LSA Camaro Spied (Z28?)

NOS2006

Thanks SuperSport623

**About the 2nd gen and later RS**

In the 2nd gens, RS continued up to 1980. Starting in 1978 it became a separate Camaro model and could not be combined with Z/28, only LT.

Then in 79 (when Berlinetta replaced LT) it couldn't be combined with Z/28 or Berlinetta.

RS returned as a regional option for 87 & 88 and then as a model series in 89 and continued through the rest of the third gens.

RS once again return in 96 basically as an exterior appearance package.

**Gotta love having the Camaro White Book**

Hyper, I'm actually shocked that you didn't know you could get a RS Z/28 !

I've seen many, many, over the years and have always preferred both Z/28s and SSs when they also had the RS package.

But, the RS was also a stand alone item at three different times in Camaro history. The first was the Gen1 Camaro and the second (and most common) was on the 3rd gen, the last time was late 4th gens done by SLP. The first gens are rare and desireable collectors items, some third gens are quite nice but not very rare, and the 4th gens are something of a footnote.

EDIT: there may have also been an early 4th gen factory RS, I simply don't remember.

I am sorry!!!!

I did know this and just drew a blank on this one for some reason. To many hours at the office, over 40 or too little sleep? I think I just associate them with the SS the most as 2 of my buddys had 396 SSRS Camaros in the past. Anyway I just messed up on this one.

You would think after judging at a Camaro show the last 6 years and over 150 Camaros a year I would not make a mistake that bad please forgive me. I will write z/28 RS 100 times on a black board.

I too love the split bumper cars of 70-73.

I am sorry!!!!

I did know this and just drew a blank on this one for some reason. To many hours at the office, over 40 or too little sleep? I think I just associate them with the SS the most as 2 of my buddys had 396 SSRS Camaros in the past. Anyway I just messed up on this one.

You would think after judging at a Camaro show the last 6 years and over 150 Camaros a year I would not make a mistake that bad please forgive me. I will write z/28 RS 100 times on a black board.

I too love the split bumper cars of 70-73.

:lol:

That's why I was surprised.

Don't worry, I promise not to tell Scott. :AH-HA_wink:

Thanks SuperSport623

**About the 2nd gen and later RS**

In the 2nd gens, RS continued up to 1980. Starting in 1978 it became a separate Camaro model and could not be combined with Z/28, only LT.

Then in 79 (when Berlinetta replaced LT) it couldn't be combined with Z/28 or Berlinetta.

RS returned as a regional option for 87 & 88 and then as a model series in 89 and continued through the rest of the third gens.

RS once again return in 96 basically as an exterior appearance package.

**Gotta love having the Camaro White Book**

Let me know when you want to sell the 72 Buick, yellow is tied with purple as being my favorite color. It would look so good next to the Custom-S in my garage, in beautiful Hockessin, Delaware. :AH-HA_wink:

Let me know when you want to sell the 72 Buick, yellow is tied with purple as being my favorite color. It would look so good next to the Custom-S in my garage, in beautiful Hockessin, Delaware. :AH-HA_wink:

You'd have to fight a cage death match with Tammy and I know she's psychotic about her Skylark!

The split bumper cars were 70-73 and the split bumper was exclusive to RS cars. They could be optioned as RS/SS and Z28/RS through 1972. In 1973 the Type LT model took the place of the SS and I don't *think* it could be optioned with the RS. 1974 saw a new front end.

My '73 was originally a Type LT without the RS package. However, it is now restored as a Z28/RS :)

YellowJacket894, stop obsessing about me, people are starting to talk! :smilewide:

Oh, I don't ask about you or gather information on you, what I know is information that I have been told by random chance. Trust me. I have better things to do with my time. My source just tells me things about GME when I request information that can enrich my knowledge of what's going on in the industry ... and he also likes to tell me many a tall tale of seeing the elusive Yeti on GME grounds during his visits there. It really gets in the way of learning anything terribly pertinent, sometimes, I am sad to say. He says Mr. Yeti is quite hard to snap a photo of, but he's determined to eventually get his proof and sell it to Barnum & Bailey's great circus. I have wished him luck. :AH-HA_wink:

Edited by YellowJacket894

Tell Miss Tammy to start training, I will dazzle her with my fancy footwork. They don't call me Feet of Fire for nothing! :AH-HA_wink:

Ummm, Tammy is already going to Tang Soo Do classes. She wouldn't be watching your feet, just aiming at your head.

I know from experience that she has a mean spinning back kick.