Car Spotting

Got a better look at another 06 Impala going down Crenshaw....from the perspective I was looking at it as I was driving home, its proportions are actually quite sexy and chiseled. Chevy actually didn't do too bad of a job at all....it's like a big car that pretends it isn't....just looks really athletic and light on its feet, yet thick and strong. Makes you wonder what could have been (rear-drive!!) I think it will hold its own with the LXes....

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, well, well... Today was interesting. First I saw a white C3 Vette conv drive by my house. After that, I saw what I think was a 60s Ford Fairlane drive by. I saw a few Nova SS's as well as a first gen black MC. Every one of those were seen from my house... I also traveled to the DCX dealer. I got to finally look at some Chargers up close. I must admit, it is really growing on me. It looks so much better each time I see one. Other than a few details here and there... I like it. Then again... An R/T in Black matallic with a black leather interior, NAV, and rear seat DVD player hit some of my soft spots. Other ones didn't do much for me. While there I also got to look at the updated PT Cruiser. All I really have to say... The HHR is going to tear this thing to shreads. Not only is it the cheesiest update I think I've ever seen, it is out-classed by the HHR in every way. Looks, space, looks, proportions, interior, and did I mention looks?

Hey Vipes, why don't you post a pic of an HHR so Nos knows what you're talking about?

I really like those HHRs, man. A white 2LT with tan leather, polished wheels, running boards, and 2.4L/5 speed, would suit me fine.

For some reason I decided to walk the alleys near my place up to the store... I saw a maybe 65 Fairlane coupe in red with chubby blackwalls and stock hubcaps......down a little further, an '84(?) Pontiac STE..all sad looking....these used to be such nice cars in their day...don't see them around much anymore.

Today I saw a 1928 Ford driving around, looking like it just came from the factory....something so appealing about the basic goodness of that car...uncomplicated. He was driving very spirited, having a great time. Saw a Subaru Outback driven by a 65-70 yearold woman, all the windows down, and the stereo full blast, playing some hiphoppy stuff...I honestly had to chuckle out loud...it defied all the stereotypes.

I saw my first HHR about 30 minutes ago. I didn't get a good look, though, just saw it out of the corner of my eye. It is smaller than you might expect but I think that's thing with gas prices as high as they are. Edited by 4gm

I've yet to see any HHRs on the road, though they look pretty good at the dealer. I just had a thought: what if instead of having a Car Spotting thread every month, we had one for each year? I could edit the original post to be "Car Spotting, 2005 Edition" and then we could start a new one when 2006 comes around. It might be fun to see if we could get to 100 pages in a year, as we've gotten 6 pages in under 2 weeks here.

Well that was some of the reason why I suggested it. I think it'd be cool if we got to 100 pages of car spotting. If you keep up with the thread then it wouldn't really matter how big it got because you'd just read the new posts of the day. Anyways, I don't want to make this into a debate and get off topic, so everyone keep posting what you've spotted. :CG_all:

LA, I care how many GAs I see... So deal with it. :D Speaking of which, I saw a first-gen GA today. It was red and sounded awesome. Too bad it was raining, though. It's still raining. I also saw a black GA like mine. It was bitchen... and had some awesome black/chrome wheels. :wub: :P

LA, I care how many GAs I see... So deal with it. :D

Speaking of which, I saw a first-gen GA today. It was red and sounded awesome. Too bad it was raining, though. It's still raining. I also saw a black GA like mine. It was bitchen... and had some awesome black/chrome wheels. :wub: :P

[post="6817"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Actually saw a black 4-door Grand Am GT today....they still look good. I can see why they sold alot of them. Speaking of GTs....the local dealer now has Pontiac Pursuit GTs in...4-door....it's Pontiacs version of the Chevy Cobalt 4-dr SS I guess. The big wheels on it look very good. Edited by HarleyEarl

An '06 Impala in a parking lot that had a bunch of '04 and older Impys, you can really tell the difference. Blander? Yes, but also worlds classier. Beyond that, just the usual tons of SUVs, some classics and a yellow Viper. Yellow makes cars go faster, ya know.

Today I saw an Allante...

