Car Spotting

Well, it will certainly be a shortened edition due to the downtime of the site, but I thought we should have one anyways. I haven't seen much new stuff recently, but I did see a Subaru B9 Tribeca yesterday. The local dealer also got in a Colorado Xtreme which looked pretty cool.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last night was a real treat on the way to the gym: Yellow C6 convertible and an SSR. Plus a guy set off his alarm trying to get into his C5 convertible. Also saw a new Sonata in the parking lot this morning...not bad looking on the outside. The inside looks laid out well and fits nicely but the plastics on the dash scream cheap from a mile away.

I was lucky enough to see about 45 z06's within the last 3 days haha. No jokes there. Also saw my first white Solstice on the road, the normal Impala's and H3's.

The HHRs are all over the place now. I saw a chopped Nash when taking the little lady to work. Lasdt night over by the comedy club, an early 60s four-door Imperial. It's been a month of a ton of spottings, but most all have been forgotten with all that downtime. I gotta get warmed back up in general for car talk....maybe as more news shows up, things will heat up a little.

Ocnblu, you look different somehow. I can't quite put my finger on it. I saw a white 2006 Imala yesterday. It looked pretty good. I remember hating it when the pictures of it first came out. The front end looks to way too bland. It needs to be redone.

No. He didn't point out the lack of RWD nor post a picture of a Camaro.

[post="127"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Play nice now, Brian....we're beginning anew here.

Let's start some brand new beefs >:)

Imala?  Is that a new fullsize family sedan from China?

I dyed my hair.  You like?

HOLD THE PHONE!  Is this Sixty8?  I'd recognize that spelling anywhere!

[post="121"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

68? Nah, it was me. I posted without logging in first. I'm still trying to figure out the new forum. It's so new fangled!

Looked over a really bitchin '64 Biscayne 4-dr sedan this morning, one that's been sitting since the early '90s. Loaded with manual steering & brakes & a I-6. And rust. Right up until I opened the hood I was positive there'd be a dual-quad 427 underneath. I mean... all the signs were there...

guys, it rocks, my friends fiancee is worth 32.5 mill, he drives the cars, includeing a 460 ferrari, lambos, bentleys, including the continental gt, its sooooo cool, and he got pulled over, check this, fro going 190mph in the 460 ferrari on the 55 mph speed limit highway, and the cop tore up the ticket cuz the car was so nice, that lucky son of a bitch Edited by mute

As far as what I saw which I actually knew what the hell it was: -06 Impala #2 -300C limo #5 -a Ford 500 on 20-something rims!! I guess it was a matter of time. -63/64 Pontiac Grand Prix Plus about a week and change ago, I spotted a red Dodge Spirit R/T.

Hmm...let's see.

Over the last 2 weeks, during my road trip out east, I saw:

* 79 Caddy Sedan DeVille
* 41 Packard
* '86 Pontiac 2+2
* 2 Chevelle Malibu convertibles
* 60s Buick Skylark convertible
* 60s Corvette
* Ford Mustang race car
* 60s Pontiac GTO
* 90s Lincoln Town Car Limosine
* 1972 Chevrolet Monte Carlo (being converted to convertible)
* 68 Impala
* 72 Charger
* 69 Caddy Wagon DeVille
* 41 Pontiac
* 78 Buick Park Avenue
* 70 Monte Carlo (Kevin took me for a ride in this!)
* 59 Caddy Coupe DeVille
* 72 Monte Carlo (being converted to a Coke Machine replica ... Allison's #12 NASCAR)
* 74 Caddy Fleetwood Talisman
* 91 Caddy Alante
* 53 Ford Tractor...Golden Jubilee Edition
* 83 Chevy Silverado (lowered)
* 75 Monte Carlo ... gorgeous orangish ... has been to quite a few NMCOA MC Nationals
* 57 Ford Thunderbird
* 39 Ford Coupe
* 40 Ford Coupe
* 34 Ford 2-door Sedan
* a number of other Monte Carlos, of course ;).

Cort, "Mr Road Trip" / soon2be ex-"Mr MC", 31swm/pig valve/pacer
MCfamily.models.HO.chdQB = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/
MC Guide = http://www.chevyasylum.com/mcspotter/main.html
IL & area MCs = http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/imcog/
MC's future = http://www.projectmonte.com/petition/
"Don't let your life pass you by" ... Sarah McLachlan ... 'I Will Remember You'

About the '06 Grand Vitaras, nah Fly, since all of the pics we've seen so far are of the Japanese market vehicle with their little fender mounted mirrors, and of course our US version doesn't have them, I was just making a stoopid joke.

