Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
04monteintimidator

Pontiac G8

13 posts in this topic

now... dont get me wrong, i love the G8... i think its one of the most beautiful cars Pontiac has sold in a very long time and am excited to maybe own one at some point in my life... but i was sitting there thinking... yes this is an awesome car, yes its RWD and yes its a performance oriented sedan... but is it a Pontiac? so i took it, and infused a little bit of old-school Pontiac DNA, nothing too crazy, just an extremely revamped grill/headlight set-up, new taillights, and a little bit of hips which you can see in the rear view... what do you think?

G8.jpg

I like what you've done with the back end, the square block taillamps on the production car do not say "Pontiac" to me. For the front, have you seen the spy photos posted elsewhere of the "proposed" GTO, based on the Coupe60? I think that front end is hot.

"what makes a pontiac a pontiac?"

almost nothing... they don't do anything consistently enough to be known for much of anything. :(

I like some of what you did in the sketches, though I'm not sure if I prefer them over the G8 as-is. Not better or worse, just different I guess.

I'll agree that it's not an improvement. Good sketches, but the G8 looks good as is and you'd have to completely change the fascias to make them work with any other deviation of their current design.

thanks for the feedback so far...

but i feel like i should tell you guys that i wasnt trying to make it look better... as i said, i love the G8 as is... i just wanted to see what it would look like with a bit more traditional Pontiac cues... i kinda like it but ill agree with you guys as well... its not really an improvement, just different

thanks for the feedback so far...

but i feel like i should tell you guys that i wasnt trying to make it look better... as i said, i love the G8 as is... i just wanted to see what it would look like with a bit more traditional Pontiac cues... i kinda like it but ill agree with you guys as well... its not really an improvement, just different

I especially like the way you incorporated the twin kidney grille with the headlights. I see where you are coming from with different.

in person, the G8 rear definitely recalls late generation Gran Prixs, from the 98-02 model especially. Go see it in person, the lights are beautiful up back, they're shaped just right and the lines contrast with it just really well. For anyone who hasn't seen it yet, it won't disappoint.

in person, the G8 rear definitely recalls late generation Gran Prixs, from the 98-02 model especially. Go see it in person, the lights are beautiful up back, they're shaped just right and the lines contrast with it just really well. For anyone who hasn't seen it yet, it won't disappoint.

I've seen one in person (the 50 Cent custom at Barrett-Jackson) and the taillights are one element I really haven't warmed up to... .they just don't say Pontiac to me (I know in ancient times Pontiacs had single round taillights (early '50s), but I tend to think of horizontal ribbed or divided taillights as a Pontiac taillight theme..

One past Pontiac grille treatment that I think could be interesting to see a modern interpretation of would be the large, ovalish grilles on the '70-73 Firebirds...always liked that front end...

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0