[post="7484"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I delivered to a house Sunday morning that I've been to a few times, this time was different. He had a bunch of people over (I went in to set his seven freaking pizzas in the kitchen, it looked like an accountants convention) and one of them had an Allante that was parked on the grass allong the driveway. Still a pretty nice looking car. There were Volvos, Saabs and Acuras there as well.

You know, you think you have seen everything....when you least expect it, someone does something even more bizarre to a car. I was cruising along and something caught me eye: A newer Lexus SC430 in white with, hold onto your thong, aftermarket wheels with a chrome rim and PINK spokes!

Just got home a while ago from camping, had fun! Interesting spots at the campground: '76 Cutlass Supreme coupe, yellow/tan. '71 Chevelle SS454 convertible, TH400, in that intense factory gold with black stripes and black vinyl bucket interior. Very sweet. '87 Grand National T-top in top shape. Late model Blazer four door... COVERED in mud, front bumper valance broken off, exhaust hanging low, big "REDNECK" sticker on the back window.

Today, I saw: Mercury Marauder (60s Marauder) '05 Impala with black Landau top Mid 90s Buick Riviera '82ish Chevy Caprice in great condition '74 Ford LTD Quite a few Five Hundreds and a couple Montegos 2 Magnums '65 Mustang convertible Pearl white Chevelle SS with the Cragar SS rims and the rear end jacked up a little

Just got home a while ago from camping, had fun!  Interesting spots at the campground:  '76 Cutlass Supreme coupe, yellow/tan.  '71 Chevelle SS454 convertible, TH400, in that intense factory gold with black stripes and black vinyl bucket interior.  Very sweet.  '87 Grand National T-top in top shape.  Late model Blazer four door... COVERED in mud, front bumper valance broken off, exhaust hanging low, big "REDNECK" sticker on the back window.

[post="9797"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Yes, but did they have pink-spoked wheels?....
Blu, tell us all your exploits on your camping trip....maybe we need a holiday thread.

Coming home from grocery shopping there is an intersection. I turn left to come home, but if you keep going straight, it merges into one lane. So the light is red, la di da, nothing happening, then BOOM, light turns green, and before I can even get turned, a LINCOLN TOWN CAR takes off at full throttle and blasts through the intersection, 4.6 wailing like mad, kicking ass on everything in its wake... I was like dude, are you late for your hair bluing or what?

Saw some Chevy Impala and HHR's a week or two ago-LS trim levels-all great cars that I think will do well. Haven't seen any Sonatas yet, though I saw the Kia Rio Base and LX sedans last week. Much better cars than the outgoing model (then again, it wouldn't have taken much), but still doesn't measure up to a Chevy Aveo in my opinion. And the $11,000 base sedan MSRP does not include a stereo, air conditioning, or wheel covers. Also a couple days ago I saw a light blue....Daewoo Lacetti or Nubira 4-door notchback sedan (aka Chevy Optra in Canada/Asia and Suzuki Forenza here-the compact)! There were no plates, no badges, no registration-but it still had the Daewoo imprint on the multi-spoke aluminum alloy wheels. Saw it at Tom Wahl's, Bushnell's Basin a couple days ago. Edited by Mule Bakersdozen LS

Coming home from grocery shopping there is an intersection.  I turn left to come home, but if you keep going straight, it merges into one lane.  So the light is red, la di da, nothing happening, then BOOM, light turns green, and before I can even get turned, a LINCOLN TOWN CAR takes off at full throttle and blasts through the intersection, 4.6 wailing like mad, kicking ass on everything in its wake... I was like dude, are you late for your hair bluing or what?

[post="10491"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Year-End Vinyl Top Blowout.

Saw a black Torrent outside a Pontiac dealership. Not bad, but nothing great either, IMO.

The Kia dealership I passed had a good dozen new Rios. Jesus Christ, how ugly can those be? I thought cars progressed from black chunks of plastic, not to black chunks of plastic.

About the tenth Ridgeline ever. What a hot number on Honda's hands.

Another 300 with a vinyl top.

I forgot to post this yesterday, but there was an absolutely perfect '56 Chevy while walking from my car to class. Absolutely perfect exterior, I'd have my doubts about the interior, since there was what appered to be a Pep Boys ricer style gauge pod in it.