Hyundai Genesis Coupe Pics Leaked

Cory Wolfe

Distinctive (love the beltline dip), sporty, RWD, and purportedly affordable, what's not to like? Hyundai certainly has made some quantum leaps in quality and all-around appeal in recent years. Good for them.

I'm not finding it exciting, but it's not offensive either. Affordable RWD is certainly a good thing. I'm still trying to figure out the headlights, they look like a bad photoshop in the 1st & last pictures, with the further lamp looking twice as big as the closer one, but I'm assuming these are photographs, and that is just something about the angle of the photo and the lenses. The front gave me a slight G6 vibe at first glance, but it doesn't seem to be a ripoff design.

it's merely ok, but take the badge off it and you have no clue who makes the car.

it tends to look like some of the other coupes (altima, etc.) and look a little dated 90's at the same time.

considering who makes the car, it's an achievement. i guess. it does have a big leg up on honda and toyota in this arena.

Edited by regfootball

I thought the current-gen Tiburon looked like a Ferrari compared to the previous car. It still looks pretty good, but this car changes everything, especially the RWD part. Any interior pics yet?

Yup smallchevy, the 260hp 2.0L Ecotec turbo and a sweet 3.6L DI V6 riding in the Alpha platform would make a fantastic, modern Firebird, imo.

Looks worlds better than any previous Hyundai Tiburon. The front end looks too Lexus IS. Beyond that, Hyundai has learned in less than half the time what it took the Japanese to learn about the American car market. This car gives me a neo-Nissan 240SX vibe. I wonder if Nissan will respond with a competing model?

I guess it's better than the Solara, G6, Altima, etc, but nowhere near the TT, 328i Coupe, and CLK I thought they were aiming for.

Uh... compare what it's projected to cost against those vehicles and see where it fits in, regardless of what they were aiming for. If it's better than the first set, I'd say they've achieved their goal.

I bet if this had a twin port grill on it, many of you would stop complaining. It looks worlds better than the G6 and much less bland. The interior is great for any brand and it looks spectacular in red. If were in the market for a new vehicle, it'd be hard to get anything over this.

Edited by blackviper8891

It's nice and looks quite good from the rear.I think the interior is a bit reminiscent of the CTS, but still looks good.

The only big drawback, IMO, is the two creases on the side that don't match up.

Alright, I'll say it's got major potential to be a hit. I'm not a fan of the whole nose of the car... looks squished. The grille, well, it's not very aggressive. Not into the dip in the beltline... and the interior, while not bad, is not great in my opinion.

Honestly.... except for a little bit of Lexus-generic styling (grille & small details) it's looking like a great product.

Too bad it will be stealing sales away from GM but the silver lining is that this car will EAT Toyota;s & Honda's lunch. :smilewide:

oc you barely beat me. i'd say hyundai got access to some GM design photos of the CTS

Damn it seems like it......doesn't it.....?

I think the exterior is attractive.....although it's not a "must-have" for me......but I AM attracted to the IDEA of this car, with Mustang GT-like performance, with THIS interior, AND RWD......

(edit: Considering the price and performance....AND RWD....I'd probably take this over an Accord V6 Coupe or an Altima SE V6....!!!)

Edited by The O.C.

I'm not a fan of the exterior in any angle. The interior looks cheap and generic as well -although if you don't look too closely at the interior it looks quite good at first glance. The wheels are nice.

If I look at the car in a few angles, and squint my eyes, it actually looks almost ok. They got the proportions right, but the styling is awful. It reminds me of a G6 coupe mixed with Solara and some poor attempts at styling distinctness thrown in.

I wonder how the new Tiburon will fair in comparison tests (and the Genesis sedan).

Edited by siegen

What is the price point? base? loaded?

Damn it seems like it......doesn't it.....?

I think the exterior is attractive.....although it's not a "must-have" for me......but I AM attracted to the IDEA of this car, with Mustang GT-like performance, with THIS interior, AND RWD......

(edit: Considering the price and performance....AND RWD....I'd probably take this over an Accord V6 Coupe or an Altima SE V6....!!!)

It's really hard to tell from the pictures, but it looks closer in size to the Civic coupe than the Accord coupe on the inside. It will be interesting to see the interior dimensions.

This car isn't supposed to come out until 2010, so it's a whole year off. I wonder if they will make any styling changes, or if this is it.

If they wrapped this car with styling similar to a Saturn Sky, I say it would probably look pretty darn good.

The headlights make it appear to be cross eyed, I agree with Northstar's comment.

crosseyedpossumoo1.jpg

:rotflmao: @ that pic!

Re the Genesis Coupe and based on the RWD layout and availability of a Turbo I4 engine, it seems Hyundai built a better G6 than Pontiac. That's kinda :censored:.

Edited by ZL-1

It's really hard to tell from the pictures, but it looks closer in size to the Civic coupe than the Accord coupe on the inside. It will be interesting to see the interior dimensions.

This car isn't supposed to come out until 2010, so it's a whole year off. I wonder if they will make any styling changes, or if this is it.

If they wrapped this car with styling similar to a Saturn Sky, I say it would probably look pretty darn good.

Nah....it's Accord/Altima/Solera sized.

Remember it's based off of the Genesis sedan architecture.....and that car is definitely midsize-to-large.

Live reveal video:

Quite the intro. Wish you could hear the engine more. It almost looked like the red one was going to scrape, and I think the driver thought that as well when she slowed down abruptly taking that sharp left turn.

Not sure why they chose those drivers though. Are they targeting women with this car?

Wow pretty nice looking car for a Hyundai, The exterior gives me a G coupe vibe from the rear ( the deck lid) The interior is quite nice however, but I'd rather have a Challenger.

Edited by Delta Force79

I'm with Delta, in a RWD V-6 coupe, I'm in the Challenger rather than this.

I want to like the hyundai's beltline dip because it's different, but it doesn't flow for me, and it shows up a long way off. That rear bumper 'wrap-up' from below looks straight off the GP- and I've long thought that element has been played out. Overall, tho, it pushes the envelope for a hyundai.

I'm with Delta, in a RWD V-6 coupe, I'm in the Challenger rather than this.

I want to like the hyundai's beltline dip because it's different, but it doesn't flow for me, and it shows up a long way off. That rear bumper 'wrap-up' from below looks straight off the GP- and I've long thought that element has been played out. Overall, tho, it pushes the envelope for a hyundai.

And Chevy's RWD V6 coupe (Camaro) is going to give us a detuned 260hp version of the DI V6........

<_<

40 HP is not going to put me in a hyundai over a Camaro; if peak HP is that crucial in my decision, I'd be modding it anyway or buying the V-8. Besides; hyundai has a good 20 years of decent reliability to go before I would trust one.

According to Settlemire via hyperv6:

>>"From what I was told there will be 2 V6 models one standard issue and one performance 300 HP 3.6 DI non Turbo. Now I was quoted last summer that they may be looking at around 320 HP at that time."<<

Edited by balthazar