Gas Prices in the USA to rise 30 cents a gallon in the next 30 days

Around $3.05 a gallon for regular and $3.25 for "hi-test" as my parents call it here in my neck of the woods.

Am I worried about a thirty cent price hike? No, actually. Am I pissed off at the sound of it? You bet I am.

My :twocents: right there.

Edited by YellowJacket894

About $4.20 a U.S. gallon. Get used to it.

Meh...prices always rise in the spring in time for the summer.. I think I paid $3.05 for 85 last week.

In all 24+ years of living, I have NEVER seen 85 octane gas. I bet it would make my engine(s) blow up. :P

Oh yeah, um... today I saw between 3.24-3.27 for regular and 3.45-3.49 for premium. (I use plus.)

In all 24+ years of living, I have NEVER seen 85 octane gas. I bet it would make my engine(s) blow up. :P

Oh yeah, um... today I saw between 3.24-3.27 for regular and 3.45-3.49 for premium. (I use plus.)

Yeah, here in Colorado, the octanes are 85, 87, and 91..... lower octanes because of the altitude.

About $4.20 a U.S. gallon. Get used to it.

Try six bucks a gallon and then maybe I'll be totally serious about buying, oh I don't know, a four-cylinder 3-Series coupe.

Sorry, a ForTwo ain't gonna wind up in this old kid's driveway. Maybe if gas cost fifteen bucks a gallon. -_-

Edited by YellowJacket894

Try six bucks a gallon and then maybe I'll be totally serious about buying, oh I don't know, a four-cylinder 3-Series coupe.

Sorry, a ForTwo ain't gonna wind up in this old kid's driveway. Maybe if gas cost fifteen bucks a gallon. -_-

Maybe, maybe not. Our gas prices have typically run about 25% higher than yours for decades now, which is why perennial best sellers here have been the Caravan, Civic, J-cars and not the Impala, Tahoe, etc. People's habits and priorities do change. Each incremental increase of $1 a gallon will make a lot of people think. I only spend about $120 a month in fuel, but then I only drive about 600 miles a month. For many commuters, a $1 a gallon increase in price could wipe another $100 a month out of the family budget. Then it would hardly make sense to drive an Explorer to work when a Focus would do.

Our middle-class friends in Brazil do quite well with the small Fiats and Corsas. It is amazing how people's energy use changes when the costs are ratcheted upward. Even in luxury condos in Sao Paulo, interior lights are on motion- sensors and a/c is a rarity.

LETS ALL PANIC ABOUT GAS PRICES!!!! AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Glad I already drive a compact & get 30-40mpg. :) Though driving the 'burban on occasion will hurt a little more if things go up. Oh well, we're still paying less than many other places.

OK if my math is correct, then that means I now have to average 23.8 MPG instead of 22 MPG to maintain my $/mi cost.

Premium is about $3.65-3.75 here; it seems to have gone down these past few days.

Edited by empowah

Find a viable alternative, or let the entire America not drive for a week, or open the pants and take it in the cinnamon ring.

There's that phrase again :lol:

But yeah, $h! like this is why we need to embrace alternative fuels like yesterday.

On CNN Europe they just reported that the cost at the pump will rise 30 cents a gallon in the USA, in the next 30 days. What are you paying at the pump there now, for regular and premium? :scratchchin:

Every time you've posted about gas prices, it turned out to be false speculation. Gas never did hit $4 per gallon, or even $3.50 per gallon like the speculation you posted a while ago said would happen. Gas has still yet to hit the level it was at 2 years ago around here. I'm not too worried.

However, gas would need to be $.50 a gallon to justify the fuel economy of the Cutlass. :P

Every time you've posted about gas prices, it turned out to be false speculation. Gas never did hit $4 per gallon, or even $3.50 per gallon like the speculation you posted a while ago said would happen. Gas has still yet to hit the level it was at 2 years ago around here. I'm not too worried.

However, gas would need to be $.50 a gallon to justify the fuel economy of the Cutlass. :P

I asked George Bush to hold off raising gas prices until the G8 got here! :AH-HA_wink:

Currently:

$3.17 for regular and around $3.30 for premium.

10 days ago when I came home for spring break it was $2.99 for regular. Of course, that was right on the SC line and it's always hella expensive comparatively here in the mountains.

The gas station around the corner went up to $3.25/gallon a few days ago. At the same time, the cheapest place in town dropped to $3.17.

It'll go bust soon IMO. Our economy can't sustain greed like this and what goes up must come down in economics. Is it going to come down a lot, probably not, but it'll come back down eventually.

+1 on the "I don't care" front here...

I have my Focus that I can get 35MPG out of all day long. The V8's hardly drive 500 miles per year. :shrugs:

And if I can afford gas now on the money I make as a broke college student, then I'm certainly not worried about it once I get out.

Edited by FUTURE_OF_GM

Currently:

$3.17 for regular and around $3.30 for premium.

10 days ago when I came home for spring break it was $2.99 for regular. Of course, that was right on the SC line and it's always hella expensive comparatively here in the mountains.