I ALSO SAW MY FIRST SOLSTICE ON THE ROAD! IT WAS WHITE WITH DELAWARE PLATES AND IT WAS HOT! I ALMOST HIT A PARKED CAR FROM RUBBERNECKING!

whoops, sorry, caps.

So, I went lot loitering this afternoon. The Ford dealership has an awesome '06 Mustang V6 with Pony Package. It's the one with the cool new grille, 17" rims off the GT, and other trim items. Titanium Gray with black... very goodlooking car, and should help sell a lot of six cylinder 'Stangs to guys. Only thing I don't care for is the spoiler... I prefer the clean, low, lightweight looking, stealthy deck of the spoilerless car.

'06 WRX STi and '06 base Impreza sedan. The new front... actually looks good, imo. It's better proportioned than the Tribeca front ned, but even that is growing on me with its Swedish/Italian flavor.

'06 Sierra extended cab, SHORTbed 4X4. I thought, after seeing the pics, it'd look dorky, but, I gotta admit, it doesn't look that much shorter then the 6' bed version. I really don't get the point... unless it is to eventually phase out the regular cab shortbed... which I dread. It's my favorite fullsize truck bodystyle.

I had to stop and stare at the bright red G6 GTP six speed coupe again. Even though I prefer another color, this car with the polished 18s ROCKS. Their silver GTP sedan has a SOLD tag on it already. It's been there less than a week.

Blu, I agree about the new Subaru noses. They grow on a person after seeing them on the street. Very distinctive. I think so many cars have become so safe and vanilla that when a carmaker does something with a bit of flare, it is very polarizing. I saw a new short box regular cab Ford F-150 in the dearlers lot while lot loitering. They have made the reg cab a bit more roomier, there is space behind the seat and a small window beside door. It almost comes across as an extended cab in appearance. It's a very good idea. Saw one of my favorite Impalas today. A 1971 Convertible. I love the rear on these. The little vents on the deck lid. Also sighted a 1970 Ford Torino GT convertible in white with black top with the yellow/orange stripe on the side. I have to admit these were very good looking cars. Edited by HarleyEarl

Karmann Ghias are cool. Thanks Northie. I try to proofread as I'm typing and I try to present a good readable post every time, but sometimes a guy really needs the edit function, for typos, and to complete a thought after the fact.

I have a bright green 1/18th scale one sitting somewhere in my Den. :P As for my spots... Ooh... I have pics to post of when I went to the dealer last week. A new Impy, 06 GP GT, and the placement of the GM badge on a few vehicles. They still didn't have any 06 G6s, though... Anyways, today I saw a Buick Reatta. That is a very rare car. I just saw my first one a few months ago. This being the second time. It is one of the better looking Buicks, too. Maybe it will be in my Underappreciated Buicks thread. :D

About 5 HHRs on the interstate.  Saw a black one in Gatlinburg, TN early last week.

Saw an H3 on Friday.  Great looking SUV.

Seen two B-9 Tribecas.

[post="1765"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Gatlinburg.. isn't that the place with all the stores on the one strip? Or is it the boring old-aged Mountain Town thing? lol

Speaking of the new VUE, I saw a white, top line model yesterday with tan leather on the Saturn lot. I have to say, despite the funky front end, the vehicle looks good. The interior is a nice step up over the Equinox. Haven't seen a Torrent yet, but I suspect it's much closer to Equinox interior wise.

Saw a Solstice on Friday, westbound on the 402, heading towards Sarnia (and, by extension, Michigan). I was eastbound, and I only saw it for a second or so, because I was getting on an off-ramp at the time. For whatever reason, I had my head turned to the left, and I saw it going down the freeway. "There's a Solstice!" I said. "What?" said my Mom, looking to the left. "A Pontiac Solstice", I said, even though it knew that it was already gone and she wouldn't have known what she was looking for, anyway. Like I said, I only saw it for a couple seconds, but I liked what I saw. It was all black, with a black-grey top. The top was partly up; it seemed to be resting on the back of the seats. The overall shape is somewhat like that of a Potato; oblong and somewhat "lumpy". It looks very sleek and organic, but I think I'd prefer the high-tech look of the Sky myself. I appreciate the car for what it is, but it ain't my cup 'o tea. Whew... That's an awful lot of text for about 2 seconds of actually seeing the car, eh?

Majestic Amethyst HHR, 2LT with gray leather and polished 17s. Not my colour, but a cool ride nonetheless.

Yesterday I saw a '71 or '72 Delta 88 convertible with 3 20-something guys in it. Dude. Sweet.

Our local VW dealer has a new Jetta GLI... VW is nuts. $28.9k! WTF? Who in their right mind would buy one of these at that price? I've said it before... VW's march upmarket is a colossal mistake, fueled by the ego of the former head guy over there.