Diesel prices are absurd

:P

I know I'm not part of the fat ass population. I might eat like a fat ass (two burger minimum every time I visit a burger joint), but I only weigh a scant 165 pounds dripping wet. I take great pride in my metabolism. :smilewide:

I have a friend like you. He's 'cut' as hell and eats everything in site.

Makes me so jealous :D

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/brain_diesel_dc

Diesel fumes can affect your brain, scientists say

Diesel fumes can affect your brain, scientists say Mon Mar 10, 8:04 PM ET

Inhaling diesel exhaust triggers a stress response in the brain that may have damaging long-term effects on brain function, Dutch researchers said on Tuesday.

Previous studies have found very small particles of soot, or nanoparticles, are able to travel from the nose and lodge in the brain. But this is the first time researchers have demonstrated a change in brain activity.

"We can only speculate what these effects may mean for the chronic exposure to air pollution encountered in busy cities where the levels of such soot particles can be very high," said lead researcher Paul Borm from Zuyd University.

"It is conceivable that the long-term effects of exposure to traffic nanoparticles may interfere with normal brain function and information processing."

Borm and his team put 10 volunteers in a room filled with exhaust from a diesel engine for one hour and monitored their brain waves with an electroencephalograph (EEG). The level of fumes was similar to that found on a busy road or in a garage.

After about 30 minutes, brain wave patterns displayed a stress response, suggesting changes in information processing in the brain cortex.

Further research is needed to determine the clinical effect of this stress and whether it has any long-term impact on verbal and non-verbal intelligence or memory abilities.

Still, the result appears to be another black mark for nanoparticles found in traffic fumes, which have already been linked with increased rates of respiratory and cardiovascular disease.

The study was published in the journal Particle and Fibre Toxicology and is available online at http://www.particleandfibretoxicology.com/

(Reporting by Ben Hirschler; Editing by Jon Boyle)

$3.91 in Woodinville washington, good thing for converting to Veggi Power. Nice and Cheap to buy your oil from Costco and fill it up. Always funny to see peoples expression when they see you pour cooking oil into your gas tank. :P

Edited by dfelt

$3.91 in Woodinville washington, good thing for converting to Veggi Power. Nice and Cheap to buy your oil from Costco and fill it up. Always funny to see peoples expression when they see you pour cooking oil into your gas tank. :P

Won't work in common-rail, modern diesels like my Duramax - yet.

I will do this asap when it becomes realistic to do.

Just be glad the Duramax has decent fuel economy for a fullsize truck. I've often thought it would be cool to build a medium sized truck like a Colorado/Canyon with a diesel.

Chris

Diesel fumes can affect your brain, scientists say

No $h!. Jeez, it only took them 70 years longer to figure out the same thing the Einsatzgruppen in Nazi Germany figured out when they used to route their truck exhaust into the cargo boxes full of people on the back, creating mobile gas chambers.

No wonder we pay scientists so much money!

Now there's a visual I didn't need. My eyes, my eyes, what happened to my god damn eyes! :P

Oh, they're ... 'round. :P

I have a friend like you. He's 'cut' as hell and eats everything in site.

Makes me so jealous :D

I just came back from Taco Bell. Grande Meal and a Mexican Pizza, oh so good. Still not over 165. :D

That was me until about age 40, still not what you'd call fat.

I am certainly thankful for the metabolism and genetics that allowed for it.

I thank my father's side of the family for it quite graciously. :yes:

Ugh, in the best state in the Union for fuel prices and I'm sitting on a quarter tank and looking at 3.99 diesel price at the cheapest station around.

Talked to a guy with a beautiful brand new Sierra (crew cab 1500 4x4, black), said he had the 5.3 and tho he only gets around 14 around town, said he does a lot of highway driving out of state and gets 24-26 over the road (cylinder deactivation). That's fantastic for a full-size, 6-pass 4x4 truck.