The gas station around the corner went up to $3.25/gallon a few days ago. At the same time, the cheapest place in town dropped to $3.17.

It'll go bust soon IMO. Our economy can't sustain greed like this and what goes up must come down in economics. Is it going to come down a lot, probably not, but it'll come back down eventually.

+1 on the "I don't care" front here...

I have my Focus that I can get 35MPG out of all day long. The V8's hardly drive 500 miles per year. :shrugs:

And if I can afford gas now on the money I make as a broke college student, then I'm certainly not worried about it once I get out.

Sadly, I don't think that they will go down....way too much money to be made here...

I haven't ridden one since I was eleven years-old. But, you know, at least every bicycle I've ridden was rear-drive. :P

For those of us in "Snow country", we'd have to find AWD or FWD bicycles. :AH-HA_wink:

In fact, I'd probably want to have a bike with a strong "B-pillar" for rollover safety. :rolleyes:

OPEC & the powers that be are getting so damn greedy it's just sickening!

Last night I fueled up the Banana Boat with 87-octane @ $3.05/gal.

Premium was $3.27/gal. (don't recollect mid-grade). This is about average

around here for the past few months, but just last week I payed $3.29/gal.

for regular at a local Exxon.

This kind of abuse is disgusting... all this B.S. talk of how expensive it is

getting to find/drill/transport oil and India's/China's growing thirst for gas

etc... The fact is OIL COMPANIES ARE POSTING RECORD PROFITS!!!

I swear they would be making a killing @ $1.99/gallon.

That would still be more (after inflation) than it was prior to 2004.

people in georgia must have it worse than us then, the 1st shift supervisor that works in my department at the hospital says she has been getting gas in sc before she heads home cause its almost 10-15 cents more in GA... it used to be the other way around for a while

Maybe, maybe not. Our gas prices have typically run about 25% higher than yours for decades now, which is why perennial best sellers here have been the Caravan, Civic, J-cars and not the Impala, Tahoe, etc. People's habits and priorities do change. Each incremental increase of $1 a gallon will make a lot of people think. I only spend about $120 a month in fuel, but then I only drive about 600 miles a month. For many commuters, a $1 a gallon increase in price could wipe another $100 a month out of the family budget. Then it would hardly make sense to drive an Explorer to work when a Focus would do.

Our middle-class friends in Brazil do quite well with the small Fiats and Corsas. It is amazing how people's energy use changes when the costs are ratcheted upward. Even in luxury condos in Sao Paulo, interior lights are on motion- sensors and a/c is a rarity.

Hell, I drive 600 miles a week...plus what the Mrs. drives...

You betcha I'd take a Focus over a Tahoe.

Chris

I asked George Bush to hold off raising gas prices until the G8 got here! :AH-HA_wink:

Seems as though he failed at that, just like a bunch of other things during his admin...

Chris

Actually, I am kind of glad in a way to see it. We won't see conservation and other energy ideas used unless there is an economic reason to do so.

Paying $4.25 a gallon for gas in July...painfull..

Showing the raised center finger to both the Arabs and the Oil companies...priceless.

Chris

Yeah well you're in NY, it's always higher there. Where you been Delta Force, haven't seen you much, you OK? Glad to see your back buddy.

Doing good, just busy playing Warrock ( which has taken over my life at this point) :lol:

Getting back to topic, I already drive a lot less then I used to, I've probably only put 2,500 miles on my car in the last few months, whereas even a year ago I was putting 1,200 miles on my car in a matter of weeks. My '95 Riv has 100,500 miles on it as of last night. I bought it 2 years ago this month with 64K on it. So thats 46K in 2 years time, that is going to change drastically now.

Edited by Delta Force79

Getting back to topic, I already drive a lot less then I used to, I've probably only put 2,500 miles on my car in the last few months, whereas even a year ago I was putting 1,200 miles on my car in a matter of weeks. My '95 Riv has 100,500 miles on it as of last night. I bought it 2 years ago this month with 64K on it. So thats 46K in 2 years time, that is going to change drastically now.

I was in that same boat for a while. Used to go out and just drive, but the rise of gas prices definitely changed that. Of course, now that I have to drive to DC from Baltimore three times a week, I'm back to where I was. :(

i'm sure it will get higher when Jeb gets in. Mccain is no spring chicken.

i'm gonna think about crying uncle when my 500 lease is up this fall. i get 20, and that's good,and I'm happy with it. But the thoughts of an Ecoboost Fusion that might deliver 30+ consistently, I could probably live with for awhile.

the downside to everyone downsizing is it just gives them incentive to jack the prices even more. they just figure out the monthly pain threshold of the US consumer and adjust the per gallon price to demand, and rake in the bucks. this is why alternative fuels are needed NOW. its the only check and balance against cost control of the oil companies.

Edited by regfootball

I was in that same boat for a while. Used to go out and just drive, but the rise of gas prices definitely changed that. Of course, now that I have to drive to DC from Baltimore three times a week, I'm back to where I was. :(

Oh man...I don't envy your commute.

Last time I filled up, it was $3.099 for 87 at the West Laurel Shell. I haven't driven by there lately, but I imagine it's more than that now.