Corn dogs: Classiest food ever?

Satty

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

May be PCS would like to check you out before that.

You never know... Europeans are just sexual, right? They go every which way. Guys, gals, the occasional sheep...

Now NOS you know better than that.

Well, he's not completely off with that satirical statement. :P

Edited by blackviper8891

Wow, damn you all. Now I really, really want a corn dog. Any idea where I can get one in Metro Detroit on lunch? haha

EDIT: Ooh, ooh! I'll check all the local gas stations and 7-11s. :smilewide:

Edited by NOS2006

You never know... Europeans are just sexual, right? They go every which way. Guys, gals, the occasional sheep...

Sheep, :blink: . BV you seem to know Europeans very well.

Wow, damn you all. Now I really, really want a corn dog. Any idea where I can get one in Metro Detroit on lunch? haha

EDIT: Ooh, ooh! I'll check all the local gas stations and 7-11s. :smilewide:

Some of the Sonics sell them, however there is no Sonics in Metro Detroit. There is one Bubba owned place in Fraser, you can try there.

My spies say you don't have blond hair. :AH-HA_wink:

My hair is "dirty," as some would say, but you couldn't tell that given that your "spy photo" was taken with a digital camera costing under fifteen dollars. :P :AH-HA_wink:

Edited by YellowJacket894

I haven't eaten a corndog in over 10 years. I am proud to say that with the support of my family, friends, and a local group of similar people, Corndogs no longer dominate my life.

I just take it one day at a time.

I grew up smack dab between the two of you and Corndogs were an integral part of my upbringing. That'd be like saying you don't know what Pork Roll is....... psha!

:huh: man im im so far in the south its the first part of my states name. we got pork whatever you want (and dont want). have not heard of this pork roll you speak of, do explain.

I haven't eaten a corndog in over 10 years. I am proud to say that with the support of my family, friends, and a local group of similar people, Corndogs no longer dominate my life.

I just take it one day at a time.

Do you prefer your weiners wrapped in something else? :P

:huh: man im im so far in the south its the first part of my states name. we got pork whatever you want (and dont want). have not heard of this pork roll you speak of, do explain.

There really is a Wikipedia page for everything.

Also known as Taylor ham.

Seen a corn dog, if only a few times in my 29 years on this planet... never eaten one.

I looooove me a good ht dawg though. :)

Whaaaaat?!? Really?

Go to the nearest "Hot Dog on a Stick" ASAP!

We don't have them here. I've never even heard of them! LOL

I'm surprised. I thought Nathans sold Corn Dogs at Coney Island?

Oh please... no desire to trek out to Coney Island. Maybe they do sell them there--all I ever hear is how Nathans at Coney Island is nothing like it used to be.

mmmm zeppolis! :D

My parents and I were JUST talking about that Saturday--that we can't remember anymore what is the correct way to say that... whether it's zeppoli or sfingi.

Nevermind, Wikipedia just answered my question: sfingi is Roman Italian, whereas zeppoli is southern dialect. The proper way to pronounce it is zeppola for singular, zeppole for plural. Now if I could just figure out what the non-dialect version of pignolata is!

Do you prefer your weiners wrapped in something else? :P

Always wrapped, safety first!

I am proud to say that I ALWAYS have protected sex. No condom=dealbreaker.

I grew up smack dab between the two of you and Corndogs were an integral part of my upbringing. That'd be like saying you don't know what Pork Roll is....... psha!

I grew up a half hour from where you did and corndogs are no where to be found. Not only have I never had one, I've never seen one. :P

I've eaten corn dogs, but then in the south we like corn, especially corn bread, I'm not talking corn muffin here, but real southern corn bread. I also like good old hot dogs, once when I was delirious from a fever I crossed the border into Pennsylvania (Yankee Land), and found this little gem called Jimmy John's Hot dogs on route 202 North, in West Chester, PA. They have Hot Dogs and model trains, how cool is that? :smilewide:

http://www.hollyeats.com/JimmyJohns.htm

Speaking of just Chili dogs...here in NY, there is a little place called HUBBA'S, it is this little dive of a place, no restoom, just a counter a row of stools and a couple of spanish guys cooking hot dogs and burgers all day. So whats so special about Hubba's? THE CHILI...we're not talking any ordinary chili here. There are no beans in it, its just ground beef with enough spice in it to light a fire. My usual is a chili cheese dog wedge ( two hot dogs, sliced down the middle and then topped with melt cheese slices not cheese sauce and then chili...all served on a bakery fresh foot long wedge or hero) Along with that is a large order of chili cheese onion rings or chili cheese fries and a large beverage. Up until recently they served RC cola but have since switched to Pepsi. That was my same exact meal and drink for about 6 years. Within the last couple months I've changed it up a bit. Now I get a chili cheese burger wedge and chili cheese onion rings/fries. Let me tell you I never, never liked spicy food until I had their chili. The place is tiny, there is literally no room to walk, you have to walk sideways through the place to get between the stools and the wall. Also, the entire place is covered in dollar bills signed by loyal patrons, I'm on the wall somewhere...still havent been able to find me after 4 years lol. As far as I know Hubba's has been voted best chili every year for the last 6 or 7 years by Westchester Magazine or something like that. So if you like chili and you're ever in NY and in the Port chester area, try it!

I've eaten corn dogs, but then in the south we like corn, especially corn bread, I'm not talking corn muffin here, but real southern corn bread. I also like good old hot dogs, once when I was delirious from a fever I crossed the border into Pennsylvania (Yankee Land), and found this little gem called Jimmy John's Hot dogs on route 202 North, in West Chester, PA. They have Hot Dogs and model trains, how cool is that? :smilewide:

http://www.hollyeats.com/JimmyJohns.htm

Jimmy John's is legend.

Tom Mix Death Car, anyone? :AH-HA_wink:

Gotcha. I have so much to learn. I am the grasshopper. :P (sorry, little :tipsy:)

Lucky you.

The way they have the pic of the car set up is a bit creepy, with a little plaque on the bottom of the frame that says "Tom Mix Death Car".

It's an odd little place.

Good food though.